8 January 14, 2008

Gravatars

I’ve been quite happy with WordPress. There is something I miss about Blogger though: the avatars. I like seeing somebody’s picture or a cute little image when they leave a comment.

It turns out I could bring that functionality into WordPress with gravatars. If you don’t have one (and it looks like most of you do not), might I suggest you sign up? It’s free, and it’s quick. Other sites are increasingly using them too, so you will be all ‘web 2.0’ with your bad self.

Elissa
    January 14, 2008 at 11:18 pm

Yay, neat! I’ve been meaning to sign up with gravatar but never had the time/patiences to figure out how to.

sarah
    January 15, 2008 at 2:36 am

yay! i’m in! i miss the little avatars on wordpress too. :)

Caitlin
    January 15, 2008 at 7:27 am

I love the Gravatars plugin, it makes the comments a little more personal!
    I had one already for blog comments and promotion. ^_~

There’s also Dan’s Avatar Thingy if you ever decide you want people to register for your blog, then they can have their own non-gravatar avatars. I use that one on my personal blog because my friends were too lazy to sign up at gravatar. ^_~

Gravatar is more universal, especially for public blogs like this, though. ^_^

ileana
    January 15, 2008 at 7:32 am

Ooh, I’ve been meaning to sign up for a Gravatar. Thanks for the kick in the pants!

Syd
    January 15, 2008 at 11:26 am

Love it. I’ve been thinking about this for a while, so now I have a gravatar and I’ve added them to my site. Thanks!

Jules
    January 15, 2008 at 11:44 am

Well, I signed up and I can’t seem to get it to work! I’ve already posted and it doesn’t seem to call up my image. Hmm. I’ll keep playing with it. /><\ <—–Angry Dog. ;)

Making it Lovely
    January 15, 2008 at 6:21 pm

It’s so nice to see faces again, yay!

Jules, yours is working! /^^\

mary.c
    January 21, 2008 at 8:58 am

OK, I just got one for myself too. Hopefully it works alright.