27 May 24, 2012

Style: Pink Ballet Maxi Skirt

I bought this pink ballet maxi skirt earlier in the month, and posted about not being sure how to pull it off. I still need to find a good black and white striped top (what kind of blogger am I to not own one!?), but I’ve owned the skirt for three weeks and worn it three times. Pretty good for a completely impractical item of clothing, I’d say.

Get the Look

1. Ballet Maxi Skirt

2. Leather Obi Belt
    Similar — mine was from Anthropologie.

3. Fanned Alloy Necklace
    Similar — mine was from J.Crew.

4. Regina Wedges
    You’ve seen these before.

5. Brass Teardrop Bangles
    Similar — I’ve had mine for ages.

6. All of Blushing Bag
    OK, this would probably rip the skirt to shreds. “Look out kids, mama’s got her spikes today!”

7. Sheer Sleeve Sweater

Ashli
    May 24, 2012 at 2:53 am

Love it!!! I was looking for exactly that skirt!!!
    You look Fab . . . as always!
    Lots of Love
    Ashli

Sara
    May 24, 2012 at 5:07 am

Hi!
    I’m Sara! I’m Your fan since long time, but I never live a comment on Your blog. But this time I need to! :) I’m a fashion blogger ( You can check my looks if You want it:) ) but I also love home decorating. You’r home is amazig! Love all the details like flowers, birds in kitchen, mirror….and I could write and write :)
    You also got a nice style, love Your todays outfit!
    Could You please make a new home tour ? I would love to see it all tougether :)

Take care! Sara

Amber Wallace
    May 24, 2012 at 7:14 am

I’m so glad you ended up getting it! It is gorgeous and I love how you pulled it together!

Giulia
    May 24, 2012 at 8:03 am

You look great! This is such a nice combo.
    A couple of weeks ago you posted an instagram with a flowery pencil skirt that matched the gift wrap in your hands. You also had fabric flowers on the white shirt – it looked stunning. Could you do a post on that look?

Jay
    May 24, 2012 at 9:08 am

Your post really made me smile today. I love the soft feminine fabric and color choice, the muted “antiquey” hues which compliment so beautifully.

But what has me really smiling, is that like you, I spent a great deal of my youth in a uniform of BLACK. And now, here we are embracing and loving the feminine, beautiful lines of a pleated baby pink maxi skirt. It feels good, doesn’t it?

You look gorgeous.

Gloria
    May 24, 2012 at 9:24 am

How dreamy! I don’t own any maxi skirts, but I’m thinking that needs to change soon…

EJ
    May 24, 2012 at 9:38 am

Nice! I found that maxi skirts are no more impractical than long slacks; they just take a little getting used to, like everything new. Nowadays I actually own more maxi skirts than shorter ones!

Adriane /// The A & B Stories
    May 24, 2012 at 10:06 am

This look is so amazing. I need one of these skirts!

lea
    May 24, 2012 at 10:53 am

Oh wow! You’re stunning! I’m not a huge fan of the maxi skirts but I totally dig this! Exclamation point!

christine // darling studio
    May 24, 2012 at 11:10 am

Lookin’ good, lady. Lookin’ good.
    I just bought my first pleated maxi skirt and I have a feeling I’m going to be wearing it a lot this summer too. xo

mai
    May 24, 2012 at 12:24 pm

Sooooo feminine and pretty! I’d be twirling all day.

Catherine
    May 24, 2012 at 12:50 pm

Oh, you look amazing! So feminine and elegant. I found your blog recently, and you make me smile every day. Now I might have to find a skirt like that for myself. Wonder if it will be hot in 100 degree weather.

Anna
    May 24, 2012 at 2:46 pm

I just started reading your blog and found the dinosaur murals you painted for your nephews. I love them! I really want to do the paint-by-number mural also. As a short/squat kind of gal, I shall enjoy the pink maxi skirt vicariously through you! Great blog.
    lazycrafteur.blogspot.com

the domestic fringe
    May 24, 2012 at 3:59 pm

It’s a beautiful look. I love your skirt.
    ~FringeGirl

Libby
    May 24, 2012 at 5:59 pm

I love mixing the green belt with your pink skirt! Precious choice.
    I got an olive-green maxi skirt last year and I haven’t been able to figure out how to pair it but your post reminded me of a pale-pink men’s button down that would look super fantastic.
    Love your blog, by the way. Long time listener, first time caller. ;)

Sara Rose
    May 24, 2012 at 6:06 pm

You should be able to find some really GREAT 3/4 sleeve black and white stripe tops from both Target and Old Navy, actually. I also found some great cardis is colors that would work from there too. (I recently jumped on the maxi band wagon too!- so fun being an adult- right!)

Leigh
    May 24, 2012 at 8:03 pm

This is so gorgeous – so feminine without being too fussy! I’m heading out to look for one and the shoes are ab fab!

Or
    May 25, 2012 at 4:13 am

wow! u look so good! the skirt with the belt and the necklace are amazing.. love ur blog and everything about it! :)
    xx from Israel

Evelyn
    May 25, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Gorgeous! Perfect summer piece!

Alison
    May 25, 2012 at 3:22 pm

I love how you chose to style it! Pairing it with olive is a great choice, I may have to try that next time I wear this skirt! Very pretty.

Shannon
    May 26, 2012 at 7:02 am

You look so pretty. I love this outfit.

Starlet
    May 26, 2012 at 10:09 am

You definitely pulled this off SO well!

Oh and the peonies are like pom-poms who are cheering you on – so very pretty!

I finally planted some of them in my front yard -although blooming season is almost over, hoping they can turn out great next year – all happy like yours!

lindsay
    May 27, 2012 at 9:43 am

I love anything pink, and I’ve wanted a pink pleated maxi for the longest time. This skirt suits you so well! I don’t think it’s impractical at all! Looks great.
    Hope you have fun in lovely Toronto! Maybe we’ll bump into each other :)

Kelsey
    May 29, 2012 at 10:55 am

Love the skirt…so does my 2 year old daughter, “she’s a princess!”

Elizabeth at My Butterfly Haus
    May 30, 2012 at 5:50 pm

Love your blog!! Its so inspirational! I’m a new follower. I am brand new to blogging for encouraging Godly and virtuous women and homemaking. Hope you stop by! Have a blessed day!

Nancy
    May 31, 2012 at 9:34 am

super cute skirt and outfit!

Rachel
    May 31, 2012 at 3:47 pm

I have these Jeffrey Campbell wedges in black, and I LOVE them.