I designed the invitations this weekend. We’re just having our family over, so no need to include the address (I’m pretty sure they know how to find us).
I want to make a rainbow cake for her. Last year, I ordered a chocolate cake from the local bakery. It tasted fine, but it was kind of expensive for a plain cake and I didn’t like the way they frosted it (I decorated the top myself with a chocolate silhouette). I remember thinking that I should have just made the whole thing myself, so this year I’m going to give it a try.
photo by Nicole Hill Gerulat
I’m thinking balloons and polka dots, in lots of bright colors for the decorations. I’m sure the party will come together, but I hope I’m not being overly ambitious with the cake.
- This cat got a better birthday party than most people get! (via poppytalk)
- Accidental mama/baby matching shoes? Sounds like something I would do.
- I want to find my hula hoop. Doesn’t it sound fun?
- This is cool-looking, but it makes me nervous. (Topple city!)
- Laure Joliet has been killing it lately.
- Lots of color!
- And more color (this time, in organized form)!
- Guys totally make passes at girls who wear glasses.
I also write for Babble’s Family Style blog. Here’s what I’ve been sharing there…