'F' for Fun

My Animal Crossing Home

So, after mentioning the latest Animal Crossing New Leaf update, I had some people email to ask for my Dream Address (a way to check out someone’s town), which is 5C00-0035-542F. In fact, let’s just leave this right here…

Animal Crossing New Leaf: Lovely Town Dream Address 5C00-0035-542F

My town is called Lovely because of course it is, and my house is mostly a mix of furniture from the ‘Regal’ and ‘Exotic’ series, plus plants, flowers, and white brick walls. And a creepy basement. But pink brick pathways and flowers and topiaries and all that cuteness outside!

Eleanor and August each have a house in our town, too. If you’re looking for a game that you and your kids can all enjoy, Animal Crossing New Leaf for the Nintendo 3DS is a great one, and it’s only $20. It came out in 2013, so it’s definitely not new, but if you have a 3DS and missed this one until now, it’s worth picking up.

Rumor has it there may be a new title heading to the Nintendo Switch or for mobile, but I haven’t seen anything official. Brandon follows gaming news, so he knows and is into everything that’s new and upcoming, and he hasn’t heard anything yet either.

Animal Crossing is for sure one of my favorite Nintendo franchises, but having grown up a child of the 80s, I’ve had my favorite games over the years. Oregon Trail and Lemonade Stand gave way to Super Mario Brothers, Sim City, Riven, and The Sims. Other favorites that I immediately think of are Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda (Wind Waker was the cutest), and Okami. The fighting games (Mortal Kombat and the like) and the Rock Band titles were fun too. Oh, Katamari Damacy! Never forget baby Eleanor dressed as The Prince. (It still kills me that I forgot to add the final ribbon trim around each end of the headpiece. Gah!)

Baby Katamari Damacy Prince Halloween Costume

OK, nerding out is over for today. Off to work on some IRL rooms! *Pushes up glasses, pushes up sleeves.*

Sources & Paint ColorsNeed design help? Let's work together.

You Might Also Like...

Geneviève Thiffault
    January 30, 2017 at 7:39 pm

How fun, thanks for sharing! I have to admit, AC is my guilty pleasure (and Zelda is my non guilty one :D).

Also, that costume is so awesome (even without the trim), nice work!

kim
    January 31, 2017 at 10:29 am

If you were into Harvest Moon as well, we’d be like gaming twins.

Making it Lovely
      February 1, 2017 at 9:03 am

I picked up Harvest Moon and I don’t know, it didn’t grab me. In theory, it should be one of my favorites — maybe I was too busy at the time to give it a proper chance?

kim
        February 2, 2017 at 8:15 am

After some thought, it may not have grabbed you because it’s more task- than design-oriented. There’s little to no room for customization.

Marlene
    January 31, 2017 at 10:56 am

My younger boys that are 5 & 9 and I play AC together quite frequently. We have 2 different versions for the DS and have one for Game Cube.

Making it Lovely
      February 1, 2017 at 9:06 am

They’re so fun. We pick up each new one as they come out, so I’m hoping there will be another in the next year (hopefully not too much longer)!

Sandie Moore
    January 31, 2017 at 12:20 pm

Dream address for Earth 5E00-000F-DF5A

Emilie
    January 31, 2017 at 2:26 pm

Current favorite, Dragon Quest Builders!

Kirstin Eye
    February 28, 2017 at 4:01 pm

Thanks for sharing your Dream Address. I visited this past weekend and your town is so nice. I had been thinking about laying down paths, and I decided to go for it after seeing your town. I love Animal Crossing so much! I played Wild World while I was pregnant and later when nursing. My boys have been hearing the soundtrack their whole lives.