Eleanor’s Bizarro World Room

The Land of Nod was so into the bedroom I designed for Eleanor (which they helped furnish) that they recreated the look for their new catalog. It’s on page 61.

Our copy arrived today, and I showed it to Eleanor. “Does this look like your room?” I asked her. She looked at it, then started pointing at toys and asking to play with them upstairs. The girl really wants her mercury glass mushrooms and toy calliope, please.

Here’s Eleanor’s room, for reference.

Quite the resemblance, right? (Although, now that I think about it… they’re based in Chicago. I’m in Chicago. Dudes, why didn’t you just shoot here?)

Anyway, thanks team Nod! It was neat to see the Bizarro World version in the catalog.

72 Responses to “Eleanor’s Bizarro World Room”

1. Miggy February 3, 2012 at 1:31 pm #

Um I NEED to know where you got those drapes/curtains?

Like, need.

2. sarahsuemagoo February 3, 2012 at 3:43 pm #

My bedroom is almost the same color pink :) with a yellow bed. I can’t believe I convinced my husband of either of those ideas.

3. kristin February 4, 2012 at 12:24 am #

Omigosh this is so funny! I like yours better (sorry land of nod)! :)

4. Arezooo February 5, 2012 at 4:49 am #

Yours is absolutely better:)

5. Charlene@APinchofJoy February 5, 2012 at 9:42 am #

How cool to have YOUR bedroom featured in their catalog! But really! Mercury glass in a kids room! And, as much punch as that low hanging chandelier adds — two seconds and the adventurous are literally swinging from the chandelier. Those pink poufs are fun — but still like your version best!

6. Vidya @ Whats Ur Home Story February 7, 2012 at 10:24 am #

Loooooooooooove your version of the room. Those curtains are gorgoeus. already pinned it. Came across your blog from Savedbysuzy.blogspot.com.

7. Shelly February 29, 2012 at 11:36 am #

Yes, I too must know where you bought those drapes!! How fun and cheerful are those!

8. Holly March 22, 2012 at 8:04 pm #

What color are the lovely walls in your daughter’s room? I love what you did- gorgeous!!

9. Jackie September 11, 2013 at 1:37 pm #

I like your version of the room more! Where did you get those curtains? I love them!

• Making it Lovely September 11, 2013 at 1:41 pm #

Thanks! I made those myself. The fabric is no longer available, but it was “mom’s couch” by Moda.

1. Eleanor’s Room (Let’s Call This “The Before”) | Making it Lovely - September 11, 2013

[…] Same dresser that I painted pink, and her rocking chair is back too. There wasn’t room for her two wooden bookshelves or the play table, but those will be put to good use […]