29 July 20, 2010

General’s Jacket

Meet my new clothing love. It’s a cardigan made to look like a marching band jacket, and I want it very badly. It’s perfect because as much as Stacy and Clinton tell me that jackets are a woman’s best friend, I can’t pull them off. Cardigans however, I can do.

Have any of you seen this yet in the store? Customer service is lacking at the Macy’s near me, and nobody even answers the phone in the clothing department (I was actually told “yeah, they’re not going to pick up over there, try calling another day”).

found via Better Homes and Gardens, August 2010

Leah
    July 20, 2010 at 11:04 am

Oh I just LOVE it! Pulled together looking but comfy! What a great idea! You are making me excited for fall!!

Luvs!

Liv M.
    July 20, 2010 at 11:05 am

Oh my, I love it too. So much.

Two Lovely Spaces
    July 20, 2010 at 11:06 am

Wow, I didn’t know Rachel Roy was doing a line for Macy’s at that price point. This is so cute. Thanks for sharing. I see layering possibilities!

Anitra Sweet
    July 20, 2010 at 11:25 am

i’m totally with you! i own one coat that i don’t even wear. i however have tons of cardigans! my hubby even says i have a cardigan fetish! lol… great find!

Mama Nailah
    July 20, 2010 at 11:27 am

Very cute! Macys’s customer service sucks! SO NOT like BR or JCrew. Your best bet is to go to the store if you have an item number they can do a store locator for you! good luck!

Claudia
    July 20, 2010 at 11:36 am

omg I love it, I want it, I must have it! please post if you find where it’s sold!!

Robbyn
    July 20, 2010 at 11:45 am

Love it!
    I’m the same way with jackets. I keep trying, but every time I put one on I feel like a linebacker or like I’m playing dressup in mom’s closet.

Caitlin
    July 20, 2010 at 12:16 pm

That is SO cute.

I live in NYC and our Macy’s is of course always stocked. If I were you, I would call the Herald Square Macy’s and ask them for help, they are usually very helpful, not like most Macy’s nationwide.

They should be able to ship to you from their store.

Jessie
    July 20, 2010 at 12:17 pm

Wow. I wish I could just NOT answer the phone at work. lol I do love the matching band sweater. Very cute.

Lindsey
    July 20, 2010 at 12:43 pm

That jacket is truly adorable. I used to work at Macy’s and I wouold try calling a department close to women’s if the women’s department is not answering:) Eventually someone will hear the phone ring and run over!

Christine
    July 20, 2010 at 12:44 pm

Also keep checking rachelroy.com – her site has most everything that is in Macys. But I suspect you won’t see it in either spot until August.

Mrs. Kinne
    July 20, 2010 at 12:54 pm

That is so cute! I live in cardigans in the winter– especially working in a school where the temperature varies from room to room.

jodi
    July 20, 2010 at 1:02 pm

love it!

nic
    July 20, 2010 at 1:12 pm

Very unique and perfect for everything! I’m guessing that it probably isn’t in store yet (a lot of places are just about to get their fall stuff in) even though it’s featured in a magazine for next month. The same thing happens to me all the time and then by the time it does show up, it’s only availabe in only two sizes!

I did do a quick search online for jackets/ sweaters from the designer though and found that either it’s not available yet are already unavailable everywhere.

Good luck! Hope you find it soon!

Lydia
    July 20, 2010 at 1:12 pm

Geez, that makes me miss Marshall Field’s even more.

Liz
    July 20, 2010 at 2:19 pm

Love it! I want one now :)

alison (semi-fab lane)
    July 20, 2010 at 2:23 pm

yes, i am so glad military inspired pieces are still going strong this year. i just bought a knit jacet at nordstrom last week for their anniversary sale, can’t wait to wear it!
    yeah, macy’s really sucks at cs.

Miss B
    July 20, 2010 at 2:55 pm

Ouch! I can’t believe they would be so rude, Macy’s made a big boo boo! I bought a marching band inspired jacket a couple years ago, it’s black but has all the fun detailing and I LOVE it! I think you would love this:)

Kate
    July 20, 2010 at 3:04 pm

That’s too cute… I’m with you, I love a good tailored jacket, but cardigans are just much easier!

Hope you find it :)

CommaHappy
    July 21, 2010 at 12:16 am

That is super cute!

(And ditto on the Macy’s customer service. Nothing but problems with that bunch!)

melissa
    July 21, 2010 at 12:47 am

adorable!!

and i am in agreement on the macy’s customer service. the macy’s @ stratford in bloomingdale is horrible. i walked out after waiting 15 minutes in the mens shoe department where the only person who came by said “i’ll call someone” and walked off…

paula
    July 21, 2010 at 2:37 am

Try Forever 21, they have stuff like this! And so does H&M!

Christine
    July 21, 2010 at 7:16 am

Love this! If only Canada had macy’s… I hope you’re able to track one down!

Sarah B.
    July 21, 2010 at 8:10 am

WOW! I love it! (And I know what you mean about jackets vs. cardigans… jackets just plain don’t work on my very often.)

Corie
    July 21, 2010 at 8:49 am

Cardigans are my bag and that one is super super cute!

Sabre
    July 22, 2010 at 8:51 am

I agree, I love military style sweaters or sweatshirts that look like jackets! Here’s another!

April
    July 22, 2010 at 9:11 am

that’s wonderful – cardigans are my LIFE. lol

Annie
    July 28, 2010 at 4:33 pm

Saw this when I was walking through Sears today on my way into our mall. It was only $19.99 in-store and also came in cream. It’s made out of a fleecy sweatshirt material. Nice and thin and looked cute (not Sears-y, IMO). Didn’t try it on bc I was just passing though with 2 kiddos in tow. May need to go back!

Amanda
    August 5, 2010 at 3:22 pm

I fell in love with the jacket too and have been hunting it down. I just found it available directly from the Rachel Rachel Roy website.