36 October 31, 2008

Style: November ’08 (Special Event, Maternity Edition)

Brandon’s cousin Chris is getting married this month and we’ll be traveling out to Iowa to attend the wedding. If I could still wear dresses with a defined waist, I probably would have gone with this silver dress, but I’m definitely in need of a maternity style now. Finding an inexpensive but cute dress to wear was easier than I thought it would be, so I built a whole outfit around it.

I already have the sequin clutch but if you’re looking for one, similar styles usually pop up on eBay. I’m going to wear simple sparkly earrings to add some more shine to my outfit. It IS a special event after all – I should have just a little bling, right?

I love Isaac Mizrahi’s Patent Oxfords, and they’ll look great with black thigh high stockings. And because no outfit of mine is complete without some kooky accessory that Brandon will think is silly, I think the Fall Corsage with Migrating Blue Bird will look smashing attached to a hair clip or headband. :)

JBS
    October 31, 2008 at 12:28 pm

I’m on the maternity circuit these days too, and recently purchased those same shoes from Target. I figured they could be the *one* trendy item in my wardrobe for the season. But consider yourself warned — I wore them for a special event on Tuesday, and was in tears at the end of the night. My feet still hurt on Weds morning.

Pregnancy ain’t no place for uncomfy clompers, I’ll tell you what. Hope you fare better. :)

Making it Lovely
    October 31, 2008 at 12:41 pm

Yeah, I’m hoping I hold up in them. ;)

michelle
    October 31, 2008 at 12:43 pm

that is one sexy and sassy maternity outfit. I love that dress, you’ll look great!

autumn
    October 31, 2008 at 12:44 pm

very cute outfit, love you preggo style!! and just your style in general!! and i also was eyeing those shoes. im sure you will loke gorgeous in what ever you buy!

Anna
    October 31, 2008 at 12:46 pm

I love those shoes. As for the bird, I’m thinking wrist corsage…

Cindy
    October 31, 2008 at 12:50 pm

Very cute maternity dress find!! Do they have it in regular ladies stuff… hmmm..

Sarah
    October 31, 2008 at 1:00 pm

Yay for kooky accessories! I usually get that same reaction from my husband. I’m glad I’m not alone.
    That is a beautiful look.

Erin
    October 31, 2008 at 1:11 pm

This is so cute! I had no idea that old navy such nice maternity wear. The silver clutch is very pretty as well.

Esther
    October 31, 2008 at 1:28 pm

I just thought I’d comment on your page as my sister recommended your Blog! I love that you incorporate your life – I’m still so amazed with your creativity. I’m inspired! :)

Kyle
    October 31, 2008 at 1:41 pm

I like those earrings.

wanderluster
    October 31, 2008 at 1:49 pm

I was just on the lookout for a pretty maternity dress myself. Thanks for sharing your find!

tella
    October 31, 2008 at 1:51 pm

Oh my goodness, so cute! I love the dress and the purse.

Your Mother
    October 31, 2008 at 2:57 pm

I love the dress – the whole ensemble – so very cute!

Lou
    October 31, 2008 at 4:54 pm

You’ll look gorgeous and that is a beautiful maternity dress. I hope everything goes well with the wedding too.

Susan
    October 31, 2008 at 5:23 pm

OH, I love it!! So cute! The colors are great. I hope you’ll post a pic of you wearing it.

Jen Rotert
    October 31, 2008 at 6:50 pm

this is so adorable! I think that dress is perfect.

Miss B.
    October 31, 2008 at 7:02 pm

You’re gonna look GORGEOUS!!!

alivicwil
    October 31, 2008 at 7:05 pm

That dress is gorgeous!

jennifer w.
    October 31, 2008 at 7:40 pm

Wow – you go girl! I am 8 and a half months along, and the thought of wearing thigh highs and heeled shoes right now sounds like pure torture! Have fun!

elizabeth
    November 1, 2008 at 12:21 pm

I have to find someplace to wear that silvery dress to now! Target is getting to be such a nice place to pick up cute clothes. And that maternity dress is awesome. I love how you pull together all sorts of things to make such a great ensemble! It gives me inspiration.

Ana
    November 1, 2008 at 1:10 pm

Wow…super cute. I would totally wear that (and I’m not pregnant)…I especially love the shine and the color palate. You are going to look fab!

lili
    November 1, 2008 at 3:23 pm

I almost want to order a size down than I normally wear just to see how it looks on me (not preggers). You’ll have to let me know how it fits you nicole!

Desiree Fawn
    November 2, 2008 at 1:04 pm

I have just found your site & think it’s just lovely.
    I’m also having a baby (in January!) & I can’t wait to read more.

Lisa
    November 3, 2008 at 2:30 pm

Hey there,

Cute stuff. Quick question, I’m in the middle of dressing up my blog page. Where should I start? I don’t have a lot of html experience.

take care,
    Lisa

Miss B.
    November 3, 2008 at 4:47 pm

I’m getting lonely in cyber space, you must start blogging again soon, I LOVE your posts!

cassandra
    November 3, 2008 at 5:29 pm

SO fun and glam at the same time! Great little ensemble missy! That sequin clutch is killer.

Jen
    November 3, 2008 at 6:04 pm

That dress is cute! Makes me wish I was pregnant so I could wear it!

Mim
    November 3, 2008 at 9:45 pm

You will look so great in that outfit! Make sure to post a pic or two…please!!!!

I LOVE those shoes. I’ll just have to get a pair myself :)

Marybeth
    November 4, 2008 at 9:50 am

I LOVE that maternity dress–it’s absolutely gorgeous! I’ll be keeping an eye on it, waiting for the price to drop!

Sarah M
    November 4, 2008 at 11:11 am

Are you loving the Old Navy maternity section? I bought a printed dress from ON that I wore throughout my pregnancy and afterwards. It was a much better fit, held up longer and flattered much more than the expensive maternity dresses (Isabella Oliver/Blooming Marvellous) I bought thinking they’d be better value. Wrong!

I’m loving the headpiece. I recently wore a fascinator to an American wedding and got lots of sidelong glances (I live in England, the land of wedding hats)– help support my campaign to bring wedding headwear back in fashion in the US!!!

Also, I have to thank you for steering me towards the Target dress section– what a find!

Shannon
    November 4, 2008 at 11:34 am

Cute dresses! Thanks for pointing them out. Also, love the clutch and earrings.

Jackie
    November 6, 2008 at 9:12 am

That dress is adorable! I’m not pregnant but I want it anyway!

I love your site, I hope you don’t mind I tagged you-

Lulu Mae
    November 7, 2008 at 11:15 am

So adorable! i love the dress and shoes!!! i even think i blue feather with black accents would Rock on you! xoxoxox

Susan
    November 7, 2008 at 5:54 pm

This is really strange. I too am pregnant and had a very similar post a few months ago about what dress I should wear to a wedding. The dress I wanted was the exact Issac Mizrahi dress from Target. Wierd.

I wound up getting a very inexpensive little black dress that served me well through 3 weddings in 2 months.

teresa
    November 13, 2008 at 4:53 pm

How did I miss this awesome news – congrats on the baby! We’re almost at the very same stage…I’m due April 1. Isn’t the second trimester SO much better than the first?

Love the entire look you’ve put together!

Making it Lovely | Transforming the so-so. » Blog Archive » Iowa Wedding Weekend
    April 19, 2010 at 5:37 pm

[…] first look is a variation on my October Style Post, and the last look is my November Maternity Style Post. Pregnancy, Style | Related […]