Vintage Colorframes Blocks

They come in really beautiful colors. Ours are vintage, but they were reissued a few years ago and can still be purchased here.

17 Responses to “Vintage Colorframes Blocks”

1. SFDC March 4, 2011 at 11:35 am #

Love the blocks, and also that green cardigan! What are your favorite baby clothes sources?

• Making it Lovely March 4, 2011 at 11:42 am #

There are tons of shops that I’d love to buy from, but in reality I don’t like to spend too much on clothes that are so quickly outgrown. That cardigan was from Baby Gap and her shirt is from Old Navy.

2. janis - pinecone camp March 4, 2011 at 12:22 pm #

The colours are beautiful. I don’t have kids, but I’d still find a use for these!

3. Sanja March 4, 2011 at 1:13 pm #

Blocks aside, I love her serious approach :)

4. Andrea Howe March 4, 2011 at 3:14 pm #

those are beautiful! never seen those before…thanks for sharing

5. Niki March 4, 2011 at 5:46 pm #

Thank you for sharing! And just in time…I needed to figure out a cute baby shower gift and I think those could be a perfect addition!

6. Bonnie March 4, 2011 at 6:21 pm #

I “met” you via the Chicago Tribune when Eleanor was a newborn. I check in often but don’t comment. I do want to say that she has grown into an adorable child and August (my grandfather’s name) is precious!!

Best,
    Bonnie

7. Wendi March 5, 2011 at 5:18 am #

My boys love blocks in our house. Yours are so cute and the puzzle quality is great. Check out these robot blocks for when August is older. They are so much fun and make a unique gift, too!

8. Hana March 5, 2011 at 11:00 am #

So cool that you have vintage ones! I’m a teacher at a Reggio Emilia inspired school and we have done workshops with this company that makes beautiful wood blocks. Here is the same set, but with a little more information: http://www.learningmaterialswork.com/store/colorframes.html

9. anoldlady March 5, 2011 at 7:27 pm #

Love the retro colors ( and love the sweet little hand too :)), I remember the kids next door having these with little faces painted on them- about 55 years ago!

10. Ariel March 7, 2011 at 12:59 am #

Hi Nicole,

Saw this and thought of you!

Sincerely,

A reader

11. annie March 9, 2011 at 9:14 am #

The blocks are great….I love her pink shirt with that green sweater. Very nice!

12. Alison March 11, 2011 at 12:10 pm #

I adore these Nicole, thanks for the source!!

13. jenny April 3, 2011 at 9:12 pm #

Make sure you get older toys that are painted, checked for lead. They didn’t have the same standards of safety for children’s toys as they do now.

1. Wooden Building Blocks for Kids | Family Style - March 7, 2011

[…] wrote recently about my daughter’s love of her vintage Colorframes blocks (the first set pictured below). She loves to stack and line them up, and I love that they’re […]