21 February 27, 2014

Style: White Plus Gold

I am so ready to wear something besides boots and four million layers to go outside every day. It’s almost March, which for Chicago means what, two more months of snow to go? Come on, spring!

Style: White Plus Gold #makingitlovely

1. Kitty Glasses, Lookmatic
    Cat’s eye frames meet a mod round shape. And such a good color! Meow.

2. Elizabeth and James, Nirvana White, Sephora
    I was skeptical, but both scents are pretty fantastic. Here’s an interesting fragrance review.

3. Elizabeth and James, Nirvana Black, Sephora
    Ditto, above.

4. Charming Charm Bracelet, Kate Spade
    I just always love these.

5. Double Wooden Ring, Moorea Seal
    A little wood to break up all the shiny and sleek.

6. Beige Tights, Anthropologie
    These are the most comfortable tights. If beige isn’t your color (and I don’t blame you!), they have others. I have to say though, I bought a pair of opaque beige tights last year, worried that they’d be weird, and I love ’em.

7. Pointy Flats with Gold Ankle Strap, Zara
    The little flash of gold here is so, so good.

8. Basic Tote, Baggu
    A basic tote made less so by being made of gold.

9. Labworks Stripe Shift Dress, Target
    This dress looks short! It would be equally cute over leggings and boots, but I couldn’t bring myself to still be looking at boots this time of year.

Laura @ Rather Square
    February 27, 2014 at 12:24 pm

Those glasses are rad.

Rebecca H
    February 27, 2014 at 12:56 pm

Hey I’ve been rocking that gold Baggu tote since the Fall! I clearly have fabulous style. Or live in BK right next to the headquarters. :-)

Amie M
    February 27, 2014 at 12:57 pm

Have you purchased from Lookmatic before? I really like a pair of glasses from them too, but I have never bought glasses online before, just contact lenses.

Making it Lovely
      February 27, 2014 at 2:12 pm

I think Lookmatic was called Spex Club when they first opened, and I have a pair from way back when. I have glasses from a handful of online shops (Warby Parker, Spex Club, Rivet & Sway, and Coastal) and have never had a problem.

Corrin
      February 27, 2014 at 3:31 pm

I buy from Lookmatic frequently and they’ve been great!

Heidi
    February 27, 2014 at 1:14 pm

Love, love, love that metallic Baggu tote! And it’s made in the USA!

Catherine
    February 27, 2014 at 1:29 pm

I just ordered a roller ball of the Nirvana Black and it is so lovely. They are really talented designers and business women.

Kathy
    February 27, 2014 at 2:17 pm

Nicole-
    I just love the style boards you make. What is involved in making them? Is there formatting software out there I could download/buy that would walk me through making my own? Thank you for any advice on this topic you can share.

Jess R
    February 27, 2014 at 2:34 pm

Hi Nicole, Really like your blog and love your new home…. Random question — what typeface are those numbers? Thanks!

Jess R
    February 27, 2014 at 2:44 pm

Sorry for the confusion, I mean the gold numbers in the image above — they look sort of hand drawn, inline.

I saw an invitation on Pinterest the other day featuring a similar typeface and I can’t figure out what it is.

Making it Lovely
      February 27, 2014 at 2:45 pm

Yes, those are the ones I was referring to! It’s part of the font family. Eames Numerals – Cover.

Corrin
    February 27, 2014 at 3:30 pm

I LOVED those glasses but they looked ridiculous on me. I settled for them as prescription sunglasses and I’m wearing them no matter what anyone says.

Making it Lovely
      February 28, 2014 at 10:48 am

Sounds like the way to go. You can totally get away with ridiculous sunglasses, far easier than with regular specs!

Sara
    February 27, 2014 at 8:36 pm

Love the style posts! Wish warmer weather would come to Chicago. The sandals and swim suits in the store windows are making it so tough!

Geneviève
    February 28, 2014 at 11:43 am

My sister (who’s living 325 miles north from Montreal)is moving into her first home today and it’s -36 F around there!

We cannot wait for spring to finally arrive!! A warm post like this is totally welcome :)

Sava
    February 28, 2014 at 12:25 pm

You say dress, I say tunic.
    I will consider beige tights. Probably nice in the winter.
    And that bag is great!

alisa
    February 28, 2014 at 6:54 pm

That dress does look short, but I love it! I would wear it as a tunic as well (or as Olivia says, a TOOOO-nac.) Thanks for a style post, these are my fave!! Also, I know you aren’t into jeans much, mostly pants, but have you heard of “Not Your Daughter’s Jeans”? I’ve heard they are fantastic.

Clever Girl Reviews
    March 2, 2014 at 2:25 am

I need Nirvana Black!

Patricia
    March 3, 2014 at 1:59 am

That’s one of my current favorite combinations! I’ve been trying to add touches of gold into our all-white living room. So far, I’ve found these nice gold bookends from Typo, but that’s about it. I’d love to add more!

It’s already summer where I am, so I’ve been wearing a lot of whites. I need that gold bag!

Favorite Fragrances | Making it Lovely
    March 10, 2014 at 5:00 pm

[…] Chanel Coco Mademoiselle was one that I wore a lot up to a few years ago, but Stella, by Stella McCartney edged it out of my rotation. I also love Prada’s Amber scent, though it’s pretty heavy and thus reserved for fall and winter, and only on occasion. With spring arriving, I’ll be back to L’Eau de Chloé, and I think I might add Elizabeth and James’ Nirvana Black to my small collection. (I’ve been using a tester since I included it in my last style post.) […]