78 March 8, 2008

We Adopted a Dog!

We Adopted Him!

He’s somewhere between 4-6 months old, and we adopted him today from the Animal Care League here in Oak Park.

We Adopted Him!

He has the best personality – he’s just super sweet, calm, and lovable. He went between snuggling up to me and snuggling up to Brandon most of the time, just back and forth, wanting to be pet.

We Adopted Him!

We took him for a walk (he was very good), and we can visit him Monday and Tuesday. He’s getting neutered on Wednesday, and then we can go pick him up on Thursday.

He’s such a sweetie! Now we need to think of a name…

Kate
    March 9, 2008 at 11:16 pm

Congrats! I think this little guy totally looks like an Oliver, or Ollie. Milo would be cute, too.

feli
    March 10, 2008 at 5:05 am

What an adorable dog!! Makes me what to go an adopt a dog now.

We use to have a dog that looks like your pup and we named him Milo.

melissa
    March 10, 2008 at 7:14 am

Oh! SO adorable! I can’t get enough of puppies! Congratulations!
    xo
    Melissa

Patti
    March 10, 2008 at 7:23 am

Congrats to you and your pup! And most of all, congrats for saving a life by adopting from a shelter.

Cindy
    March 10, 2008 at 7:34 am

He looks like quite a sweetie!
    Congratulations and I think it’s awesome you adopted him from a shelter (both of my cats are shelter cats).
    Cindy

Toi
    March 10, 2008 at 8:23 am

He sure is cute. Congrats on your new baby. I love his ear. Those eyes will get him out of a lot of trouble!

Marcia
    March 10, 2008 at 10:54 am

What a handsome fellow. Kudos to you for adopting your little guy. I adopted my Maggie when she was between 6 and 8 years old. Miss M passed away last year. If I ever get another dog, he or she will definitely be from a shelter. Congratulations on the new addition to your family!!

Justine
    March 10, 2008 at 1:26 pm

Well we have Newton a boy and Fig a girl. Those are my fav names. Congrats!!!

jane
    March 10, 2008 at 3:17 pm

What a great face! He looks like a “Hank” to me. Whatever name you’re thinking of, you have to practice hollering it.
    “Heeennnnrrrreee!” makes me think of the B52’s… ;)

Erin
    March 10, 2008 at 3:43 pm

Your new boy is adorable. What about naming him Brown, after “Pink Loves Brown?”

Kate
    March 10, 2008 at 5:31 pm

wow- what a cutie! just wait until he gets comfortable with you- that’s when you’ll see the true puppy come out! enjoy~Kate

Michelle
    March 10, 2008 at 7:24 pm

Emily said: “Name suggestion: Roscoe :)”

My husband took one look at the dog and said, “That dog looks like a Roscoe!”

Anjanette
    March 10, 2008 at 7:33 pm

Yea! Congratulations on the new addition. My two cents is he looks like a Jake (and because Cutie isn’t very masculine).

Lili
    March 10, 2008 at 8:00 pm

I’m an aunt!

Congrats kids!

maryja
    March 11, 2008 at 1:00 pm

Congrats! Speaking as the lucky step-mom of an 11year old lab and a ferocious 20lb cat you will be amazed at how much love you will feel for him. If you’re looking for suggestions I offer “Linus” and “Gus”.

Jen
    March 11, 2008 at 1:24 pm

Awww, congrats, he is just darling. :)

sabrina
    March 11, 2008 at 1:28 pm

aww, how cute! I personally think he looks like a Bobbie, but I like Oliver too. Interestingly enough though, my first thought when I saw him was Fido, so you could also go with that suggestion from Erica. I wish you and your new doggie the best!!

Lucy
    March 11, 2008 at 1:37 pm

What. A. Sweetheart.

Sherry
    March 11, 2008 at 3:06 pm

Coming from a girl with a dog named Hamburger (Burger for short) may I suggest Tater Tot?

We saw a dog with that name in a shelter once and almost had to adopt him right there sheerly based on his name. Wouldn’t it seem that Hamburger and Tater Tot were destined to be the best of friends? Unfortunately Tater was already spoken for.

Sniffle.

xo,

Sherry

Lorraine
    March 12, 2008 at 7:25 am

Oh my gosh, I LOVE him. He is soooo cute! I mean- just look at those ears (I have a weakness for floppy puppy ears)!

patricia
    March 12, 2008 at 5:25 pm

what a cutie! our Otto is adopted too and he’s been with us for close to 6 years.

Making it Lovely
    March 12, 2008 at 9:00 pm

Thanks, everyone! We went back and forth between lots of names, including several that you all mentioned. Also, Brandon was kind of partial to “IndianaJonesHanSolo”, but I sort of vetoed that one. In the end, we decided…

His name is Murray!

jamie
    March 16, 2008 at 7:48 pm

i love him! hello!

such a gentleman. hi pup!

Joanne
    March 16, 2008 at 9:58 pm

Oh, such a sweet face!

Ashley
    March 24, 2008 at 6:40 pm

He’s adorable! We adopted our dog Speckles from the Animal Care League in Oak Park too! We love her so much. They are great over there! So kind.

Susan
    March 30, 2008 at 10:05 am

Congratulations!

There is NOTHING like having a dog in your life. Even though he may sometime piss on your floor, you’ll adore him forever.

Amanda
    February 21, 2009 at 5:29 pm

Your dog is so cute, and I love your designs! You have a great talent! I have a yorkie, and my blog is purely about her. I love having a dog. I hope you enjoy yours.

Garden Gate Inspiration – Making it Lovely
    July 14, 2016 at 2:00 pm

[…] to, so I just assumed that while cats can go outside and find their way back, dogs take off and go. Then we adopted Murray in 2008. And he would stay put! Brandon was like, duh. Dogs do that. And I thought, not in my experience, […]

• 1 2