13 October 28, 2011

Honor Roll

The inofficial Imperial Troop-Camp

Sometimes I come across something so cute/sweet/charming/funny/pretty/inspiring/lovely that I just want to share it with you.  These are the things that have made my  honor roll.

I also write for Babble’s Family Style blog. Here’s what I’ve been sharing there…

Site NYC is giving away a giant Porcelain Ram’s Head, a $265 value, to one of my readers. It’s huge, it’s awesome, and it could be yours!

Enter by Wednesday to win on Making it Lovely’s Facebook page.

October 28, 2011 at 1:47 pm

Had no idea I’d be reading up on unicycling today, but you’re right – totally applicable to everyday situations. Thanks for sharing!

Oh also! Darth Vader pic is hilarious.

October 28, 2011 at 3:04 pm

Thank you for sharing the stormtrooper photos, they’re so rad!

October 28, 2011 at 3:05 pm

Oh, I feel so honored to have made the honor roll! Thanks, Nicole!

P.S. I’m so excited about meeting you at Alt in January.

Molly @thewaffler
    October 28, 2011 at 3:48 pm

My son is going to flip when he sees the Stormtrooper pictures.

October 28, 2011 at 4:06 pm

That woman’s style is very cute. (Is she wearing glasses without lens?)

Making it Lovely
      October 28, 2011 at 4:09 pm

Hmm, I think you’re right! There are a few shots where you would most certainly see a glare, even if the lenses had a coating. How funny.

October 28, 2011 at 4:11 pm

i look forward to Honor roll every week!! :)

October 28, 2011 at 4:58 pm

I love her look too!

October 28, 2011 at 8:53 pm

hmmm, I’m having trouble entering the giveaway. all I get is a “sendin please wait”

October 30, 2011 at 4:58 am

At home (New Zealand), there was a guy who looked just like a regular cyclist with helmet, lycra etc. and took a similar route to work as I did… only he did it on a unicycle. Biggest double take of my life!

November 1, 2011 at 12:25 am

Love the unicycling tips! haha I had to laugh because I randomly started riding my unicycle after a 3 year hiatus just today, then came home and read this post! lol

Also, vintage luggage = awesome! I have two vintage plaid suitcases and I love them! I use them every time we travel. The only downside really is that they don’t roll… a bummer in airports.. but hey, people carried their luggage for how many years before those wheels?!

Katie K
    November 3, 2011 at 3:48 pm

I love vintage luggage too!! And it’s not impractical at all for storage!! I’m collecting some right now to stack up in my home and hold my craft and wrapping goodies. :D