Thank You Hater!

• My favorite type of music juxtaposes buoyant, happy music against lyrics that will either make you laugh or blush (see: Belle & Sebastian). Add in a little life relevancy, and a cute retro style to the video, and you’ve got the recipe for my new favorite song. (NSFW!)

My Writing Elsewhere…

My Writing Elsewhere…

Happily Ever After

Holy cow, you guys. I wrote a LOT of stuff around the web this week. Here’s more.

14 Responses to “Honor Roll”

1. Megan F June 29, 2012 at 4:01 pm #

Shoot- looks like the music link and the “sentimental jewelry” link are broken. :-( Always curious to see what you include here so if you have the chance, please update! Thank you and Happy (nearly) Fourth!

• Making it Lovely June 29, 2012 at 11:24 pm #

Sorry about that. Everything should be working now! And thanks.

2. kimberly June 29, 2012 at 8:32 pm #

The people who invented the “hair rat” could have thought up a more lady-like name for it ;) I use a sock to get a nice puffy topknot–one of my husband’s dress socks, actually…I just chopped of the toe, rolled it into a donut shape and it works like magic! (And, since it was a dress sock, he’s never even missed it!)

3. Catherine June 29, 2012 at 9:12 pm #

Ditto, Megan F! Can’t wait to see that jewelry and hear the song. :)

4. Megan June 29, 2012 at 9:31 pm #

Whenever I listen to The Bird and the Bee, I always think their music embodies your style :)

5. Kira June 29, 2012 at 10:22 pm #

I have something like that “hair rat” but it’s already rolled up, like a donut. Works better than a sock, that’s for sure!

6. emily (justem) June 29, 2012 at 11:03 pm #

Ah yes! please post the music link!! :)

7. Catherine June 30, 2012 at 9:59 am #

Thanks, Nicole! That song fits perfectly with BYW this week. :)

8. Lucy June 30, 2012 at 1:17 pm #

Have just bought my son a very fetching candy floss striped bow tie for his part in the royal procession in Alice In Wonderland at school. I thought someone in a procession would look dapper, so he has that, a waistcoat with a flower on in and a top hat (along with a shirt and trousers in case you were wondering!)

9. Dajana July 4, 2012 at 11:52 pm #

I really fancy the “I have no regrets” print. I wonder if I can get one that says “joie de vivre’er.” (: