Eleanor’s New Bedroom (It’s Almost Done!)

I have a few more little peeks into Eleanor’s new bedroom for you today. The vintage dresser from her nursery that we painted pink is there. It needs something above it, I think. Oh, and pay no attention to the holes in the wall next to the hooks! I may have repositioned that one on the left a few times.

Eleanor’s rocking chair is off to the side, between the dresser and the closet.

And here is Eleanor’s bedside table, sans any styling. It’s always filled with books. I’m considering painting it one day, but white is fine for now.

Tomorrow, I’ll share the sources for everything, and soon I can share the finished room!

49 Responses to “Eleanor’s New Bedroom (It’s Almost Done!)”

1. Helena May 11, 2011 at 11:53 am #

I love the bunting above the closet door!

2. Andrea May 11, 2011 at 12:02 pm #

LOVE this!!! And those curtains!! Am eagerly anticipating tomorrow!

3. Katrina May 11, 2011 at 12:06 pm #

Everything already looks so darling!! love it :)

4. abeautifulparty May 11, 2011 at 12:10 pm #

what a grown-up room! Beautiful!

5. Courtney May 11, 2011 at 12:15 pm #

I love how this room has come together! Beautiful!

Where did you find those charming curtains? I love them!

6. Katie | GoodLife Eats May 11, 2011 at 12:15 pm #

So pretty! I love that dresser. I imagine a gorgeous, girly mirror above it.

7. Amara May 11, 2011 at 12:24 pm #

Looks great! Can’t wait for the final reveal. I love the sippy cup on the night stand!

8. meenal @maison marigold May 11, 2011 at 12:25 pm #

That dresser is gorgeous..the prettiest pink color..great job…have a lovely day..do visit my blog when you have a moment..It will be lovely if you would follow me too! xx meenal

9. Diana Smith May 11, 2011 at 12:28 pm #

gorgeous! I love what you have done. The soft pinks are perfect.

10. Mary Beth May 11, 2011 at 12:38 pm #

Really quite a gorgeous pink,it is still my favorite color after all these years!

Eleanor’s bedside table has just the type of styling that I love best – lots and lots of books.

11. amber May 11, 2011 at 12:43 pm #

I cannot wait to see the end result. I am still in love with that dresser after all this time. What a lucky girl! It looks beautiful!

12. Ele May 11, 2011 at 12:47 pm #

LOVE it! Looks so sweet for your baby girl!
    One question about the chair, is it large enough for an adult or more kid sized? It looks pretty low to the ground in the picture.
    Thanks!

13. liz @ bon temps beignet May 11, 2011 at 1:14 pm #

oh gosh, this looks so cute already. Does she totally love it?

14. Kari S. May 11, 2011 at 1:26 pm #

I am drooling over that dresser! Lovely shade of pink! Sadly.. I have boys. lol

15. Desiree Fawn May 11, 2011 at 1:38 pm #

Looking good!

16. homestilo May 11, 2011 at 1:42 pm #

Everything looks great- she must be thrilled with her “big girl” digs. (and I for one think the side table looks perfect as is)

17. Gwendolyn May 11, 2011 at 1:46 pm #

Very pretty!

18. Emily May 11, 2011 at 1:55 pm #

So sweet and that dresser is killer!!

19. Brittany May 11, 2011 at 2:07 pm #

It is adorable. That shade of Pink is perfect :)

20. Redlilocks {Swoon Worthy} May 11, 2011 at 2:15 pm #

WOW, it looks absolutely divine! That dresser is perfection, really pretty and the curtains are just wonderful. Can’t wait to see the whole thing!

21. katie @ dazed but enthused May 11, 2011 at 2:40 pm #

the curtains are gorgeous! can not wait for the complete reveal. seeing these glimpses has given me a real boost to makeover my little ones bedroom. thanks :)

22. kelly@imperfecthomemaking May 11, 2011 at 2:56 pm #

I Love it! Especially the curtain fabric. Gorgeous!

23. Jo May 11, 2011 at 3:17 pm #

How old is Eleanor the bedside table is such a climbing temptation for a young child. Look forward to the full reveal as to me nothing flows or matches.

24. Ban Clothing May 11, 2011 at 3:22 pm #

The dresser is beautiful!

25. Tanya from Dans le Townhouse May 11, 2011 at 3:36 pm #

Looks great so far – what a mature, but fun, space she can grow into.

26. Stephanie May 11, 2011 at 3:44 pm #

Yay for Where the Wild Things Are!! And her room is lovely as well. =D

27. Rebecca @ beautiful square feet May 11, 2011 at 4:11 pm #

I love this Nicole! It’s great that you’ve been able to reuse pieces like your curtains, bunting and the dresser! And, although it’s pink, it’s not too girly – this room will last her for years – brilliant!

28. Nicole RJ May 11, 2011 at 5:12 pm #

Oh, it’s looking so cute! Are those sequined animals on top of the dresser?!

29. Miss B. May 11, 2011 at 5:51 pm #

That pink dresser is so sweet and the perfect pink. Lucky girl to have such a stylish room (and Mommy)!

30. Alison May 11, 2011 at 6:26 pm #

I remember my toddler room VIVDLY — I loved it so! This is a great room that E will make wonderful memories in, she’s a lucky girl!

31. Kristyne May 11, 2011 at 6:57 pm #

I love pink. In fact, I’ve shown such restraint in NOT filling my house stem to stern with pink out of great consideration for my husband (who informed me he was allergic to the color AFTER we got married!) but I finally gave into my heart’s desire (after 14 years) and painted our living room coffee table almost the exact same shade of pink as this dresser. I color matched one of my daughter’s leather ballet slippers – it has just the right about of gray. Hubby doesn’t mind and I’m in love. Is it wrong to be in love with a pink coffee table? ;)

32. BringingPrettyBack May 11, 2011 at 7:44 pm #

What a great room! Amazing job!
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

33. Jessica May 11, 2011 at 8:39 pm #

What shade of pink did you use on the dresser…and did you spray paint? Any tips on painting a dresser? Love it!

34. kelsey May 11, 2011 at 9:18 pm #

the vintage dresser looks really amazing! great job. you always pick the best pink paints!

35. ArticulateArt May 11, 2011 at 10:44 pm #

That pink wardrobe is so cute!!! I love the Paul Frank cushion and the flower hooks too!!!

36. Lisa May 12, 2011 at 1:01 am #

I love that you all are reading “Where the Wild Things Are.” It’s my favorite children’s book. Amelia Bedlia is a close second. Eleanor is almost getting to the age where she’ll understand the irony, I think.

37. marichucky May 12, 2011 at 2:25 am #

I love the white bedside table, I don’t think it needs a change of color.
    Love the big dresser and the rocking chair. The curtains look very beautiful for a toddler room. Congratulations!

38. tinagleisner May 12, 2011 at 5:42 am #

I wouldn’t paint the side table. It’s shape is lovely and if you paint it, you might lose it as it blends into the background. White works perfectly with the pink.

39. Wendy May 12, 2011 at 7:59 am #

Nicole, I love the closet doors… did you all make those yourself/have them made or did they come with the house?

40. Autumn May 12, 2011 at 10:44 am #

What a sweet and lovely room–glad you kept the curtains, they are perfect! Lucky girl.

41. Laura R May 12, 2011 at 6:10 pm #

is that string of animals hanging from a hook from ten thousand villages?
    I love this room! I also love that you named your daughter Eleanor.

42. Mikkili May 13, 2011 at 12:47 pm #

The dresser is really beautiful. Thanks you for sharing.

43. Jen Ramos May 13, 2011 at 3:17 pm #

What a cute room right there! Love the Dresser and the whole pink combination.

44. nancy @ {COZAMIA} May 16, 2011 at 6:47 pm #

What an amazing job! I love that dresser, the shade of pink is so pretty!

45. found and sewn May 17, 2011 at 5:14 am #

I love this room, so many pretty things x

46. Ali May 23, 2011 at 3:46 pm #

What a beautiful room for your daughter! I can’t wait to see more pictures! I love every detail! :)

~ Ali

47. Ali May 23, 2011 at 3:47 pm #

Also meant to say….I love your daughter’s book collection! Such great books! You’ll have to do a post on your favorite children’s books! I’d love to get your thoughts on the best of the best in children’s books!

~ Ali

1. Valentines Day :: Candy Heart Dressers | katielady - February 10, 2014

[…] Dresser from Martha Stewart || Pink Dresser from Eleanor’s Bedroom at Making it Lovely {note: not MY eleanor but just another adorable little lady} || Turquoise Side Table || Green […]

2. Vintage Shabby Kids Rooms | Handmade ~ A Blog by Bradshaw Kirchofer - May 1, 2014

[…] over to Making It Lovely for a full peek into this charming little girls […]