Brief Random Updates

…after a week of absence while I worked on technical issues.

I have a new home! Er, well, the website does. Thanks for being patient this week as I switched domain registrars and web hosts. And if you’re looking for recommendations, I’d go with GoDaddy for domain registration and Liquid Web for hosting (that’s how I’m all set up now).

On an unrelated note, I do not like my new haircut. As much as I love short blunt bangs on others, I have to remind myself that they do not look cute and artsy on me, they just look bad. I look like Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber. Thinking I should grow my hair out now.

I decided recently that I should own a pair of gym shoes. Or maybe tennis shoes would be the more appropriate name? You know, the non-bulky canvas type of shoes. Seems like something that should be in one’s shoe warddrobe. Now I’m trying to decide which of two pairs I’ll be keeping: blue Converse or red Keds. I like the Converse style (they’re very slim and they have a star on them!), but blue is my least favorite color. If I could combine them into one super sneaker, I’d be all set.

Which Ones?

(Maybe next I’ll buy a pair of dungarees! Or “jeans”, as the kids are calling them these days.)

Guess what… we are having a yard sale tomorrow! Our basement is chock FULL of treasures that will be made available to the general public in the morning. Perhaps I’ll wear my tennies.

That is all.

66 Responses to “Brief Random Updates”

1. Megan July 20, 2009 at 8:03 am #

The red sneakers look cuter. I say go with those.

Something totally random: I saw these curtains at Pier 1 and they reminded me of the fabric you want for your library. Have you see them?

2. cinnamon girl July 20, 2009 at 10:15 am #

Hello, I’m a big fan of your blog. I find your posting very spontaneous and your styling inspiring and helpful for others.
    Just to let you know I gave an Award to you!
    Come to my blog collect your Award, I won’t mind if you will choose to don’t post about it.
    Ciao, Cinnamon Girl

3. julie. July 20, 2009 at 11:32 am #

I love tennies like that for the Summer – with a skirt they are super cute.

thank you for saving me from a bang disaster. I have been fooling with the idea of bangs, but often suspect my hair is to fine to go that route. I do love how it looks on most hipsters I see. Yours probably don’t look nearly as bad as you think, and will grow back out fast!

4. Nuit July 20, 2009 at 12:04 pm #

AWW I wish I lived closer to you, I surely wouldnt miss that yard sale!!!

5. Jill Browning July 20, 2009 at 12:13 pm #

Definitely the red ones! They remind me of the gym shoes I had in kindergarten (circa 1983). The blue ones are too masculine, considering how girly you are :)

6. Tiffany July 20, 2009 at 2:22 pm #

i am wearing those converse but they are a burgandy color – they are my favorite! they were only $29 at target, you should check maybe they still have some in this color!

7. kate July 20, 2009 at 8:34 pm #

I have those blue converse ones (bought at target). I love them and get a million compliments whenever I wear them! You can wear them with dresses, jumpers, or jeans. Darling!

8. Stacy of KSW July 21, 2009 at 9:53 pm #

Hi Nicole,
    Here’s hoping your little one is starting to sleep through the night. My son (born a few weeks prior) just started sleeping through the nights this week.

Anyway, I can understand your desire for some cute comfy sneakers (I like the red by the way) but I couldnt resist sharing these cute shoes with you. As soon as I saw them, I thought of you. Did you ever buy that cute teal maternity dress from Wal-Mart for $12? I never got around to it myself.

Take care and enjoy your newborn,

Stacy of KSW

• Making it Lovely August 10, 2009 at 1:35 pm #

I never got around to buying that dress either! It was cute though. :)

9. rhonda July 21, 2009 at 10:03 pm #

Red is my vote. Not that you were asking.

10. Haus July 22, 2009 at 11:03 pm #

I have a pair of pale pink Converse from Target – classic and cute, and the pink goes with more than I would’ve imagined before I brought them home.

11. rachel August 1, 2009 at 1:55 am #

KEDS! So classic. I’m not a fan of that converse style, so I definitely say go for the keds, even though I wear converse (chuck taylors) all the time.

12. postalmona August 4, 2009 at 6:28 pm #

WAIT!

YOU DON’T WEAR JEANS!? Everyone needs at least one good pair of jeans! Haha I have like, 12!

• Making it Lovely August 10, 2009 at 1:34 pm #

Nope, I don’t wear jeans. I wear a skirt or a dress pretty much every day. I have a pair of jeans, but even if I wanted to wear them I couldn’t right now (my belly, 3 months postpartum, is just not what it used to be).

13. Making it Lovely August 10, 2009 at 1:32 pm #

Sorry, I forgot to update you all (were you on the edge of your seat?). I went with the red Keds.