- Did you hear the collective gasp when we all saw this garage makeover? Good stuff.
- New peeks into the place Victoria calls home.
- This kitchen is nice on its own, but the collection of colorful bowls makes it extra special.
- If you like my bedroom Edison light, you will also like these modern glass globe chandeliers.
- Like I need good packaging to help convince me to eat ice cream. (Super cute though!)
- Cute fashion girl illustrations.
- Always nice to see a good collection of silhouettes in people’s homes.
- Tristan is planning her studio. (Those library shelves! Swoon.)
- Cute new fabrics from Skinny laMinx.
- I love these hand-stamped business cards, along with Ez’s painted ones.
- She still has things she’d like to change, but I think Jenny’s front entry is looking pretty good.
- So smart! Benita organized her Martha Stewart magazines by month instead of by year.
- I think it’s time for us to have a toast.
I want to be a better photographer.
I’ve mentioned this a few times before. Learning to use my camera in manual mode was on my 30 Before Thirty list, and it’s something that I’ve continued to work on. I can take a decent photo, and I’m probably better than the average amateur, but am I where I want to be with my photography? Definitely not.
I love Ira Glass’ take on persistence and creative work. It’s something that I’ve kept in mind as I work on improving my skills.
“…most everybody I know who does interesting, creative work, they went through a phase of years where they had really good taste and they could tell what they were making wasn’t as good as they wanted it to be.”
“…it’s only by going through a volume of work that you’re actually going to catch up and close that gap.”
So that’s what I’m doing. I’m currently working on my 4-6 Weeks Project (a daily photograph), and I’ll continue to challenge myself after that. Persistence is good.
Can you identify? What are you working on becoming better at?