22 July 7, 2008

Style: July ’08

It’s getting hot out. In the summer, I like throw on a dress, barely-there sandals, and interesting earrings. And I always carry a pair of sunglasses in my purse.

Style: July '08

All Things Lovely
    July 7, 2008 at 6:23 pm

Gosh I love that dress! I wonder if Anthropologie would consider opening up in Australia? They seem to have all the good stuff! I love looking at summer clothes, it’s cold here. Love the sunnies as well, such a cute little ensemble.

Beth
    July 7, 2008 at 7:19 pm

Would I be the lamest person on your blog if I noted that your apostrophe was going the wrong direction on ’08? :) Probably. But I do love your summer options!

Jen Rotert
    July 7, 2008 at 7:54 pm

I just got these shoes in silver this weekend from Zappos. I needed them for a dress I am wearing to a wedding but I thought they would be cute all summer long and don’t you just love a good orange bag!

Great edition of “Style”.
    J.

Danielle Melnyczenko
    July 7, 2008 at 8:09 pm

I LOVE it when you do these. We share a similar style and it’s great to get the scoop on what American stores have to offer. Keep it up :)

Jules
    July 7, 2008 at 9:34 pm

Love it! :)

southern hostess
    July 7, 2008 at 11:33 pm

Love it all, especially that dress!

Had
    July 8, 2008 at 12:17 am

Really cute finds! I love Anthropologie’s clothes and they always have awesome window dressings.

Also, I came across this site and thought of your earlier font discussion and apparent appreciation of fonts. Perhaps you’ve seen it already? Just thought you might enjoy. =)

Yesi Yesi
    July 8, 2008 at 1:17 am

oh, I love Anthropologie! That’s such a colorful and beautiful dress!

Elissa
    July 8, 2008 at 1:42 am

Oh I love love LOVE that purse! AND! It’s on SALE!
    I think I have to buy it. But I’m not too sure about the “synthetic leather.” How is it? (I’m assuming you have that bag) It looks like it would be prone to stickiness in the summertime, but perhaps I’m wrong? Perhaps it’s absolutely amazing?

Barb
    July 8, 2008 at 9:30 am

are the shoes comfy? i’ve been afraid to try something so utterly flat! love it all!

Lucy
    July 8, 2008 at 10:18 am

ooooh…b-e-a-utiful. love love love that bag!

Mom Quixote
    July 8, 2008 at 11:32 am

That satchel ROCKS.

Tracey
    July 8, 2008 at 11:36 am

Love the sunglasses- very Hollywood!

katelynjane
    July 8, 2008 at 2:42 pm

I love it! “Barely there sandles” are the best! Barefoot would be even better in hot weather, but that’s what the backyard is for (:

kristy
    July 8, 2008 at 4:12 pm

gorgeous collection! i love the colors.

LaurileeMichelle
    July 9, 2008 at 1:05 am

Loves it all. The fashion spreads are my favorite. Such great combinations.

Pencils
    July 9, 2008 at 4:48 am

Love the outfit! Wish I could dress that way. But I’m 29 weeks pregnant and I can’t stand how swollen my legs are so I’m not wearing dresses right now. I miss my summer dresses, all my cute flippy little summer skirts that I used to wear with tight little T-shirts…. :( OMG, those shoes come in turquoise metallic! Although not in my size, I wear an 11 even when not pregnant. Ooh, they’re in red and a gorgeous bronze, too. People, go buy the shoes and enjoy them since I can’t. I bought a great pair of flat silver strappy thongs like those earlier this year and I can’t get them on my swollen feet.

Tatyana
    July 9, 2008 at 10:33 am

OK, I’m going to be cheesy and do this:
    Dress – $248
    Sandals – $83
    Earrings – $110
    Sunglasses – $28
    Bag – $55.99
    (TOTAL: $524.99!!!)
    Seeing it all together for free at makingitlovly – Priceless

Annie
    July 9, 2008 at 4:55 pm

Oh My! I have been reading your blog for months and just realized you’ve joined the Glam Network. I work at Glam in California! So excited you are part of our team. Welcome!!

Sweetest Petula
    July 9, 2008 at 5:43 pm

ummmm…why is your blog the CUTEST EVER? I’m jealous and think I probably hate you.

Jackie
    July 9, 2008 at 10:13 pm

Oh I love that dress. If only it were $48 instead of $248 ;)

Making it Lovely
    July 10, 2008 at 3:43 pm

I’m always so happy when you all like these style posts. They’re fun!

I can’t attest to the quality or comfort of the bag or shoes because I don’t own them, but I’m sure they’re fine! I do have some very flat, simple sandals that I’ve had for years, and I think they’re great shoes to have. I wear mine all the time.

These posts are kind of like window shopping for me. Sometimes I do own some of the things I feature, but I would never be able to afford everything my little heart desires. Putting together ‘outfits’ like this is the next best thing. ;)