Can we get behind putting the TV back in armoires yet? Because sometimes it’s a good solution (she says as she thinks of the troublemaking pair of kittens that want to climb the face of our television). I like the scale and sort of 70s/Jacobean/Tudor style of this one, but I’d paint it black.
Let’s do a living room design! Because I wanted to design something with a dolphin mirror and that delicious velvet sofa.
- Avril Table Lamp with Linen Taper Shade, Crate & Barrel – Modern shape, great color. The color I painted my dining room ceiling, actually.
- Oval Tray in Orange Leopard, Dana Gibson – Rawr.
- Melange Pill Form Sconce, Kelly Wearstler, Circa Lighting – The light glows through these in the softest, most beautiful way.
- Entrance Poster, Fine Little Day – A little askew, but it beckons. I’m into it.
- Aurelia Embroidery Fabric (for Pillows), Schumacher – Perfect for one long lumbar pillow.
- Misha 24″ Silk Velvet Pillow, Jayson Home – I would need to verify that the color works with the sofa color if truly pulling this together, but we’re assuming it does and it looks amazing.
- Love Joy Bliss Poof, Universal Furniture – SO stinkin’ cute. A pair of these, obviously, because they’re better in multiples.
- Cossette Media Cabinet (Painted Black), Ballard Designs – I see an armoire* and I want to paint it black.
- Paint, Benjamin Moore, Dinner Party AF – Rich red. Dare I say 90s red? It’s back.
- Entwined Dolphins Mirror, Alice Lane Home Collection – This has been on my wish list for a few years. I don’t have a spot for it, so into this make-believe room it goes.
- French Knot Drapery Panel (Ivory/Flax), Ballard Designs – Plain but pretty with texture.
- Natural Wood Console Table, West Elm – Like an Eames molded plywood folding screen, but you know, as a table. The room needed more organic lines and wood grain.
- Bloke Sofa (Ochre Velvet), Blu Dot – Long and sleek, but it looks friendly. You can see it, right? It’s a friendly sofa!
- The Amie, UrbanStems – Pretty. Even the vase is nice.
- Santoro White Quartz Coffee Table, CB2 – What a cutie this coffee table is. And the materials are echoed in the sconce and console table. Cohesiveness.
- Maven Rug, Lulu and Georgia – I’ve been looking at so many rugs everyday in search of one for the dining room. This one is too nice to get food dropped on, but perfect for a living room.
*Eh? Eeehhhh? (I’m nudging you with my elbow and waggling my eyebrow.) I never left Team TV in the Armoire. Not in every situation, since flat screens are so unobtrusive now, but I do like a big honkin’ piece of furniture to anchor a room.
DebSeptember 15, 2020 at 1:33 pm
Kids and cats, right? I’m on board! Waiting for the perfect antiquey yet modern piece.
SarahSeptember 15, 2020 at 1:38 pm
Love this whole scheme! So pretty and fresh. And every time I see that mirror anywhere, I want it!
KellySeptember 15, 2020 at 2:25 pm
LOVE this! I’m so over seeing white on white on white on gray. Dying for this type of color!
wallySeptember 16, 2020 at 5:37 am
My dad cut a hole in the wall behind a framed piece (a model of a ship), installed a shelf attached to the back of the frame so that when you pulled the frame out, there was a shelf and he put the tv there. Kind of like this but literally built into the wall https://www.pinterest.com/pin/231442868320953450/
MarjorieSeptember 16, 2020 at 9:45 pm
Oh this is such a good design board. And I agree. I like a tv to be shut away
PollySeptember 27, 2020 at 9:25 am
That black armoire…My TV needs a hiding spot! Lovely work Nicole!
BethNovember 10, 2020 at 10:20 am
I don’t like the idea of bringing back TV cabinets, but also don’t like that we all just have these big black rectangles sitting out these day! I wonder what the happy medium might be? :-)