Kathryn’s Bedroom in Adore Home Magazine

I helped a reader of Making it Lovely, Kathryn, with her bedroom not long ago. It was a fun project to work on, and the room is now featured in the new issue of Adore Home, an Australian online magazine!

The coverage of Kathryn’s bedroom starts on page 120.

Thanks, Adore Home.

36 Responses to “Kathryn’s Bedroom in Adore Home Magazine”

1. Rebecca @ beautiful square feet February 6, 2012 at 1:14 pm #

Congratulations Nicole – look out world, here you come!

2. Molly the Waffler February 6, 2012 at 1:21 pm #

Great news and a great room!

3. Melissa February 6, 2012 at 1:27 pm #

Right on! Fabulous work!!

4. kelly February 6, 2012 at 1:34 pm #

Congrats! Looks like a great feature.

5. Jill V / TerraSavvy February 6, 2012 at 1:39 pm #

Yea for you! Clapping…clapping…clapping!

6. Melissa February 6, 2012 at 1:43 pm #

How exciting – and it looks great!

7. Nicole February 6, 2012 at 1:48 pm #

How exciting – congrats!!

8. Staci @ My Friend Staci February 6, 2012 at 1:56 pm #

Congrats on the feature! The room turned out great and photographed well. I just noticed that I have the same grey pebble coverlet! ;)

9. Paige February 6, 2012 at 1:58 pm #

Oooh! I lovelovelove the chevron rug and the “The End” bookend thing.
    Great room!

10. Ashley @ sunnysideshlee.com February 6, 2012 at 2:06 pm #

Beautiful room! I’m loving the color palette.!

11. Marianne February 6, 2012 at 2:14 pm #

Gorgeous room! Congrats on the feature!!

12. Marci February 6, 2012 at 2:33 pm #

I love, love, love that color palete. And I love your new blog design. I’m not sure how I’ve missed it!

Marci

• Making it Lovely February 7, 2012 at 12:18 am #

It’s brand new, only having been up since the first. Thanks!

13. Robin @ Our Semi Organic Life February 6, 2012 at 2:42 pm #

Love the final product! That honeycomb vase is adorable!

14. jbhat February 6, 2012 at 3:27 pm #

What a nice feature! It really looks like your work, too. Just not in pink. You have a very recognizable aesthetic. I like it!

jbhat

• Making it Lovely February 7, 2012 at 12:20 am #

I’m glad! I always think that color is important, but not the defining element. Switch out the blue for pink (or yellow, or green, or whatever) and the room should still work just as well, or it wasn’t done well enough to begin with.

15. Jessica at Lavender and Lilies February 6, 2012 at 3:32 pm #

Love it! Love the new blog design as well!

16. Cassidy February 6, 2012 at 3:42 pm #

So pretty! The room reminded me of the “my-living-room-but-in-blue” mood board you did oh so long ago. I loved the colors then and now! In fact . . . my living room currently features barely-blue walls and a black and white stripe rug. :) Thanks!

17. Taylor February 6, 2012 at 5:06 pm #

Love your blog! Could you tell us which wardrobe you ended up using for this room? Is that the Ikea pax? Thanks!

18. jodi February 6, 2012 at 5:35 pm #

that is so great! congrats!!

19. Forever Favelle February 6, 2012 at 6:16 pm #

I love this! especially because I have the exact same fabric on my headboard. We bought it from Ikea and my husband covered the headboard and bed base in it and also made matching fabric panels for the windows and cushions.

• Making it Lovely February 7, 2012 at 12:26 am #

It’s such a great fabric, and so inexpensive. Kathryn already had it on the headboard, so we just added it to the other end of the bed to match.

20. Sara @ zaharadessert February 6, 2012 at 11:52 pm #

The room looks amazing in the magazine. Congratulations!
    It has given me so much inspiration http://zaharadessert.blogspot.com/2012/01/converting-our-attic-into-3rd.html

21. Brittany Lauren February 7, 2012 at 12:16 am #

Very Nice! I’ve been looking for some inspiration towards me and my husband’s bedroom to make it less girly and more neutral looking. That hive vase is too cute! Congrats on the article :)

22. Laura February 7, 2012 at 4:41 am #

your blog feels so corporate now. offputting for me!

• Making it Lovely February 7, 2012 at 10:53 am #

I’m sorry you feel that way. I think the partnership for Kathryn’s bedroom was a great one, and I’m proud of it! I couldn’t have given away a free room design to a reader without a budget provided.

23. stef February 7, 2012 at 1:51 pm #

I always sort of awkwardly glance at the fabric section at IKEA, but I’m too nervous to actually look at anything. I have no idea why.. That fabric is awesome! Can you just find any sales associate to cut it for you? I realize I sound dumb. I find the IKEA fabric thing to be very confusing. There’s never anyone nearby.

• Making it Lovely February 7, 2012 at 2:34 pm #

There’s almost never anyone around, but you can track down someone (any employee) to help you.

24. Sam February 8, 2012 at 4:10 am #

I might have to ‘steal’ this style myself actually! I’m from Australia but I have never heard of this magazine (shame on me I know ) so thank you for introducing it to me. Congratulations too!

25. Lisa @ A Room with A View February 10, 2012 at 5:05 pm #

Looks perfectly comfortable. Love the rug beneath the bed. Congratulations!

26. Eleanor July 3, 2013 at 12:43 am #

Hello,
    I know this is so old but I have searched high and low for a black and White Chevron rug like theirs.. Do you remember where they got it from? Every website has black and cream with a lot of shedding. Theirs look very high end

• Making it Lovely July 3, 2013 at 3:12 pm #

The rug was Kathryn’s already, but I think she got it from RugsUSA.com for something incredible like $300.

1. Do-Your-Own Decor | annie blog - February 8, 2012

[…] Making It Lovely shows a bedroom that she designed.  She and the homeowner had a very strict budget and I think […]