Lourdes Sánchez Bull’s-Eye Rug

This is the rug that I was considering for my office. I like it, and the size (8’x8′) is a better fit for the room than the 5’x8′ one I have now. I’ve replaced my office chair though, so I’ll probably keep the rug I have now. Of course, now it’s on sale for 20% off, so this would be the time to buy if I’m going to. It has a certain KAPOW! that I like.

13 Responses to “Lourdes Sánchez Bull’s-Eye Rug”

1. jenn July 1, 2011 at 11:36 am #

I’ve been eyeing that rug too! Certainly makes an impact and has great colors to pull from.

2. Emily July 1, 2011 at 11:40 am #

Fantastic rug!!

3. Sarah Jane July 1, 2011 at 2:15 pm #

I feel like you could do something very cool around that rug. Any way to redo the chair to match both rugs and so that you alternate the room’s color scheme seasonally?
    Keep in mind as a reader I am not taking into account any sort of practicality or cost- I just live vicariously through you bloggers ;)

4. young c July 1, 2011 at 3:27 pm #

I love this rug as well! I wish we had a space it would work in, but alas, not at the moment! Maybe in a future place….

5. Kat July 1, 2011 at 8:18 pm #

This is the rug I’ve been drooling over for my recently re-done library/fireplace room! I haven’t seen it in person– do you know how accurate the colors look?

• Making it Lovely July 22, 2011 at 11:31 am #

I haven’t seen it in person. Neither of the Chicago west elm stores carry it.

6. Shay July 1, 2011 at 8:26 pm #

So beautiful! It will brighten up any room. I say that you deserve it, so BAM! POW! BUY!

7. Bari July 6, 2011 at 11:28 am #

Just got this rug a few weeks ago – and my 2 year old little boy loves to run cars down the white “roads”

8. Lorraine July 9, 2011 at 12:24 am #

I just ordered this rug a few days ago, I like the KAPOW analogy.

9. Jess July 12, 2011 at 1:17 pm #

I’m trying to decide if this is the right rug for my living room. Can someone who owns it (Bari?) tell me about the thickness of the pile (or if it’s woven)? I’m just not able to make that out from the picture and West Elm does not have that detail in their description. Thanks!

10. Making it Lovely July 22, 2011 at 11:31 am #
  11. Meg November 21, 2011 at 4:39 pm #

I bought this rug for our living room….any ideas on what curtains/window treatments would be good with this? we have blinds but would like some relatively inexpensive curtains as well

12. Kate July 4, 2012 at 9:43 am #

We’ve had this rug for about three weeks now. Love, love, love how it looks. To answer Jess’s question: It is a thick wool pile — sturdy and plush. We wanted a rug soft enough for our daughter to crawl on comfortably and this rug perfectly fits the bill. My one complaint is that it “sheds” and we have to vacuum almost everyday. I assume this will stop after awhile? Anyone have insight on the shedding problems?