Getting Ready for Halloween

I’ll be doing a bit of crafting and sewing today, putting Eleanor’s Halloween costume together. I’m making it a little easier on myself this year compared to last — just pig ears and a sailor collar. I may be running out of time, but at least our front porch has been decorated (which you can vote for daily until Sunday). Now if you’ll excuse me, I have some fabric to buy.

22 Responses to “Getting Ready for Halloween”

1. Kristin October 28, 2010 at 12:45 pm #

Aaaahhh! I cannot wait to see the costume. My daughter is Olivia this year and I made her ears, as well.

2. Danielle October 28, 2010 at 1:06 pm #

O how cute! I love Olivia books! You always pick the cutest ideas for her!

3. christine October 28, 2010 at 1:31 pm #

What a great idea! I can’t wait to see how it turns out.

4. amy goodhouse October 28, 2010 at 2:10 pm #

I find it really cute that you are always doing porch competitions when you are expecting :)

5. Two Lovely Spaces October 28, 2010 at 2:25 pm #

Loving the pumpkins!

6. Fiona October 28, 2010 at 4:06 pm #

Gotta love Olivia. Next up – Eloise!

7. Kara October 28, 2010 at 4:32 pm #

I love the bucket with the cat face! Where did you get it?

• Making it Lovely October 28, 2010 at 6:27 pm #

I picked up two on clearance at Pottery Barn last year after Halloween. I’ve been waiting to use them!

8. Zoe October 28, 2010 at 6:04 pm #

I, too, am still sewing away finishing a toddler costume! My son is going to be a skeleton, so I am also taking a relatively low-effort project – just cutting out the bones from white fleece and sewing them onto black sweats. It’s coming out great! I’m envious of your decor, though!

9. YouCantCallitIT! October 28, 2010 at 7:27 pm #

DUDE! Beatrix is going as Olivia too. My mother slaved away knitting her dress and making her Olivia “hat”- can’t wait to compare pics Nicole! Great minds. :-)

• Making it Lovely October 29, 2010 at 7:24 pm #

Yay! I can’t wait to see your Olivia too. :)

10. melissa October 28, 2010 at 11:58 pm #

ooooh! the olivia books are my favorite!! i owned them well before i had a baby

11. Timothy October 29, 2010 at 12:51 am #

You’ve got our vote. Seriously your Halloween decor is awesome!

12. Sofie from Envelop.eu October 29, 2010 at 4:04 am #

Your porch looks really really creepy :-) Love it! Those black birds! Such a pity Haloween isn’t very much celebrated here in Belgium…

13. Kristín October 29, 2010 at 8:24 am #

Just voted for your front porch! I just have to say that of all the 4 projects yours have always been the coolest/nicests :)

14. Wendy October 29, 2010 at 11:22 am #

Hey Nicole — included you in my Halloween Decorating round up post today!!! Love all that you’ve done!!

15. Shelley @ Green Eggs & Hamlet October 29, 2010 at 3:26 pm #

I LOOOOOOVE Olivia! Awesome costume idea for a little one. I may have to force my niece to be that next year (she’s a duck this year).

16. Suzie @ cupcake monkey October 29, 2010 at 3:31 pm #

Those pumpkins look great!

…and I always love your porches! You definitely have my vote!

17. Hannah Jade October 30, 2010 at 9:36 am #

oh wow, those pumpkins are incredible!

18. Nikki October 30, 2010 at 9:33 pm #

Oh. My. Stars. Kristin, that costume is SO money! Fabulous job. Can’t wait to see Miss Eleanor’s. I collect childrens’ books, and adore this series, so when my wife and I got a 7-week-old Pug dog last month, we couldn’t reisit naming her Olivia… it was just too perfect. We’re trying to conceive (both females, takes a bit longer haha) right now, so maybe this time next year I’ll be making a kiddie-costume instead of a canine one… *giggling*