My Life The Blog

Brief Random Updates

…after a week of absence while I worked on technical issues.

I have a new home! Er, well, the website does. Thanks for being patient this week as I switched domain registrars and web hosts. And if you’re looking for recommendations, I’d go with GoDaddy for domain registration and Liquid Web for hosting (that’s how I’m all set up now).

On an unrelated note, I do not like my new haircut. As much as I love short blunt bangs on others, I have to remind myself that they do not look cute and artsy on me, they just look bad. I look like Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber. Thinking I should grow my hair out now.

I decided recently that I should own a pair of gym shoes. Or maybe tennis shoes would be the more appropriate name? You know, the non-bulky canvas type of shoes. Seems like something that should be in one’s shoe warddrobe. Now I’m trying to decide which of two pairs I’ll be keeping: blue Converse or red Keds. I like the Converse style (they’re very slim and they have a star on them!), but blue is my least favorite color. If I could combine them into one super sneaker, I’d be all set.

Which Ones?

(Maybe next I’ll buy a pair of dungarees! Or “jeans”, as the kids are calling them these days.)

Guess what… we are having a yard sale tomorrow! Our basement is chock FULL of treasures that will be made available to the general public in the morning. Perhaps I’ll wear my tennies.

That is all.

Sources & Paint ColorsNeed design help? Let's work together.

You Might Also Like...

Brittany B.
    July 17, 2009 at 5:31 pm

I think the red ones are really cute!

When all else fails, keep both of them. :)

Christina
    July 17, 2009 at 5:53 pm

I love Keds, and those red ones are adorable. I vote for them.

We’re also having a garage sale. We have a whole dinning room and living room full of stuff to sell in order to get ready for our move.

DawnMarie
    July 17, 2009 at 6:11 pm

I love the red ones. I am growing out blunt bangs. They looked bad but the growing out may actually be worse.

I wished I lived closer….your yard sale stuff must be fantatstic given your style.

Christy
    July 17, 2009 at 6:15 pm

I vote for the red ones.

desiree fawn
    July 17, 2009 at 6:15 pm

We’re having a yardsale soon too ^_^ As soon as we move to our new place in a couple weeks!

noteverstill
    July 17, 2009 at 6:22 pm

You *have to* get to Target. They have Converse in a style very similar to those – in pink!
    Here’s the link: http://tinyurl.com/ncfw4j

Becky
    July 17, 2009 at 6:34 pm

I vote red. They make your feet look nice and slim – something I have trouble doing with my size 10 wides. Bah.

lori
    July 17, 2009 at 6:38 pm

this isn’t much help now, but i have these and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them!

they even make a new mary jane style:

and even better, a pink version!:

otherwise out of the two you have, i vote for the red pair! good luck!

Miller Industries
    July 17, 2009 at 6:45 pm

RED!

Elizabeth
    July 17, 2009 at 6:46 pm

Go w/ the red!

Michelle
    July 17, 2009 at 6:51 pm

I vote red :)

Audrie
    July 17, 2009 at 6:55 pm

I love red shoes the Keds are my choice :)

Katie
    July 17, 2009 at 6:56 pm

I vote red as well. They’ll get better w/ age too!

corrin
    July 17, 2009 at 6:56 pm

Keep both thanks to your garage sale profits! (And I agree – red Converse would be the ultimate.)

cindy
    July 17, 2009 at 7:37 pm

I can feel your pain with the bangs….i too didnt like my blunt bangs, sometimes i would get a glance of myself in the mirror and think i had a mullet.UGH! they are growing out now, but i still must get them reshaped. all summer i have been pinning them back.

red shoes.
    that is all. ha! love that ending

Jeen-Marie
    July 17, 2009 at 7:40 pm

I think instead of selling your cool stuff at a yard sale, you should let us buy your treasures on etsy! ;)
    I vote for the red ones too.

luuvely
    July 17, 2009 at 8:14 pm

i like the converse better..they can really go with anything..

check out these “mens” converse…i really like the color..i have these…

fashionelk
    July 17, 2009 at 8:45 pm

I buy a new pair of red keds-EVERY FALL. For as long as I can remember. You’ll be surprised how much you wear them, how versitle they are!

robin
    July 17, 2009 at 8:52 pm

i say take them BOTH back and get a pair of red converse!!! sorry about your bangs… ugh. it’s awful to not be happy with your hair!

Nori
    July 17, 2009 at 9:00 pm

I laughed out loud when I read your comment about your bangs. I recently did the same thing. I loved all the blunt bangs I saw on other people so I went for it. After the first snip, I decided it was a BAD decision. For some reason I got a major headache from my bangs hitting the middle of my forehead. When my boyfriend came over later that evening he said, “Hey! How’s my Buster Brown??” I decided to turn lemons into lemonade and invested in a bunch of cute headbands and clippies. :)

I love the red keds!

val
    July 17, 2009 at 9:20 pm

in college i had a very brief, yet traumatic encounter with the blunt baby bangs. thank god they grow out quickly.

i have the canvas converse, but in maroon. i LOVE them. I hope you develop the same fondness for yours!

Reese
    July 17, 2009 at 9:46 pm

red ones :)

Your Mother
    July 17, 2009 at 10:01 pm

I say keep em both! I love Keds and the red ones are really cute but the Converse are cute too. I think you will find you’ll wear them more than you think you will and it will be nice to switch off.

tamstyles
    July 17, 2009 at 10:08 pm

OMG..you are talking like you are 85 years old..I like the red ones for some reason. They slim your foot…and with Keds you can get them in any and every color or with a design…

Nickitysnickity
    July 17, 2009 at 10:14 pm

Have you seen that you can design your own keds?!
    So much fun!
    I also vote red though if not your own design… I’ve got 13 different colored pairs of converse (obsessed yes) and I wear the red the most!

alice
    July 17, 2009 at 11:24 pm

I was going to suggest you design your own pair of Chuck Taylor’s…you can personalize every inch…colors, sitching, fabrics!

Manda
    July 18, 2009 at 3:38 am

I’d kill to go to your yard sale! Damn.

I’d keep the converse, but the red seem more ‘you’. They’re both super cute though!

Barb F (Australia)
    July 18, 2009 at 3:52 am

Like most others, go the red Keds!

Lourdes @ The Higher Nest
    July 18, 2009 at 5:58 am

The Converse are hot. I’m thinking I need a pair of Chucks myself…

Sorry about your bad hair thoughts. I’m crazy about growing mine out, too. Hang in there!

Laurie
    July 18, 2009 at 9:53 am

I like the converse more…if only they were red?!?!

I’ve been thinking about getting bangs alot lately….I’m getting older, no wrinkles in the forehead but I need something to freshen me up, and now you’ve got me scared, I will probably look like Jim Carey as well! All the comments about people hating their bangs, omg, what to do, what to do!

Anyways, enough about me, this is your blog ;) SO GLAD to see you back up and running :)

greengirl
    July 18, 2009 at 11:05 am

I say keep the red Keds – cute and classic – or perhaps another option in pink? :-)

And don’t stress about the bangs – hair grows out, and while it grows out, you can perhaps use some cute barrettes or bobby pins to ease the transition.

Hallie
    July 18, 2009 at 11:19 am

Converse: YES
    Keds: NO

Aside from the fact that I like better the way the Converse look on you, the Keds make even the unsmelliest feet smelly if you wear them without socks.

You’ve had some other cool suggestions above.

Glad you’re back.

Holly
    July 18, 2009 at 12:31 pm

I vote for the Keds!

jbhat
    July 18, 2009 at 12:33 pm

You may find that as Eleanor gets older and more active that there is nothing nicer than sneakers that just slip on. Like Vans or similar. Maybe it’s just me, especially since we tend to take our shoes on and off at the door, but I hate having to tie shoes.

Aside from that, I think the Keds look cuter on your feet.

becky @ farmgirl paints
    July 18, 2009 at 2:03 pm

Both are really cute and don’t worry about the bangs. They grow out really fast!!

Alexandra Marie
    July 18, 2009 at 2:30 pm

Red Keds!
    Always!

Brenda
    July 18, 2009 at 2:40 pm

Keep the red keds. They’re super cute on you! Kinda making me want a pair. :)

Carley
    July 18, 2009 at 3:32 pm

Omg don’t get either!! Delias.com has some great colors of converse shoes!!

kristin
    July 18, 2009 at 7:59 pm

love the keds. but really- what FEELS better is what you should really think. otherwise, why wear tennis shoes, eh?

Fernanda
    July 18, 2009 at 8:15 pm

I prefer the red ones. You seem to have a very feminine style and the blue ones are not that feminine.

Murgies
    July 19, 2009 at 3:32 am

Neither. I see you more as a Chuck Taylor kinda gal!

Dewi
    July 19, 2009 at 9:31 am

Keep both pairs sneakers, you will find a reason to wear them.

Bangs are the bane of every grown women’s existence.
    They sound like a good idea in theory and so hare to resit, but cutest on elementary school girls and a select few grown women.

Your daughter will look fabulous in bangs, by 2 yrs old she will have enough hair to cut into the cutest bangs.

Macy
    July 19, 2009 at 10:56 am

Hm. Both look lovely to me. :)

And oh I love yard sales! Although I admit I perfer to be the one buying than selling, I tend to be attached to my stuff. On the other hand, pre-loved items are always special because well, they have their own history.

Lucitebox
    July 19, 2009 at 12:58 pm

Dang! I wish I had visited your blog yesterday. I’d have enjoyed buying at a rummage sale at your place.

As to the shoes–Converse, Chuck Taylor low top–best sneaker ever and any color you can imagine.

Lisa
    July 19, 2009 at 1:45 pm

I didn’t read all the comments and perhaps someone else already said this, but you can design your own Converse on their website. :)

Jane
    July 19, 2009 at 5:00 pm

Keep both – it’s better for you and the shoes. Wear one pair one day, the other the next. It’s healthy for you as the shoes air out, less bacteria, and the shoes last longer – as they can air out. In the long run it’s no more expensive as the shoes last longer. also, I imagine both pairs are washable – so one pair could be washed (& air drying) and you’d still have one to wear. ( I wash my shoes like this even if they say not to)

If I was to pick – red – no doubt about it.

kate
    July 19, 2009 at 9:09 pm

Red. Go with the red. I think it is so unusual that your least favorite color is blue, as it seems to be popular among so many.

Dorm Bedding
    July 19, 2009 at 10:07 pm

I tried the bangs look too & absolutely hated them. I think they’re really hard to pull off, although I like yours :)

gillian
    July 20, 2009 at 1:36 am

I love the red because they make your feet seems dainty. The blue is less flattering (although it may be parallax error). Can you take the photo with the shoes on the other feet?

kristen verity
    July 20, 2009 at 7:27 am

I vote for the red Keds!

Megan
    July 20, 2009 at 8:03 am

The red sneakers look cuter. I say go with those.

Something totally random: I saw these curtains at Pier 1 and they reminded me of the fabric you want for your library. Have you see them?

cinnamon girl
    July 20, 2009 at 10:15 am

Hello, I’m a big fan of your blog. I find your posting very spontaneous and your styling inspiring and helpful for others.
    Just to let you know I gave an Award to you!
    Come to my blog collect your Award, I won’t mind if you will choose to don’t post about it.
    Ciao, Cinnamon Girl

julie.
    July 20, 2009 at 11:32 am

I love tennies like that for the Summer – with a skirt they are super cute.

thank you for saving me from a bang disaster. I have been fooling with the idea of bangs, but often suspect my hair is to fine to go that route. I do love how it looks on most hipsters I see. Yours probably don’t look nearly as bad as you think, and will grow back out fast!

Nuit
    July 20, 2009 at 12:04 pm

AWW I wish I lived closer to you, I surely wouldnt miss that yard sale!!!

Jill Browning
    July 20, 2009 at 12:13 pm

Definitely the red ones! They remind me of the gym shoes I had in kindergarten (circa 1983). The blue ones are too masculine, considering how girly you are :)

Tiffany
    July 20, 2009 at 2:22 pm

i am wearing those converse but they are a burgandy color – they are my favorite! they were only $29 at target, you should check maybe they still have some in this color!

kate
    July 20, 2009 at 8:34 pm

I have those blue converse ones (bought at target). I love them and get a million compliments whenever I wear them! You can wear them with dresses, jumpers, or jeans. Darling!

Stacy of KSW
    July 21, 2009 at 9:53 pm

Hi Nicole,
    Here’s hoping your little one is starting to sleep through the night. My son (born a few weeks prior) just started sleeping through the nights this week.

Anyway, I can understand your desire for some cute comfy sneakers (I like the red by the way) but I couldnt resist sharing these cute shoes with you. As soon as I saw them, I thought of you. Did you ever buy that cute teal maternity dress from Wal-Mart for $12? I never got around to it myself.

Take care and enjoy your newborn,

Stacy of KSW

Making it Lovely
      August 10, 2009 at 1:35 pm

I never got around to buying that dress either! It was cute though. :)

rhonda
    July 21, 2009 at 10:03 pm

Red is my vote. Not that you were asking.

Haus
    July 22, 2009 at 11:03 pm

I have a pair of pale pink Converse from Target – classic and cute, and the pink goes with more than I would’ve imagined before I brought them home.

rachel
    August 1, 2009 at 1:55 am

KEDS! So classic. I’m not a fan of that converse style, so I definitely say go for the keds, even though I wear converse (chuck taylors) all the time.

postalmona
    August 4, 2009 at 6:28 pm

WAIT!

YOU DON’T WEAR JEANS!? Everyone needs at least one good pair of jeans! Haha I have like, 12!

Making it Lovely
      August 10, 2009 at 1:34 pm

Nope, I don’t wear jeans. I wear a skirt or a dress pretty much every day. I have a pair of jeans, but even if I wanted to wear them I couldn’t right now (my belly, 3 months postpartum, is just not what it used to be).

Making it Lovely
    August 10, 2009 at 1:32 pm

Sorry, I forgot to update you all (were you on the edge of your seat?). I went with the red Keds.