8 March 8, 2008

IKEA Excursion

I finally went out to the DMV to update my address (it’s only been a little over a year – what’s the hurry?). Well it was a lot easier and faster than I thought it would be, I didn’t have to rush back to work on anything, and I was already halfway to IKEA…

First, I’ll set the scene with an obligatory mirror shot. There, that’s great. I almost bought a little bulldog toy to bring home for Brandon, but then I realized we’d actually OWN the thing and what the hell am I supposed to do with a stuffed animal? So I snapped a picture of it instead.

Did you know you can buy an entire cowhide at IKEA? YES YOU CAN. And you know what? I think they can actually be kind of chic, if you’re into that sort of thing.

Also sheepskins and flokati rugs. For some reason, those don’t weird me out as much.

Red white and blue? U-S-A! U-S-A!

I picked up a few pink, orange, and red outdoor chair cushions for the porch (even though I liked the mustard stripey ones better). I figured the red would be good with the red tables I have already, and they were only $5 each.

They have some nice lanterns on display for summer now.

I bought a wanna-be Le Creuset dutch oven (for $59).

Stripes, stripes, everywhere you look in IKEA there are stripes. I really liked both of these (a runner and a rug).

I’m thinking about going back for that last one. Dining room, perhaps?

Oh, I also bought a whole BUNCH of fabric, but neglected to take any photos. Oh well. Maybe I’ll actually make something with it and then take pictures. For someone who just learned how to sew a few months ago, I sure do have a lot of fabric that I’m hoarding.

March 8, 2008 at 3:16 am

ooooh I’m jealous of all you people who are just hitting the warmer weather now……on the other side of the world the new winter gear is all coming out in the shops and my summer is goneeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Danielle Melnyczenko
    March 8, 2008 at 6:24 am

Hi, I’m a new fan to your blog and totally loving your style and your house really is blossoming. IKEA is one of my fave places, that B+W rug is stunning. I live in Sydney Australia and summer is gone and the winter months are rolling in… but I’ll be able to use my cosy fireplace for a change :) Check out my blog if you’re interested. I do a lot of DIY projects.

Erica Burns
    March 8, 2008 at 9:25 am

I love IKEA! THey have great fabric & other sweet little touches to make your home feel all cozy. I love their LACK shelves, which are the floating shelves. I can’t wait to see some of your sewing projects!

March 8, 2008 at 2:13 pm

Your blog is great! I really like your ideas…and I think a trip to IKEA might be in the works for me. It has been way too long and those orange and pink chair covers would be perfect for the summer!

March 10, 2008 at 8:21 am

I’m sorry to tell you this, but hoarding fabric comes with sewing. It doesn’t get better and only gets worse. You have great taste though so I’m sure your fabrics are great and you will find good uses for them.

March 10, 2008 at 6:39 pm

Oooh! I’ve been looking for lanterns and those are perfect. Also I have the colorful striped rug. I use it in the kitchen but it’s gotten dirty! Since it’s wool, I have neglected to wash it. Er….

Commercial Cookware Vendors - Shawn
    October 23, 2008 at 3:27 pm

They have wanna be Cruset?? Does it work as well as Cruset? I have used Cruset for a long time love it, but I don’t love the price. If IKEA has an acceptable substitute for less money, that would be great.

Making it Lovely | Transforming the so-so. » Blog Archive » Ritzy Stripe Chair
    April 17, 2010 at 11:44 pm

[…] also still obsessed with the black and white rug I saw during my recent IKEA visit. Is it too much with the chair pattern? I know, it probably is. Maybe I’d use the rug and […]