Male and Female Bust Vases

Me: Aren’t these neat?
Brandon: Yeah, if you want to go traipsing around the forest like a wood nymph.
Me: ?
Brandon: Don’t you already have a hat like that?
Me: No, the vases! Aren’t they awesome?
Brandon: Oh, they’re vases? So they’re like Chia pets for hipsters?

• From Floral Art, via Oh Joy.

15 Responses to “Male and Female Bust Vases”

1. Laurendy June 30, 2011 at 11:11 am #

“So they’re like Chia pets for hipsters?” – that may be in the running for the best quote of all time

2. Katie Hetrick June 30, 2011 at 11:15 am #

I love these and must know where I can get them! Thank you for posting!

3. deva June 30, 2011 at 11:15 am #

when i saw this all small on my twitter feed i thought it said “butt vases.” that’s why i clicked. these are nice too.

4. bethany June 30, 2011 at 11:16 am #

HA! While I love those, that is probably the best description ever. Mostly because I feel like it’s true… which is probably why I like them.

5. Jen @ RamblingRenovators June 30, 2011 at 11:27 am #

Good one, Brandon. I want to see your hat that looks like succulents!

6. emilie June 30, 2011 at 11:51 am #

Brandon really have the best quotes!

I’m still laughing at the “fishbowl full of bullet” (from way back when) and now “chia pets for hipsters”…

7. Liza June 30, 2011 at 2:51 pm #

Fair warning, do not plant directly into the vase… my plants drowned, there isn’t any drainage. Flowers look very cool in them though!

8. ArticulateArt July 4, 2011 at 2:21 am #

These are soooo cute!!!! Really cool idea for plants!

9. Jeannie July 6, 2011 at 1:33 pm #

Thanks for posting this – I’ve been looking everywhere for these!

10. Launa March 15, 2012 at 5:08 pm #

Your conversation cracks me up. When I showed them to my husband he thought they were hats too! He doesn’t understand why I want them so bad! :)

1. Floral Bust Vaces | - July 25, 2011

[...] from here.) This entry was posted in Design. Bookmark the permalink. ← Bamboo Bike LikeBe [...]

2. Hipster Chia Pets in the Dining Room | Making it Lovely - October 3, 2011

[...] you guys. I know what you were waiting for. All weekend you thought “ooh, if only I could see those creepy giant head vases Nicole bought [...]

3. My Sort of DIY Face Vase | (h)our oakview - June 24, 2013

[...] following Making it lovely, I fell in love with her funky male and female bust vases. Check them out here and here. I love that her husband called them “chia pets for [...]