78 June 17, 2010

Spouting Off

Eleanor loves taking baths in our big blue tub, but we worry when her head gets too close to the spout. We needed a cover, and we figured we may as well try to find one that looked good. After all, there isn’t anything we can do about that surrounding tile and bad grout job (short of a full reno), but at least we can have something cute to distract us from it.

Whale Bathtub Spout

The Moby bath spout cover matches our tub perfectly, and it’s pretty darn adorable. Oh, but I should say it’s not the only cute thing in there to distract us… Especially when Eleanor makes her little scrunchy face.

Eleanor in the Bath

Kelly Sue
    June 18, 2010 at 9:27 am

We have the same spout cover and while it’s cute, it won’t stay put for us. Tighten it as much as you like, it constantly falls off. (And when it doesn’t *fall* off, our son–who’s a good bit older than your daughter, granted–pulls it off to play with his other bathtoys.)

I’ve been very disappointed with it.

The Boon Flo (which we have in our other bathroom) isn’t nearly as cute, but it stays in place.

ann
    June 18, 2010 at 9:28 am

we have elmo for my nephew moses :)

Kelly Sue
    June 18, 2010 at 9:30 am

Ahh–I just noticed you have the pull plug on top! I bet that keeps the whale in place. Our tub is a tub only–no shower, no pull plug.

Julia @ Hooked on Houses
    June 18, 2010 at 10:11 am

What a clever idea. Too cute!! :)

Nuit
    June 18, 2010 at 10:35 am

What a cutie!!!!

Friday Links – Merrick Angle Prints, HumanWear Tees and More!
    June 18, 2010 at 10:44 am

[…] the clothing menu Bits of the Summit @ Modish  Homegrown Bouquets for Giving @ Get Crafty, Austin! Spouting Off @ Making it Lovely stave luminary @ Design*Sponge handmade feature & giveaway | nestahome @ […]

Liz
    June 18, 2010 at 12:29 pm

The whale is so cute! So want one now though don’t have any kiddos.

Eleanor is beautiful! She’s so expressive!

Laura_theSCOOP
    June 18, 2010 at 2:09 pm

What a GREAT face!!! (The whale is cute too!)

Ashleigh
    June 18, 2010 at 2:26 pm

I LOVE your blue tub!! And the picture of Eleanor is absolutely adorable :)

My sister has a frog like the whale for my nephew, such a good idea!

Kim
    June 18, 2010 at 2:38 pm

Her little face is sooo adorable!!!!

Mary Jo
    June 18, 2010 at 3:40 pm

such a cutie!!! we have the same one…doesn’t cordinate quiet as well though in our 1940’s orange tub!

mary
    June 19, 2010 at 7:26 pm

Absurdly cute photo. Love the whale. Love your blog. Thank you.

Heather
    June 20, 2010 at 1:05 am

Darling!

One thing I did when my girls were E’s size was to put the IKEA babybath, which is quite generous and deep, into the tub. Then she was more centered in the bath, and I was able to use less water, filling only the babybath.

Marissa
    June 20, 2010 at 9:00 pm

My bathtub is the same color! Glad to know I’m not alone. :) also, what a cutie!

Clearly Composed
    June 20, 2010 at 9:21 pm

that look is priceless!

Dar
    June 20, 2010 at 10:48 pm

I am in love with your Blog.
    & you a little bit I think. You are just fabulous! Where the hell do you find the time to fabulise evrything in your life so much?!
    Eleanor is as cute as a wee pixie!

Tara
    June 21, 2010 at 7:47 am

Moby on that bath faucet is TOOOO cute! Love your Bog!. Thanks for sharing {cheers}

Anja
    June 21, 2010 at 8:49 am

i just read that you´re without power since two days?
    pooh. hope they´re able to fix it soon.

Jen
    June 21, 2010 at 11:08 am

Extreme cuteness aside…

I have seen several how-to articles on reglazing bathroom tile. I think your blue tub would look lovely with some fresh white tile to go with it. Might be worth looking into.

Kristen
    June 21, 2010 at 12:44 pm

SO cute! (both images!!) I love scrunchy faces on babies :)

Miss B
    June 21, 2010 at 2:13 pm

Agreed, both are the spout and the scrunch face are too cute:)

Jane
    June 21, 2010 at 2:45 pm

Haha! I love that picture. Frig she’s cute:)

Rudy
    June 23, 2010 at 12:51 pm

Oh how adorable. I got a little Octopus where the water comes out of the four tentacles (the other four are all curled up.) The only problem with mine is that there was no hole in the top for the shower knob. A little surgery with a knife fixed it. The adorable Octopus is from Crayola, and they had little water color fizzers with it. Too cute.

Jenny
    June 23, 2010 at 2:08 pm

Quick and easy fix for your tub & tile issues. We used it at our old house, it woked wonderfully. Much cheaper than ripping it out. Good luck!

Amber
    June 24, 2010 at 10:50 am

That is the cutest little face I’ve ever seen! If I had a baby and she made that face that pic would be on display in my living room until she’s 30 lol

Sierra S
    June 24, 2010 at 12:55 pm

That is the cutest picture of her ever!

mel
    December 22, 2010 at 2:19 am

just stumbled over your blog and had to scroll through all the sites. love your house and work. amazing!
    i know, this entry is “old”. but i instantly thought about it wenn i saw that Sing and Spout Bath Mat over at modcloth:

Whales for the Bathroom | Making it Lovely
    January 26, 2012 at 12:27 am

[…] (I included a pink one in the Filing Cabinet section last week.)Moby Bath Spout Cover (You can see ours in action here.)Sing and Spout Bath Mat (We have this in our bathroom now too, and it’s a perfect match to […]

• 1 2