Window Treatments

22 Responses to “Window Treatments”

1. thevitas November 10, 2009 at 5:37 pm #

Nice!

I see that you have three cats – I want curtains in some of my rooms, but I am afraid of my two cats climbing up on them. Do you have any problems with your cats? Did you train them not to? How?

• Making it Lovely November 10, 2009 at 9:41 pm #

The cats pretty much leave the curtains alone, but we do shoosh them away from things when needed.

2. Jen P. November 10, 2009 at 5:42 pm #

How funny you posted this – I just made those same style curtains this week! Thanks for sharing – can’t wait to check out the link.

3. Stacy November 10, 2009 at 5:56 pm #

I just love your house. You have decorated it beautifully and quite adorable! The knobs in your kitchen, both the silver and green knobs…where did you purchase them? They are just too cute!

• Making it Lovely November 10, 2009 at 9:40 pm #

The green knobs came from Anthropologie and the silver pulls were from Restoration Hardware.

4. nicole November 10, 2009 at 6:29 pm #

I love your curtain selections…especially the kitchen amy butler ones!

5. Miss Mustard Seed November 10, 2009 at 7:28 pm #

What a great fabric. Very fresh & fun! And the ribbon is perfection. I can’t wait to check out the rest of your blog.

6. Paula November 10, 2009 at 7:41 pm #

Love the floral fabric! So refreshing :)

7. Adventures in Dressmaking November 10, 2009 at 9:25 pm #

I love all the bright colored and printed fabrics you use as curtains in otherwise simple-lined rooms–I will have to try it in my place! Thanks for the beautiful pics and inspiration!

8. tara November 10, 2009 at 10:19 pm #

Love the sources page. Any ideas on where to obtain such a darling baby to go with the beautiful fabrics and paints? Just kidding! She’s such a scene stealer. It must be hard to be that cute!

9. marie November 11, 2009 at 4:54 am #

Nicole, you are a superstar!

10. Sara@AugustFields November 11, 2009 at 6:35 am #

i am loving your resource section…thank you! it will be very helpful for me in the near future :) love your style!

11. In Honor Of Design November 11, 2009 at 9:13 am #

You have a great eye for fabrics. Love all your curtains!

12. Sean November 11, 2009 at 12:10 pm #

I’m just envious of the fact that your windows are sized perfectly for off-the-shelf window treatments. I’ve always had to custom order ($$$$).

13. jhoanna November 11, 2009 at 12:21 pm #

Love your kitchen curtains. How did you make them? I’ve been wanting to make my own roman shades but everything I’ve looked at looks difficult.
    Thanks!

14. Amanda November 11, 2009 at 1:18 pm #

Hello Nicole,

I LOVE your kitchen curtains. I too am wondering how you made them. Are they simple panels with ribbon sewn on? Please share! Thanks!

15. Erin @ SYL: Slipcover Your Life November 11, 2009 at 4:47 pm #

What an awesome resource! Thanks for adding!

16. Molly November 12, 2009 at 5:24 pm #

Thanks for the resources and inspiration!

17. Erica November 25, 2009 at 9:42 am #

I love your kitchen curtains! Where did you get the pattern to make them, and how are they hung? I need to make some curtains for my windows and could use the help!

Thanks!

18. John Cavity February 22, 2010 at 12:51 am #

Thank you for sharing a simple but unique way of doing up kitchen windows. My wife would be very surprised when I send her your article, she is not going to believe that I find (and read) this myself!

19. Amanda June 3, 2010 at 11:05 am #

I LOVE your kitchen curtains. In fact, I love them so much I made something similar for my office. You can see it here: http://ourhumbleabowed.wordpress.com/2010/06/02/office-progress-2/

Thanks for the inspiration!!

20. Matt O Doors May 27, 2011 at 3:27 am #

Cats can be trained just like any other animal. You must begin when young, as the saying cannot teach an old dog new tricks is simply true!