35 February 2, 2011

The 4-6 Weeks Project (Week Three)

I’m taking a photograph of Eleanor each day until the new baby arrives, to document our last 4-6 weeks as a family of three.

{ IntroductionWeek OneWeek TwoWeek ThreeWeek FourThe EndView All }

You love to take your stuffed animals on adventures through the house. You talk to them and have conversations that nobody else can understand, but you’re very animated while doing so. It’s really cute.

You went to the store with mama to look for a birthday present for Aunt Ashley, but you came home with a new friend. You hugged your lion and gave him little kisses on the nose, then showed him off and made him roar. He instantly became your new sleeping buddy too.

These pink poufs are supposed to be seating for your new play table, but we don’t have anywhere to set it up yet. That doesn’t matter much to you though. You’re perfectly happy that they’re in the living room where you can climb around on them and try to balance, or just moosh your face into them.

Today you are twenty one months old. Every month on the 29th, mama takes your picture in the same outfit and in the same chair. It’s fun to see how you’ve grown, and how your personality has developed. It definitely shows in the photos!

We had a party for Aunt Ashley’s 24th birthday and everyone gathered at our house. December, January, and February are busy months for our family with many birthdays to celebrate, and soon your little brother will add one more.

You’ve been getting good at making funny faces! You puff out your cheeks, or you scrunch up your lips, or sometimes you make a fishy face. You’re a bit of a goofball, just like daddy.

Staring out the window and making spit bubbles makes you happy. Ah, to enjoy the simple things in life! The snow had just started falling as you watched, and it soon went from light and fluffy to blizzard conditions.

Redlilocks {Swoon Worthy}
    February 2, 2011 at 7:55 am

Bearing in mind I have no children and I’m not the least bit maternal, I do really love this project and Eleanor is so expressive. Your photography skills are really improving as well, you’ve got some fabulous shots here especially 31st Jan one!

Heather
    February 2, 2011 at 8:04 am

VERY sweet photos. i LOVE the photo of her making the funny face! gorgeous!

Amanda
    February 2, 2011 at 8:31 am

I’m in the same boat as Redilocks – no kids here – but I, too, am loving this project. Eleanor is a riot. Years from now, I know she’ll cherish this book, and her first 24 mo. pictures, too!

kim
    February 2, 2011 at 8:31 am

January 26 is my favorite so far (although it’s hard to pick!). Reminds me of something I would have done as a child. This is such a great project! :)

Tonia
    February 2, 2011 at 8:32 am

It’s amazing how she’s grown and really come into her own.

Michelle
    February 2, 2011 at 8:40 am

She is beautiful!
    She’s changing my view of the name Eleanor from old lady to cute little lady!

kirsten
    February 2, 2011 at 8:44 am

we’re planning to start a family this year, and i love this idea of documenting with the date and a few thoughts… and i adore the clean lines you’ve used…would you be willing to share how you’re formatting these photos? or a template to download, if you have one??

M
    February 2, 2011 at 8:57 am

You are such a rockin momma! Love the documenting idea….genius!

Sealicious
    February 2, 2011 at 9:25 am

These are so precious and sweet!

Funnelcloud Rachel
    February 2, 2011 at 10:56 am

The funny face picture is fantastic (they all are)! You’re really doing well with improving your photography skills, too!

shalini
    February 2, 2011 at 10:57 am

I’ve really been enjoying this project. It’s such a great way to document the little things that get forgotten so easily. My little girl is 9 months old and you’ve inspired me to jot down little things about our daily life. I’ll be writing it down in a journal though.

Alanna
    February 2, 2011 at 11:07 am

Love this project! Eleanor is sooo cute! Hope you guys are safe and warm in this “Snowmageddon”:)

justine @ you're so martha
    February 2, 2011 at 11:15 am

oh my goodness the Jan 31 photo is so amazingly cute!!

jbhat
    February 2, 2011 at 11:17 am

Those eyes!! Wow. She’s just adorable. The poufs are cute too. What fun for her!

jbhat

holly
    February 2, 2011 at 11:23 am

i really really love these posts. your daughter is beyond adorable!!!

Uchenna
    February 2, 2011 at 11:46 am

Absolutely adorable! Thanks for sharing your project and the photos of Eleonor, she is very lucky to have a mom like you!

Elizabeth
    February 2, 2011 at 12:04 pm

Wowzas! This project is really great! Thank you for sharing such a beautiful personal thing with us.

Andreina
    February 2, 2011 at 12:23 pm

I wish I had a daughter – and as cute as Eleanor is – to do just the same thing. I think it’s the most beautiful project ever.

Nuit
    February 2, 2011 at 1:34 pm

SO CUTE! =D I have really enjoyed this project, Eleanor is such a doll :)

elizabeth
    February 2, 2011 at 1:57 pm

This is such a cute idea. And your daughter is beautiful. Her facial expresions very much remind me of the “Olivia” books…she seems like she probably has just as much imagination as Olivia.

Erika
    February 2, 2011 at 2:30 pm

This project makes me teary every time I read through one of these posts- in a good way! I love this idea and I was inspired to start a journal for my little guy so I can jot down funny things he does each day.

So sweet and cute!
    Erika

Trianna
    February 2, 2011 at 5:58 pm

I love these pictures of Eleanor doing the things that she likes to do. Especially with the little comments you include…you are documenting your love. That is priceless. I love the parts about the lion and the spit bubble gazing at the snow happiness best. You are both adorable.

Emmmylizzzy
    February 2, 2011 at 6:34 pm

I love seeing these – such a wonderful project. It really captures the day to day life that we rarely record.

Sarah Jane
    February 2, 2011 at 7:26 pm

That “funny face” is so adorable! And what a great picture in general. Love the pink poufs too…gave me an idea for our playroom.

Amanda
    February 2, 2011 at 8:40 pm

Her having conversations with her animals would make a very good video. :)

Your daughter is precious Nicole. (& Brandon too!)

Athina
    February 2, 2011 at 8:41 pm

I love the photo of her on 31st Jan – so cute!!!

Vivian P
    February 2, 2011 at 10:13 pm

I love this idea! it’s so cute. and your photos are great. I hope to do something like this when I have children.

Dariela
    February 2, 2011 at 11:09 pm

Just wanted to stop by and say also that I love your idea! We are moving in a few months and my husband is already working away, he comes home during the weekend only. I thought it would be a good inspiration to maybe do something for him (photos with a card and special writing) every weekend until we move…. Hummm, I might do it, you are always inspiring me Nicole! Thanks for having such a lovely and wonderful blog and most of all for sharing it with all of us!

Lindzie
    February 2, 2011 at 11:55 pm

Awe…what a great idea. She is a cutie. I hope you enjoy your last days together. Thanks for the pictures!

luuvely
    February 3, 2011 at 3:09 pm

looove the spit bubble! :)

melinda KE
    February 3, 2011 at 6:41 pm

Love the photo of her with her new lion, and the funny face photo is cute!

Ashley Stenberg
    February 8, 2011 at 1:14 am

I absolutely love her and can’t wait for my little nephew to arrive! <3

The 4-6 Weeks Project (Week Four) | Making it Lovely
    February 23, 2011 at 11:13 am

[…] to document our last 4-6 weeks as a family of three. { Introduction • Week One • Week Two • Week Three • View All […]

The 4-6 Weeks Project (The End) | Making it Lovely
    February 23, 2011 at 11:15 am

[…] to document our last 4-6 weeks as a family of three. { Introduction • Week One • Week Two • Week Three • Week Four • View All […]

The 4-6 Weeks Project (Week Two) | Making it Lovely
    February 23, 2011 at 11:18 am

[…] Introduction • Week One • Week Two • Week Three • Week Four • The End • View All […]