7 March 21, 2014

Honor Roll

The Overprotected Kid

Get the Look: A Black, White, and Wood Bathroom
My Writing, Elsewhere…

Meredith
    March 21, 2014 at 3:05 pm

Thank you for sharing that article on “The Land.” It was totally fascinating, and I was reminiscing about my own adventurous childhood.

Mom
    March 21, 2014 at 9:51 pm

Nicole, The Land article was fascinating.

Brittany Lauren
    March 21, 2014 at 11:02 pm

Thanks for sharing The Land article. I really enjoyed it. As a new mom to an almost 1 year old, I hope his creatively soars as he grows up. I can’t imagine a childhood without getting dirty, having adventures and thinking anything is possible. In the last fews month, I’ve been rediscovery my own childhood playing with him :)

julia-tagandtibby
    March 22, 2014 at 10:51 am

the land article is fascinating. I talk with friends about this often…we are always watching our kids. Not that it is all bad. but I love the concept.

Lisa
    March 23, 2014 at 9:01 am

Nicole – ‘Sometimes I come across something’ is always so well curated. Thanks for making my Sunday morning Internet surfing so enjoyable!

Aurora
    March 23, 2014 at 5:49 pm

I’m a daily reader of your blog and I love this part of the week. As has already been said, you “curate” your links so well. The article about The Land was wonderful. I’ve heard of it before as it has been featured on Australian news shows. Unfortunately, here in Melbourne, our suburban backyards are shrinking and playgrounds don’t look like The Land here. I must admit though, as much as I encourage my children to play outdoors and unsupervised in our own garden, I’m not keen on playing on our (relatively quiet) street. Even though it’s the same neighbourhood I grew up in and my sisters and I did just that in the 1980’s.
    Keep up the great work and best wishes on the pregnancy.
    x

Making it Lovely
    March 24, 2014 at 1:09 pm

Thank you, everyone. And I’m glad ‘The Land’ article resonated with so many of us.