The Bedroom, Dressed in White

One nice thing about sleeping my days away lately (pregnancy makes you tired)… when I wake up the room is so light and bright.

Our Bedroom

With a house full of pattern and color, it’s refreshing to have a calm oasis in the bedroom. We already had white curtains that weren’t being used anywhere, and I bought all of the white bedding (a duvet set, sheet set, and two extra pillowcases) at IKEA for less than $75. The duvet cover isn’t as textured as the pin-tuck set I had wanted, but it was a much more affordable option.

Our Bedroom

I bought the west elm rug a while back when it was on sale, and I’m so glad I did. It’s so soft and perfect.

Our Bedroom

I’m sure I’ll end up mixing pattern and color in again eventually, but right now I’m loving my bedroom all dressed in white.

68 Responses to “The Bedroom, Dressed in White”

1. mrs boo radley March 28, 2009 at 6:06 pm #

Um…gorgeous!

2. Heather March 29, 2009 at 8:29 pm #

Another reason to use lights/whites – I take a lot of pictures of the baby on our bed, and I like it that the background in those photos is so clean. Makes it easier for me to get daily snapshots.

3. Clair March 30, 2009 at 3:05 pm #

this is beautiful! such an inspiration. i’m so glad that i found this website. I’m moving into my first place in September and I really wanted something bright, since there are hardly any windows in my bedroom.!! thank you!

4. Trina April 1, 2009 at 9:39 pm #

Great room! I am IN LOVE with your bed but not too sure if they will ship to Canada. My hunt continues.

Would you be able to let me know where you got your blinds? I’m looking for something that will diffuse the light without being a total block-out.

5. Heather in Washington State, USA April 2, 2009 at 1:45 am #

Ah, white linens. You’ll be trading those in real quick after the baby comes! There’s nothing quite like afterbirth stains, baby poop stains (diapers do leak!), spit up stains, and milk stains. Sure, bleach is good, but patterns are better! Keep the white curtains and uncluttered walls, though. You could even keep the white duvet, but you may desire patterned sheets. Happy shopping!

6. Cristina April 2, 2009 at 1:06 pm #

Hey Nicole, I have two questions for ya!

1. Does your bed have a box spring in addition to the mattress?

2. Awhile back you posted about how you were removing the popcorn ceiling and you had it sent in to check for asbestos. Who/where did you send in? I’m moving into a house in May that has the popcorn ceiling, which we plan to remove, and I’d like to know who to have check before we begin that process. :)

7. Amanda April 6, 2009 at 4:49 pm #

Is your new IKEA bedding available to see on their website? If so, can you let me (us) know what it’s called? I am interested in some “textured” bedding and would like to see more detail of yours to tell if it’s got some texture to it. I just almost ordered the pintuck bedding off West Elm, then I remembered this post that you bought some cheaper. Funny to now see that your “wish” for the bedding initially WAS the pintuck! Curious about your alternative from IKEA…

8. Making it Lovely April 8, 2009 at 12:05 am #

Trina, the roman shades were from Target.

Cristina, no the bed frame has metal slats in it for support and the mattress rests right on top of those. And to answer your other question, we sent our popcorn ceiling sample to Western Analytical Lab.

Amanda, I couldn’t figure out if it was on the IKEA site or not… it’s so hard to tell the difference between all of their white bedding! The detail / enlarged shots they have aren’t quite detailed enough to find a match.

9. Alice May 5, 2009 at 3:30 pm #

Making It Lovely,

I love the white bedroom and I’m looking for new bedside tables…where are yours from?

10. Ali June 3, 2009 at 4:56 pm #

Love your new peaceful white room! Where did you buy the white drapes? Are they cotton? I’ve been trying to find plain white drapes for my daughter’s room…but, no luck so far! Help me please! I’d be forever thankful for a tip on where to buy white curtains!

Thanks! ~ Ali

11. Making it Lovely June 4, 2009 at 10:30 am #

The white drapes were from Crate & Barrel, and the nightstands were from west elm.

12. Amy September 27, 2009 at 2:07 pm #

Great Bedroom! I love the Room and Board Hoffman bed – What color is the fabric?

13. Serhat October 3, 2009 at 5:19 pm #

Hi Nicole
    You are great designer.I want say so much sentences about your designs but my english is not good.:)
    You are great designer and photographer too
    I know over 15 interior design/decoration blog’s name and Your blog is most quality blog.Your blog like a ELLE Decor magazine
    Congrulations
    Regards
    Serhat (from Turkey)

14. Amanda November 8, 2009 at 1:56 pm #

I’m back at the white bedding again… putting it on my Christmas list for Mom. Were you ever able to figure out/remember the name of it?

15. Nice Taste November 16, 2009 at 11:27 pm #

I’m new to your website, and really like your taste. Funny, there are several items in your home, that is in my home. (what I’ve noticed so far: Anthro chair, PB master bed lamps, our master is chocolate and white).

1. Hand knit rugs are amazing! « Amazing and Not Amazing - May 6, 2009

[...] originally found out about the knit rug on the decor blog, Making it Lovely, where she used one from West Elm for her bedroom floor. Isn’t it lovely? It looks like a [...]

2. Making it Lovely | Transforming the so-so. » Blog Archive » MiY 3b: Bedroom - September 24, 2009

[...] apartment. There is still a touch of pink in the sheets, but just barely. The Hoffman Bed is the same bed that we have (I love it), but in green. And I just had to put that Maskros Pendant in the room. If I can’t [...]

3. Making it Lovely | Transforming the so-so. » Blog Archive » Choosing New Bedding - May 11, 2010

[...] What do you think? Will the gray sheets look funny with my brown bed? [...]