44 July 2, 2012

Lazy Morning

Pretending to Sleep

I intended to just show you the new coral bedding, but I like these photos a whole lot more than a well-made bed.

I have new decorative pillows to add, and a cute throw blanket too. All black and white, all from IKEA. I picked them up when we got the new outdoor table. I’ve also hung the botanical print in the bedroom since snapping these. E supervised. I’m not sure about it, but it’s huge and maybe I need to get used to it.

Making Phone Calls

I painted my IKEA closet doors white. Ages ago. Did I ever show them? They could still use another coat of paint before I really call them done.

Baby in the Mirror

This is a funny work week, with the Fourth of July smack in the middle. It feels like everyone is off with their families, and so I hope you’ll indulge me in the sharing of mine. Feel free to concentrate on the new bedding if that’s more your thing. It’s under these fine people.

Playing with Daddy

July 2, 2012 at 3:32 am

I love these photos. As much as I love a look at the taste and style evident in your home, a peak into your life is lovely too, thanks

July 2, 2012 at 6:16 am

Much nicer to see the bedding in use!

Kathryn Humphreys
    July 2, 2012 at 7:52 am

How clever of you to coordinate their pajamas :)

Making it Lovely
      July 2, 2012 at 1:43 pm

I’ve accidentally art directed my life!

July 3, 2012 at 7:02 pm

hahaha, brilliant post ms. art director :)

sally (toronto)
    July 2, 2012 at 8:37 am

I love love love the pillow case/sham pattern and colours

July 2, 2012 at 8:45 am

So cute!

the domestic fringe
    July 2, 2012 at 8:55 am

Super-cute pictures! Great color sheets.

July 2, 2012 at 9:03 am

Pretty! And personally I love photos like this- it really does give more of a peek than styled. I should take my own advice, too. ;)
    Hope you have a fun week with your family.

Janae @ Bring-Joy
    July 2, 2012 at 9:09 am

I love seeing pictures of your kids! That’s why I’d ready your blog over a a magazine article online. You make it real & personal, & your kids are adorable. Love the matching PJs & quilt.

Ash @ HumberHomeProject
    July 2, 2012 at 9:26 am

SUCH cute pictures!
    The bedding looks like a wonderful color, too :) I love that coral is an “in” color now. It’s that perfect balance of pink and orange.

You should frame that bottom picture. It’s adorable. <3

emily barefoot
    July 2, 2012 at 9:28 am

nah, I think the fine people are cuter than the bedding. ;) More happy to see them.

July 2, 2012 at 9:58 am

Adorable pictures, Nicole. Bedding is a great backdrop for your sweet family.

July 2, 2012 at 10:07 am

I love it all! Cute family, cute pj’s, cute bedding, cute headboard!

Great pics!

What type headboard do you have? I’m off to see if you have another post about your headboard!

~ Ali

Making it Lovely
      July 2, 2012 at 1:45 pm

It’s the Hoffman bed from Room & Board. We’ve had it for five years and it has held up beautifully.

July 6, 2012 at 1:58 pm

It’s a wonderful headboard! Great choice! You are cutting edge! I just got a similar headboard this summer! You’ve had yours for 5 or 6 years! :)

~ Ali

July 2, 2012 at 10:21 am

Love the pics of your home but love the pics of your family even more :)

July 2, 2012 at 11:46 am

I love the new bedding and the kiddo pics too. But I would also love to see a styled photo too, pretty please. : ) Maybe E can supervise one of those too?

Enjoy this funny week. I am excited to have the day off smack in the middle. Hooray 4th!

July 2, 2012 at 12:13 pm

“Feel free to concentrate on the new bedding if that’s more your thing. It’s under these fine people.”. Lol, ilu.

Aspiring Kennedy
    July 2, 2012 at 1:43 pm

They are so sweet I almost missed the wonderful bedding! It’s nice to see things in use.

July 2, 2012 at 3:35 pm

The new bedding doesn’t even compare to how beautiful the kids are!

July 2, 2012 at 4:10 pm

that last shot is the best! ;)

July 2, 2012 at 4:19 pm

Looks nice! And so do the family pics. :) I’m going to redo my bedroom this summer. My daughter’s bedroom is painted coral, I didn’t want to leap into pink, although she’s since become a pink, pink, and more pinkalicious preschooler. It has with white curtains with ball fringe and a lot of floral accents. I bought a bunch of the Liberty patterns from Target a few years ago, on a curtain panel for the closet, storage boxes, etc. She thinks the room is pink, but in the right light, it’s totally peach. Wish I could remember which paint it was now!

Mrs. Kinne
    July 2, 2012 at 4:20 pm

I giggled at “It’s under these fine people.”

And, your family and your bedding are pretty fabulous.

July 2, 2012 at 5:20 pm

Such sweet pics! I especially love that first one… I wondered to myself if August was faking being asleep, so cracked up at the ‘alt’ message. :)

July 2, 2012 at 6:26 pm

Adorable pictures! I really enjoy seeing your family here. My decor is mostly neutrals, but I really love the way you do pink!

Lila Smyth
    July 2, 2012 at 8:30 pm

Great photos :) I love the coral with the gray. Beautiful.

July 2, 2012 at 8:56 pm

Oh my gosh, my three-year-old son LOVES pink owls, and sleeps with a stuffed one at night. I wonder if he would wear the pajamas. Too cute! Such a gorgeous family, and your room looks great, too.

July 2, 2012 at 9:30 pm

Ahh… You are a rich, rich woman. :)

July 2, 2012 at 10:24 pm

So sweet! I’m sure they’ll have warm memories of your cozy big bed. Thanks for sharing!

July 2, 2012 at 11:42 pm

I just have to write to say I got one of the striped totes from your round up and am so enamored! It was very affordable and is the perfect size. Can’t wait to fill it with our 4th of July essentials and carry it with my red dress. And to take it for our week in Nova Scotia after that. Thanks for pulling those together. I had been looking and looking with no luck.

July 3, 2012 at 8:16 am

Those girls of yours are adorable and beds always look way more inviting when they’re messed up from kids. You’ve definitely got some framer photos here!

July 3, 2012 at 11:30 am

Absolutely love this post.

Christina W.
    July 3, 2012 at 12:55 pm

Your husband seems like the sweetest daddy :)

July 3, 2012 at 1:43 pm

Love the look! Where is the coral blanket from? Looked like there was some basket weave mixed in that isn’t the quilt. Thanks!

July 3, 2012 at 5:25 pm

I always love your photos- they’re just so evocative. And you have such perfect little ( and big) models!

July 4, 2012 at 12:35 am

There is so much pink in this post and I couldn’t be happier about it! Your family is adorable as can be. Happy 4th!

July 4, 2012 at 3:51 am

dear nicole, i am a regular reader of your blog from berlin in germany but i have never commented before. now i just wanted to tell you that i think it’s great that you dress august in pink and do not worry about set gender roles, clichés and prejudices. i think all kids should be allowed to try outeverything and not be pre-maturally directed towards what is considered the right colours, toys, games for girls or boys. all the best for you and your family, jules

Erin @ WriteTasty
    July 5, 2012 at 10:37 am

Im in love with coral this year. Totally wish my Mister would go for more pink in our house- I barely got a (super masculine) chandelier in our bedroom. Also your children are absolutely precious. I wholeheartedly agree with the above comments about your son rocking the pink. Real men wear any color that they like! And pink is a great color. :)

July 7, 2012 at 8:15 am

Love the coral printed pillow shams– where are those from?

July 7, 2012 at 7:41 pm

Ohmygosh, how much do I love these photos?! So very precious. Yes, the bedding is gorgeous. Seriously love it, but your family steals the scene for sure. That last photo in particular is a heart melter.

July 11, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Just came across your blog today. The pictures of the girls are priceless. I love the coral too although I was too busy smiling at the kids.

The Bedroom’s Mini-Makeover | Making it Lovely
    July 26, 2012 at 4:35 pm

[…] walls, same layout, same bed. All the furniture is the same, actually. The only changes have been the bed linens and the botanical print from the living room.I’m not sure how much longer we’ll be able […]

A Look Back at 2012 | Making it Lovely
    December 31, 2012 at 2:59 pm

[…] of course, throughout all of the professional and personal highs and lows, I decorated my house and doted on my kids. As Eleanor and August continue to grow into their own little persons, I feel myself becoming more […]