If you follow me on Instagram, you might have seen that I finally did the grid of frames I had been thinking about! Obviously they’re empty right now, which is because the art (oversized Tarot cards) is not a standard size. I don’t have a go-to source for custom mats. I’ve found the same online places you can by searching, and the price is probably half of what I’ll pay at my local framing shop, but I’d rather see my options in person (there are so many whites, off-whites, and ivories) and the turnaround will be fairly quick.
I’ll show you as soon as it’s ready. You’re in for a bigger living room update anyway!
- The 9 new Farrow & Ball colors (photos below) are beautiful. When I said I’m drawn to “the ugly colors” this is what I mean.
- This house tour was great, but it was something the woman who lives there, LaTonya Yvette, said in the interview that stuck with me. I love the idea of being free for people to just stop by whenever.
“We do ‘Open House Sundays.’ I’ll tell people my doors will be open from this time to this time so just come! I love having a space for people to have fun and throw it down.”
- The tone of this post about high-rise jeans had some people taking it a little too seriously, but I’m in agreement with the basic premise.
“Low-rise denim is so depraved it isn’t worth attacking: It knows what it did—it just doesn’t care.”
- These sconces look just like cute pink pearl earrings! Gah, too cute.
- I bought a few things from LOFT (dangerous, because there’s one within walking distance and it’s too easy to stop in) and now I need the weather to comply so I can wear my polka dot blouse and wool skirt. Will likely pair them with my favorite under $30 shoes.
- I tried the red/pink eyeshadow trend and I looked like I was suffering from terrible seasonal allergies. Thinking I might give it another try after watching this Lisa Eldridge tutorial. After years and years of not caring, I’m having fun with makeup again.
IMAGES: Farrow & Ball