57 March 12, 2009

Murray is Recovering

He had surgery* on Tuesday to correct his dislocated kneecap (luxating patella, grade 3).

Murray

He’s resting a lot, and he whimpers and makes moaning sounds every so often. He’s getting around well on three legs for now though, and we’re looking forward to seeing him get back to his normal self.

* I did take a photo in which you can see Murray’s incision. I didn’t want to post it here, but it may be helpful to see for anyone that needs to have this surgery for their dog.

HeidiS
    March 18, 2009 at 4:14 pm

So happy that Murray’s on the mend.

vicki
    March 19, 2009 at 12:37 pm

I think your before and after photos are BOTH beautiful! you sure have an eye for beauty. :)

Marsi
    March 21, 2009 at 4:42 pm

Aw, poor pup! Get well soon Murray!

Alexandra
    April 19, 2009 at 6:44 pm

What a lucky boy to have so much love and care coming to him. My dog has been recovering from something (different, horrible, won’t get into it) for the past 6 weeks and I just wanted to say that we’ve seen improvements in her health and demeanor each day and I’m sure you will too with Murray. Hang in there all of you!

brand-eye
    April 20, 2009 at 10:38 am

oh poor pup!! i hope he recovers well.
    our dog had that surgery when he was 1, and just had surgery on his other leg to fix a torn ACL. and now he has another luxating patella on the knee they just fixed the torn ACL! it’s not fun, we can’t decide what to do :-(

Making it Lovely | Transforming the so-so. » Blog Archive » Feeling Slightly Blue in the Dining Room
    August 20, 2009 at 10:25 am

[…] I like the bare wood floor, but our dog Murray would disagree. He has no traction and has already suffered the consequences of slipping badly (he’s fully recovered now). Oh, and he likes to eat his treats while […]

emily
    April 27, 2010 at 1:11 am

What kind of dog is Murray? He is great looking and I’m looking for a new puppy!

• 1 2