20 April 6, 2011

Eleanor’s New Rocking Chair

Now that the basement is finished (yay!), we were able to start moving the studio furniture down there, making room for Eleanor’s new bedroom.

I ordered the mid-century rocker chair shortly after I wrote about it. Here’s a pre-haircut Eleanor, helping assemble her new chair.

The cushions make excellent stepping stones.

The chair doesn’t rock that much, especially on a rug, but that’s fine. It is low, but no more so than our Eames rocker. Eleanor loves it, and Brandon and I find it comfortable too.

Kristina @ spabettie
    April 6, 2011 at 11:22 am

oh, I love this! I had a beloved childhood rocker, it was child size. I rocked in that thing until I was too big and eventually broke it :) then I got a bigger one.

I would love nothing more than to have a BIG covered front porch with a rocking chair… :)

Eleanor is precious!

Beth
    April 6, 2011 at 11:25 am

It looks lovely with the pink rug and bureau behind it! Can’t wait to see the basement with everything in it!

Amy Kelly
    April 6, 2011 at 11:37 am

It looks great! I love the green with the soft pink of the dresser and rug. The dresser you painted pink for Eleanor is one of my favorite things! I’m in love with the lines of the piece and it works so well with the subtle color. Do you know anything about the dresser (maker, a specific style name, etc.) that might help those of us who adore it find something in a similar style?

I can’t wait to see the rest of Eleanor’s new room!

Making it Lovely
      April 6, 2011 at 11:39 am

No, there are no marks anywhere that I can find. I really lucked out in finding it. I bought it not knowing where I would use it eventually, and I’m so glad I did!

Cait
    April 6, 2011 at 12:37 pm

The chair looks great! Can’t wait to see the rest :)

emily @ the happy home
    April 6, 2011 at 12:40 pm

that second photo? of her feet? making me want babies. so badly.

that’s a great rocker, by the way!

Martina
    April 6, 2011 at 1:03 pm

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this rocker! I’ve had my eye on it for years and I’m hoping it’ll be the perfect addition to our kids room for reading bedtime stories. (Unless I can find a real vintage MCM one…) How do you feel about the quality of the material? Does it seem like it’ll hold up in a kids room?

casey
    April 6, 2011 at 1:32 pm

she looks nice and cozy in it! i have been wanting that rocker for awhile. hopefully with our next child, i can get it for their room!

jbhat
    April 6, 2011 at 2:04 pm

What a tantalizing sneak peek at the space!

jbhat

Rebecca @ beautiful square feet
    April 6, 2011 at 2:33 pm

She’s such a sweet girl, and very stylish! Have you got much to do to your studio to get it ready for Eleanor, or is it just a case of moving in her things? Glad things are moving along for you all!

Artsy Fartsy
    April 6, 2011 at 2:46 pm

Love those sweet chubby baby feet!

david miller
    April 6, 2011 at 5:51 pm

I love this blog – my granddaughter is 6 months old this week and I have passed the link to my daughter so she can make a stylish nursery too.

Nuit
    April 6, 2011 at 7:05 pm

Beautiful! I love the chair and how much Eleanor likes it! it’s just too adorable. x

Joy
    April 6, 2011 at 10:13 pm

This convinces me that the Banana needs more skirts. Where is Eleanor’s from?

Your Mother
    April 6, 2011 at 11:12 pm

okay, forget the chair – look at her little legs and toes in the last picture. So sqishy cute :). (The chairs cute too – but I love how she’s sitting.)

lisa
    April 6, 2011 at 11:14 pm

We bought this chair last Christmas and L-O-V-E it! Hope it brings as much joy to your family as it has to ours. ♥

Ivy
    April 7, 2011 at 9:57 am

This is really sweet! Love the rocking chair!

lsaspacey
    April 7, 2011 at 10:40 am

Luckily, I have already inherited two similar chairs (not rockers) from my family home when my dad bought new modern furniture. They are teak and I only need to make new cushions for them when I have the space for them. Unfortunately, the matching sofa was eaten by termites when I had it in one of my college apartments years ago.

Cat
    April 7, 2011 at 10:53 am

I had the same problem with my ikea rocker not rocking how I wanted, and I put an office mat under it. It really worked. Not gorgeous, but effective.

Eleanor’s New Bedroom (It’s Almost Done!) | Making it Lovely
    May 11, 2011 at 12:03 pm

[…] rocking chair is off to the side, between the dresser and the […]