The Sequin Dress

There’s nothing like writing about feeling uncomfortable wearing a sequin dress to make you question wearing said type of dress to Alt Summit. This is so silly you guys, but I did it. And look! I was twinsies with Chelsea Costa, so clearly this was a lovely dress.

Lovely Sequin Dresses

And while I was worried about the size of my whatever in a few sequins, some people (ahem, Stefan Sagmeister) are comfortable putting out full-frontal photos of themselves to the world. And they give good kisses.

Sagmeister Kiss

38 Responses to “The Sequin Dress”

1. Sheryl January 26, 2013 at 6:52 pm #

You look great! I love the sequins and just read the sequin dress post (not sure how I missed that– I am a long time reader and once I even spotted you at Oak brook mall, but that’s besides the point). The point is congratulations on losing weight and you look great. Keep up the good work. I am proud of your accomplishments.

2. Patti January 26, 2013 at 6:56 pm #

priceless moments! I am sooo jealous of everyone who got kisses from Stephan, but loving that he was spreading the love : ) AND p.s. you were great in the Making Revenue panel : )

3. Kristi @ SIMPLEPRETTYTHINGS January 26, 2013 at 7:01 pm #

Hot momma! I love the dress. Can I borrow it? haha

4. Christine Gibson January 26, 2013 at 8:13 pm #

You’re so tiny!!!!!!!!!!!1

5. Tara January 26, 2013 at 8:17 pm #

you look great!

6. Roxanne January 26, 2013 at 9:13 pm #

I am a long time reader, and I loved your previous post about buying your sequin dress! You look fabulous and fit and happy… and thats what really matters!

7. Lisa January 26, 2013 at 10:51 pm #

Wow, you are hot in that dress! Your figure is fabulous.

8. Megan January 26, 2013 at 10:57 pm #

You and Chelsea look great together in sequins and I love how the names of your blogs also work together. Making it Lovely, Lovely Indeed!

9. Susan Telfer January 26, 2013 at 11:12 pm #

You look great. I wore a black sequin top from the 1960s to my oldest sons’ graduation ceremony a few years back!

10. Mina January 27, 2013 at 12:22 am #

Cute dress! You look awesome! It was great to meet you in person and be able to share the monthly pictures of my little girl with you. Love your blog and think it’s awesome how down to earth you seem to be. So approachable. Take care!

• Making it Lovely January 29, 2013 at 10:18 am #

It was great to meet you, too. And I’m always so happy when other people take on the monthly photo project!

11. Chedva January 27, 2013 at 8:35 am #

That’s awesome, Nicole! I have a sequined dress looking for a sequin-appropriate occasion.

12. Jessica @ The Tiny Abode January 27, 2013 at 8:46 am #

You look fabulous!!

13. eskimo*rose January 27, 2013 at 11:16 am #

Such a pretty dress, and you look so trim – well done you!

14. Holly January 27, 2013 at 4:41 pm #

I would add and you should edit your post – that you look fantastic in that dress. Way to go!!!

15. Amelia @ House Pretty January 27, 2013 at 7:51 pm #

That dress looks amazing on you! So happy that you did it :)

16. Lisa January 27, 2013 at 8:45 pm #

Don’t you two look lovely? Sequins are so much fun and dress up any look! I think every girl should have a dress with sequins to make the occasion special. So glad that you had a fabulous time at Alt.

17. Nicole S January 27, 2013 at 10:16 pm #

That dress is really excellent on you – great choice! Love it.

18. Angeline January 28, 2013 at 8:11 am #

Sharing in your sequined accomplishment joy!

19. Jane January 28, 2013 at 9:03 am #

You look FANTASTIC, Nicole!! I was just browsing some sequin dresses (for my Bachelorette party!) and wasn’t sure I could pull it off – You’ve given me sequin confidence! Now I can’t wait to find my perfect sequin party dress!

20. Brittany Lauren January 28, 2013 at 9:08 am #

The dress is too adorable! Love me some sequins! I really wanted to go to the next alt in NYC this year but it’s on my due date! Looks like you had a ball and can’t wait to see more pictures.

21. michelle January 28, 2013 at 9:28 am #

the sequin dress looks awesome on you! way to go on gaining the confidence to wear it. :) you never should have doubted yourself for a minute.

22. Catherine January 28, 2013 at 9:44 am #

You look gorgeous! I was at your panel, but I never saw you anywhere else. :( I hope you’ll do a fashion recap, because I’m especially interested in the dress or top (I was in the back) you wore Thursday. So pretty!

23. Heather P. January 28, 2013 at 1:34 pm #

You look amazing! The pink tights totally pull the look together! We’re built similarly, so it’s good to see someone else pulling off what I wasn’t ballsy enough to do this year! You ROCKED it!

24. Carrie January 28, 2013 at 2:08 pm #

I know it’s not a competition, but you totally wear it best!

25. Ryan January 28, 2013 at 2:48 pm #

I tried on that dress because it was my favorite sequin dress in the stores this year and, like you, felt that I needed to add a sequin dress to my wardrobe. Unfortunately it felt way to short on me. (@5’11”)

Then i turned around and bought this dress from Nordstrom that is a whole 1/2 inch longer. I kind of want go back and get that zigzag dress too, but what do i need two sequin dresses for?

26. Christina W. January 28, 2013 at 7:10 pm #

OMG the tights and the carpet and the wallpaper and the BALLOONS and the everything! This photo is so good.

27. jbhat January 28, 2013 at 11:20 pm #

I ADORE the dress. Good find! You both look fantastic in it.

jbhat

28. AmberLee January 28, 2013 at 11:55 pm #

sequins never had it so good! you ladies look amazing. you are going to need more sequins in your future, for sure.

and I LOVE your pic with Stefan!

It was so nice to get to say a quick hello on Saturday at lunch! thanks for taking a second while you were trying to juggle evertying!!

• Making it Lovely January 29, 2013 at 10:36 am #

I’m glad we met! I had no idea you’d be there, but I love your hot chocolate. Too much, maybe.

29. Danielle January 29, 2013 at 10:15 am #

You look amazing!! :)

30. Crystal January 29, 2013 at 12:31 pm #

fun dress! you look cute!

31. Leslie February 2, 2013 at 2:47 pm #

I love your pink shoes. Are they from Kate Spade? You look great by the way!

1. A Lovely Life List | Making it Lovely - January 26, 2013

[...] Wear a sequined dress to a party [...]

2. That Dress I Wore to Alt Summit | Making it Lovely - February 28, 2013

[...] didn’t put together a full recap of everything I wore to Alt (just the sequins), but I’ve been asked so many times about the dress I wore during my panel that I figured I [...]