GOOOOAAAAL

In vlog form! Soon you will see why I don’t do vlogs. I ramble without the ability to edit text.

My Big Goal for the Upcoming Year from Nicole Balch on Vimeo.

If you can’t watch, surprise, I want to write a book. I went through an agent interviewing process and have started my proposal, then life got in the way when we decided to sell our house and buy the new one. Moving, blah blah blah, still working on the proposal.

If I put it out there, I’ll hold myself more accountable, so that’s what I’m doing. I want a book. I’m writing the proposal and making it the best lil’ proposal it can be before it gets shopped around to publishers. The book is my number one goal for this upcoming year, and I’m ready to devote a whole lot of time and energy to making it happen.

Thinkin' of a Master Plan

89 Responses to “GOOOOAAAAL”

1. Ally October 24, 2013 at 8:56 pm #

LOL, you are too cute! I totally understand the rambling on thing (although I thought you did just fine there)… You should here my voice mail messages… WAY too long!

I will be buying this book and I have no doubt it will be a big success! I too have gone the ‘public’ route to make a goal more legit. It does work!

I patiently await it’s arrival on bookshelves worldwide!

2. Ellen October 24, 2013 at 9:41 pm #

Love the vlog, and the intention behind it. Can’t wait to see it all come to fruition for you!

3. Lucy October 24, 2013 at 9:54 pm #

It’s kind of easy to dislike girls like you – you got it going on girl! Dream house & the cutest haircut are killer combos. :)

But the truth is, you inspire me and I admire you! If anyone can nail this book proposal, it’s you! So excited to watch your next year unfold.

4. Alisa October 24, 2013 at 10:27 pm #

Soooo proud of you for putting it out there! I’m working on something too but getting a few road blocks here and there. You can read here if you want. I still can’t believe I put mine out there.

5. Kristi October 25, 2013 at 12:09 am #

Hi Nicole,
    This is my first time commenting. I’ve been reading your blog since before you were pregnant with Eleanor! I just wanted to say you are so cute and I will definitely be buying your book when it comes out. You have been such an inspiration to me over the past few years. Best of luck to you!

6. Anita October 25, 2013 at 8:50 am #

You did not ramble, you did great! Totally natural- you wouldn’t want it perfectly edited, it would sound like a speech…

7. Anne October 25, 2013 at 9:04 am #

Hi Nicole! Like your blog and love your short hair, but I would love to see you with other glasses. Have you every tried a different pair? I just wonder if another type would suit you better or not, these are so big. Would be fun to have a post of you trying out differnt pairs :-)

8. Heather October 25, 2013 at 9:40 am #

Hi Nicole, it was great to talk to you at Camp Mighty after the closing dinner. When I saw your list of goals, it made me so happy, as I’ve been wanting you to write a book ever since John and Sherry announced their deal! I’m the “smart girl, wants to be artist” (well, writer) and you are an inspiration to me, and also how I first heard about Camp Mighty.

9. Karlie October 25, 2013 at 12:23 pm #

I love hearing the voice behind the blog! It “sounds” just like you. Or rather, you communicate your voice so well through your writing and pictures and style. I think you’re practically perfect in every way, and I can’t wait to hear more about the book! You go girl!

10. charity October 25, 2013 at 6:01 pm #

Aww! You’re so cute! I like this little video because it makes me feel like you’re more like a real person, more like me, you know. Cause sometimes you read these blogs from the people who are “at the top” and they seem untouchable. There lives are so sparkly and exciting. Anyway, I liked this. Good luck on your book!

11. Josephine October 25, 2013 at 9:10 pm #

Yay you! I’ve been visiting your site for years and am keen to see what kind of a book you would write :-) love your frock, too!

12. Julie October 25, 2013 at 11:02 pm #

You are super cute in vlog form! That was fun. Good luck with the book thing. I’ll definitely be getting it, even though I don’t know exactly what your focus is yet… it’s a sure thing if it’s your work!

13. Mary October 27, 2013 at 7:32 am #

Good luck on the proposal, can’t wait to see what comes from it!

I noticed your (temporary?) tattoo and am wondering if that’s meant to quote a line from Eric B. & Rakim’s song ” Paid In Full”? If so, that’s pretty damn fresh. If not, it’s still pretty damn fresh.

14. Kristyne October 27, 2013 at 2:32 pm #

You’re so cute. :) Nice to put a voice to the words. Good luck with the book! tx, k

15. Sam October 28, 2013 at 1:50 am #

That is so exciting! I have always wanted to do this! Good luck, I would love to read blogs about the process!! I have always wondered how you get an agent and how you get a publisher!

16. Tracy October 28, 2013 at 11:58 pm #