Needs Assembly

Needs Assembly

The great CD/DVD Organization of 2009 has begun. I have built the frames for two of these so far, but we may go with three.

Needs Assembly

This project made possible by you!

14 Responses to “Needs Assembly”

1. lori October 8, 2009 at 11:43 am #

these are the same drawers that i store my final inventory in for marzipan! they’re great! we have several.

2. Marcy Tate October 8, 2009 at 11:56 am #

Good luck, looking forward to seeing the final finish!

3. robin October 8, 2009 at 12:01 pm #

oh goodness.. we just throw away all the cases and place the discs in lovely photo albums for the shelf. NO assembly required :O) your piece reminds me of assembling the little red filing cabinet from ikea… that was not much fun!

4. Audrie October 8, 2009 at 12:06 pm #

Yeah we underestimated just how much shelving we needed for our CDs hehe We went with 3 shelves and now we need another!

5. Natalie October 8, 2009 at 12:25 pm #

Oooh can’t wait to see the finished product! I always enjoy putting things like this together myself – feels like such an accomplishment when it’s all done and I can admire my handiwork :)

6. Danielle October 8, 2009 at 12:52 pm #

Hooray! It came in!!

7. Simone October 8, 2009 at 4:35 pm #

Oh my… for a second I thought you were using that rug of yours as the back for those frames, and MAN, that would’ve been cool. Of course, these frames will still look great!

8. Nuit October 9, 2009 at 12:07 pm #

NIIICE! looking forward to seeing the final product!

9. Crystal @ Plush Palate October 9, 2009 at 8:43 pm #

Can’t wait to see them all done and in place! Happy building!

xo,
    Crystal

10. Josh (in Wonderland) October 11, 2009 at 3:28 pm #

Holy crap! You must have a lot of cd’s to fill two (or three) of those! A nice choice to hide them in though. Those dressers beautiful.

11. Susan the shoppe owner October 19, 2009 at 1:58 pm #

Whenever I spot that rug of yours, I’m thrown for a loop! It’s tricky – ha ha ha.

12. Erica February 2, 2010 at 11:37 am #

Nicole, I am wondering how these are working out for you? I am in the process of a major office reorganization which includes my husbands DVD and CD collection. Taking them out of the case isn’t an option for us, and these drawers are something I have been considering.

Thanks for the update!

1. Making it Lovely | Transforming the so-so. » Blog Archive » My Office No Longer Looks Like This - December 30, 2009

[...] have CD towers on each side of the cubes, but we were able to get rid of those now that we’re consolidating all of our media storage into Brandon’s office. Getting rid of those towers allowed me to rearrange the room, and [...]

2. Hey, Billy | Making it Lovely - January 15, 2014

[…] the last house, we had three 6-drawer Hopen dressers lined up in Brandon’s office. We bolted them together to keep them aligned, then built them into the room by removing a portion […]