MiY 3b: Bedroom

Making it Yours (MiY) explores ways to use stylish investment pieces for the home while keeping up with changing lives and changing tastes. In this third edition, I’m focusing on the ever popular Madeline Weinrib Zig Zag Rug. It started out in the home of a young woman who had just splurged on the rug (it was the most expensive thing in her apartment!), and it is making its way with her through several changes of residence. We first saw it in the living/dining area of her girly apartment.

MiY 3b: Bedroom

The rug has moved into the bedroom now, and the room is much more calm than the rest of the apartment. There is still a touch of pink in the sheets, but just barely. The Hoffman Bed is the same bed that we have (I love it), but in green. And I just had to put that Maskros Pendant in the room. If I can’t have it over my bed, then I can at least include it here! Two Engan dressers function as nightstands, and there is a nice creamy gray paint on the walls.

Next we’ll see the rug in the living room of a new apartment, butched up a little.

28 Responses to “MiY 3b: Bedroom”

1. Kate at Centsational Girl September 21, 2009 at 8:40 pm #

Oh, I swoon over that whole room, especially that pendant chandy and the bed. Love it so much.

:-)
    Kate

2. Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog September 21, 2009 at 10:41 pm #

I love how relaxing that room looks. The sheets are the perfect pop of color.

3. Audrie September 21, 2009 at 10:52 pm #

Wonderful picks… I love that bed!

4. Anna Elena September 21, 2009 at 11:27 pm #

LOVE it! I love how the rug can be toned down from the vibrant, girly room before.

and now to recreate this bedroom all for my very own.

5. HR Lady September 22, 2009 at 2:03 am #

Beautiful! I love the bed, pillows and pendant. Dang! Everything is fabulous. It is very simple yet elegant and lovely.

6. Marianne from France September 22, 2009 at 2:54 am #

I LOVE IT !
    I love the rug in particular, and also the bed. Thanks for sharing !
    Marianne

7. Danielle September 22, 2009 at 6:24 am #

I LOVE moving things around in my home to keep it fresh. Great suggestions!

8. Jessica September 22, 2009 at 7:39 am #

I love this game!
    I think this one needs some accessories though…hmm lets think.

9. Sonja September 22, 2009 at 9:08 am #

I was wondering how you made your pics with all your finds placed together. So lovely!

10. CaitlinElizabeth September 22, 2009 at 12:06 pm #

I love this! I’ve been eying the new engan line at IKEA, I think I may go for the bed myself… well done!

11. Averill September 22, 2009 at 12:51 pm #

I love the Amy Butler sheets with the MW rug! What a great mix of pattern.

12. Caitlin September 22, 2009 at 1:05 pm #

Very nice!

Isn’t it your birthday today? Happy Birthday!

13. Gis September 22, 2009 at 3:50 pm #

Oh my I love the dresser!!!

14. Marissa September 22, 2009 at 6:04 pm #

Love it! Those Amy Butler sheets are my new best friend

15. siescierto September 22, 2009 at 9:54 pm #

I love those sheets, great pattern!

16. Sachiko Lamb (Macy) September 23, 2009 at 12:00 pm #

Oh my. The bed is my favorite object. Looks so comfy!

17. Kathleen September 23, 2009 at 4:13 pm #

I’m kind of jealous of this imaginary girl.

18. Victoria Bennett Beyer September 23, 2009 at 7:37 pm #

Wow! I haven’t seen that pendant light before – it’s so pretty and whimsical. Love the soft green palatte of this room.

19. Jesse September 23, 2009 at 9:00 pm #

I sure love that bed. What a great room!

20. jenn ski September 24, 2009 at 7:37 am #

ooo, I love everything!

21. kasey September 24, 2009 at 2:19 pm #

lovin that bed!
    xo

22. Jessica September 25, 2009 at 7:15 am #

I love this bedroom. It’s perfect.

23. meta September 25, 2009 at 4:58 pm #

I love that Amy Butler sheet. Is the fabric available to buy by yards?

24. Down Pillow September 25, 2009 at 5:14 pm #

Great picks – love the pendant light & dresser :)

1. Making it Lovely, Making it Yours « Urban Home Magazine's Blog-Charlotte - October 1, 2009

[...] Nicole Balch’s series of Making it Yours (MiY) projects, which explore ways to use stylish investment pieces for the home while keeping up [...]

2. Making it Lovely | Transforming the so-so. » Blog Archive » MiY 3a: Girly Apartment - October 14, 2009

[...] IKEA Maskros Pendant MiY 3b: Bedroom [...]

3. Making it Lovely | Transforming the so-so. » Blog Archive » MiY 3c: A More Masculine Apartment - October 14, 2009

[...] Making it Yours (MiY) explores ways to use stylish investment pieces for the home while keeping up with changing lives and changing tastes. In this third edition, I’m focusing on the ever popular Madeline Weinrib Zig Zag Rug. It started out in the home of a young woman who had just splurged on the rug (it was the most expensive thing in her apartment!), and it is making its way with her through several changes of residence. We first saw it in the living/dining area of her girly apartment, and then it moved to the bedroom. [...]

4. » MiY 3e: Fresh Start Dining Room Making it Lovely | Transforming the so-so. - October 27, 2010

[...] of residence. We first saw it in the living/dining area of her girly apartment, and then in her bedroom. When she and her sweetie moved in together, they made the apartment more masculine and then they [...]