153 May 26, 2011

Eleanor’s New Bedroom

Eleanor’s room is done! She’s a fan.

The pink walls, lighting fixture, and curtains that I made are still in the room from when it used to be my studio. There is a detailed list of sources on a separate page, so do take a look if you’d like to know where something specific came from.

Here’s the vintage dresser from her nursery that we painted pink. I hung a mirror (it’s named the Eleanor Mirror!) above to reflect light from the window on the opposite wall, and the basket on the floor is for Eleanor’s laundry.

To the left of the dresser is a rocking chair and her closet. To the left of that are her bookshelves.

She loves grabbing toys from them.

There are three framed prints above the bookshelves. I made the Que Sera, Sera print in the middle (download it for free here!), and the other two are by The Black Apple and Lulu Dee. The frames are from Target.

I also made the recycled paper banner that hangs above her closet.

There are more toys on the other side of the room, behind the door. The smaller things are in toy boxes, and the larger toys are tucked away in a little alcove.

And then there are the books.

The girl loves to read.

Dee
    June 9, 2011 at 8:22 am

Such a cute room! I love her dresser and Jenny Lind bed!Thanks for the poster, I’m going to print it and hang it above Lark’s (my younger daughter) crib.

Making it Lovely
      October 21, 2011 at 3:09 pm

I’m so glad! I love that people are printing and framing the print.

D R E W
    June 10, 2011 at 12:03 am

WOW!! love those bookshelves! sooo great!

Mary
    June 13, 2011 at 10:14 am

Wow! What a gorgeous room! I love the dresser and the prints and the mirror and the… Everything is gorgeous!

CV Love
    July 11, 2011 at 5:46 am

I loved the picture, that cuteness! I’ll put one in my room!

Starting on the Basement Studio (Finally!) | Making it Lovely
    July 12, 2011 at 12:51 pm

[…] studio! You were so good to me and my shop. Then I had a baby. And then another one. And I needed that upstairs bedroom back. So we remodeled and finished the basement to make room, and now (finally!) it’s time to […]

Kim
    August 19, 2011 at 8:38 pm

What a cute room! I was wondering if you could tell me where you got the step stool? I looks like it might be the old PBK one, but not sure.

Thanks!

Making it Lovely
      October 21, 2011 at 3:08 pm

The step stool is from Land of Nod too.

Barn Board
      February 13, 2013 at 4:58 am

The stool is great! My family has one that we purchased for our two boys. It sits in our kitchen and is used EVERY DAY. Land of Nod no longer carries the stool. Because of its look and rigid construction I decided to make a few that were similar. I am in the processes of adding another five to our home. They look great everywhere, even the shop.

Carla
    November 8, 2011 at 3:56 pm

I love Eleanor’s room! I was wondering what color the walls are. I’m looking for a color to go with the dash an Albert zig zag rug (I think you have this in your new office??) but I don’t know if it will be too much. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Making it Lovely
      November 8, 2011 at 4:12 pm

The walls are Benjamin Moore’s Wild Aster. And that zig zag rug would be perfect in a nursery!

kacy
    January 17, 2012 at 12:35 am

Can you also tell me what color the dresser is? Love it! Did you prime first as I have a vintage dresser I want just this color if possible.

kacy
    January 17, 2012 at 12:43 am

Nevermind found the color! Cant wait to paint mine!

Frilling Friday 5/27/11 | You Frill Me
    January 28, 2012 at 4:05 pm

[…] cute (and pink!) little girl’s […]

Eleanor’s Bizarro World Room | Making it Lovely
    February 2, 2012 at 12:52 am

[…] World Room February 2 Bookmark or Share 0 comments The Land of Nod was so into the bedroom I designed for Eleanor that they recreated the look for their new catalog. It’s on page 61.Our copy arrived today, […]

Shared Girls’ Bedroom: Bunk Beds or Single Beds? - blogtownmom
    February 4, 2012 at 1:55 pm

[…] above girl’s bedroom belongs to lucky Eleanor, Nicole Balch of Making It Lovely‘s little girl. You can see the Jenny Lind bed peaking out in the picture. I absolutely love […]

Carla Sumka
    February 4, 2012 at 9:51 pm

Where did you get that cute picture of those retro cats above her bed? Super cute.

Merisa
    February 7, 2012 at 4:22 pm

Absolutely beautiful! I’m actually getting that same bed for my two girls. Or it might be the same. Either way you have a wonderful sense of design.

Patricia
    February 24, 2012 at 4:19 pm

this blows my mind! gorgeous!

Kat - Four Little Walls
    March 15, 2012 at 5:42 am

What a gorgeous bedroom!! Lucky little lady! x

Larae
    March 17, 2012 at 12:25 am

Did the slats come with the bed or did you order themmseparately? I’m wondering if they can fit a full bed i have. also, is that the Serena and lily side table withe the books on it? Thanks!!!

Larae
    March 17, 2012 at 12:27 am

Also, where you find your wood bookshelves? Love em!

Emilee Arnold
    March 19, 2012 at 7:46 am

Hi my name if Emilee, I absolutely love your little girls room. Loves it so much I just bought my little girl a Jenny Lind twin bed and was wondering where you got the side rail? I have looked everywhere (on line) and can not find a wooden one. Thanks so much for your time

Emilee

Christie Cambio
    April 4, 2012 at 7:15 pm

I absolutely love Elenor’s new room! So adorable. I have a question about the Wild Aster paint color. When you enter the room is it obvious that it’s pink? It’s obviously not an overwhelming pink, but I guess what I’m asking is it enough pink to know that it’s not a shade of white?

Leila
    April 20, 2012 at 5:36 pm

That dresser is really sweet!

Planning a Mini-Makeover for Eleanor’s Room | Making it Lovely
    April 26, 2012 at 1:44 pm

[…] and look at my home as an ever-changing, evolving project. So I have a mini-makeover planned for Eleanor’s room, all because I was in the market for a new duvet cover for her. Her polka dot cover is cute, but we […]

Maria
    June 24, 2012 at 11:14 pm

Hi! I love the paint color you used! We’re getting ready to paint our nursery, and I need help! I’d like to stencil a feature wall using wild aster as the base and then the Martha Stewart pink pearl paint for the stencil. What do you think?

Nicole B
    July 5, 2012 at 1:50 am

Pinkalicious!!! Love it!

Genevieve
    July 24, 2012 at 4:28 pm

This is lovely! My daughter’s name is Eleanor :) And we are moving into a new house. Hmmmm…..may have to borrow some of this for her room! :) Thank you!

girly inspiration | Simply P.Chee
    August 17, 2012 at 1:36 pm

[…] so we’ll see what we end up with.  Probably something more fun and pretty like this (from Making it Lovely)  . . . and a bit more realistic at the […]

Kasia
    August 17, 2012 at 2:46 pm

so cute! planning a shared space and definitely using your photo as one of my inspirations :-)

August’s Nursery | Making it Lovely
    September 13, 2012 at 7:57 am

[…] vintage dresser that we painted pink for Eleanor when this was her nursery, but that’s now in her new bedroom. We replaced it with this wooden one. It’s more masculine, and I really like the addition of […]

Jennifer
    December 19, 2012 at 10:30 pm

We just bought our little girl the raspberry Jenny lind bed from nod – where did you find the foot stool for your daughters bed? We need one since the bed is pretty tall and our daughter is pretty short!

girly inspiration
    March 24, 2013 at 10:40 pm

Alexa
    July 18, 2013 at 10:18 pm

Hi love the room. Remodeling my daughters bedroom for her 3yr birthday. I really love the light fixture. Where did you get it?

Eleanor’s Room (Let’s Call This “The Before”) | Making it Lovely
    September 11, 2013 at 1:14 pm

[…] is what E’s room looks like to start. You’ll recognize nearly everything from her old room here. Same bed, with a mishmash of bedding because we haven’t found it all yet. Same […]

Eleanor’s Room, in Progress | Making it Lovely
    October 8, 2013 at 2:04 pm

[…] little more cohesive before than it does now, because I had initially just carried everything over from the old house. Now that I’m making some changes and adding in a new color (dark blue, Eleanor’s […]

The Playroom’s Accent Wall (Featured in HGTV Magazine) | Making it Lovely
    May 20, 2014 at 1:31 pm

[…] Couch” fabric. They hung in my stationery studio initially, and were also used in Eleanor’s bedroom in the last […]

Calvin’s Nursery | Making it Lovely
    February 10, 2016 at 1:50 pm

[…] had wanted to use the rectangular wooden play table that we’d had in Eleanor’s room at the old house, but it was too large so I grabbed the round one from the playroom upstairs. I know that it looks […]

Green Butterfly Photography
    March 21, 2016 at 11:08 pm

Do you remember where you got the rectangular wooden play table and what it was called? I Love it! It looks like Land of Nod but I don’t think that carry that same one anymore. Was hoping to get lucky searching for it second hand somewhere if I knew the name. It’s just what I have been looking for. Thanks!

Making it Lovely
      March 22, 2016 at 8:57 am

It was from Land of Nod, yes. The Mojo table. Looks like they still carry the chairs, but not the table anymore.

1 2 3