Eight Months Old (Eleanor’s Monthly Photo)

Eight Months Old (Eleanor's Monthly Photo)
Eight Months Old (Eleanor's Monthly Photo)

(I’ll be taking a photo of Eleanor sitting in the Eames rocker and wearing her pin each month until she’s two years old.)

Previous Photos
One Month OldTwo Months OldThree Months OldFour Months OldFive Months OldSix Months OldSeven Months OldView All

43 Responses to “Eight Months Old (Eleanor’s Monthly Photo)”

1. Jacky Hackett December 29, 2009 at 2:50 pm #

Love these pictures. Do you, or will you be, selling those pins in your store? I think they would make such a great baby gift.

2. uchenna December 29, 2009 at 2:53 pm #

great collage nicole!

3. COCOCOZY December 29, 2009 at 3:12 pm #

What a cutie!

Coco

4. Sandra December 29, 2009 at 3:15 pm #

Sure is growing up fast! And she loves her mommy’s taste in xmas trees. :)

5. Viv December 29, 2009 at 3:40 pm #

Adorable. I think it is going to get harder to keep her still for a photograph as she gets older.

6. Carm December 29, 2009 at 3:54 pm #

I think this might be my favorite one! I just love how she’s reaching over to play with the tree. Well done!

7. Nancy December 29, 2009 at 4:49 pm #

She’s adorable, and you will cherish these photos forever! What a wondeful idea – great styling too :) thank you for sharing!

8. Terri December 29, 2009 at 4:53 pm #

She’s beautiful!

9. Anna December 29, 2009 at 5:17 pm #

Oh, what creamy, pinky, goodness! Love, love the photos.

10. Christina December 29, 2009 at 5:22 pm #

Just lovely! Such a clever shot to show that it was Christmas with out being overwhelming. :)

11. Audrie December 29, 2009 at 5:32 pm #

She’s so gorgeous! Those chub chub legs are just delicious.

12. Bonnie December 29, 2009 at 5:34 pm #

If I run into you in Oak Park/Chicago, may I give sweet Eleanor a big squeeze? These photos bring back such dear memories of my sweet, squeezable babes!

13. Jen P. December 29, 2009 at 6:44 pm #

This is so precious with her admiring the tree!

14. rachel December 29, 2009 at 6:48 pm #

i love her adorable chubby legs!!!

15. Kathleen December 29, 2009 at 7:01 pm #

I can’t believe after 8 months of these adorable photos that I’m still on the pill.

16. catpower December 29, 2009 at 8:04 pm #

Awww…. I am gonna copy this when i have a baby! I am currently searching for the father. :)

PS- where is that rug from. I want.

17. Grace December 29, 2009 at 9:23 pm #

I LOVE this one! What a great display of her personality. :)

18. Carly December 29, 2009 at 9:45 pm #

This is an absolutely adorable idea!

19. Vic December 29, 2009 at 10:24 pm #

What a wonderful idea… and such an amazing way to track the growth of your beautiful daughter! These photos will definitely be something she treasures when she is older.

20. fusun December 30, 2009 at 6:33 am #

Dear Nicole,Your blog very nice.I like it and your daughter
    is so gorgeous.

21. Caitlin December 30, 2009 at 8:10 am #

I love how she’s toying with the Christmas tree!

22. Amanda December 30, 2009 at 9:46 am #

She’s too cute. I love how she’s playing with the tree and isn’t focusing on the camera. Oh distractions.

What do you plan on doing with these photos at the 2 year mark? I think it would be adorable to make a book out of them!

23. luuve December 30, 2009 at 10:04 am #

she is adorable..i love how she looks like she’s casually relaxing on the rocker! lol super cute…

24. jbhat December 30, 2009 at 11:12 am #

What a shot! I want to munch on her leggies. So plump and inviting!

25. Quinn December 30, 2009 at 11:21 am #

Love this idea!! She is so beautiful!! And, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your pink walls.

26. Nuit December 30, 2009 at 12:41 pm #

THIs one is my favorite, she is such a good model! and getting more and more gorgeous everyday… just lovely =D

27. Cat December 30, 2009 at 1:50 pm #

Aww, she’s such a little character! Congratulations again – she’s beautiful!

28. Katherine aka. Urban Flea December 30, 2009 at 2:01 pm #

that’s such a wonderful series of photos! what a cutie pie! congrats on the homie nomination my dear!

xo katherine aka. urban flea :)

29. robin December 30, 2009 at 8:33 pm #

precious :O)

30. amyks January 2, 2010 at 9:35 am #

Love that picture!

31. Natasha January 4, 2010 at 6:57 pm #

I love how the progression of photos really illustrates her developmental milestones – at 4 months, she’s putting everything in her mouth (teething), at 6 months she is sitting up by herself and at 8 months she starting to get mobile and is grabbing for everything in sight. I also have an 8 month old daughter and she is into everything.

I love your blog and voted for you in the Homies today. Good luck!

32. Bria Erskine January 5, 2010 at 7:54 am #

Just came across your site from Apartment Therapy…love it. What a great idea for tracking the growth of your little one. Wish I had thought of that :) Congrats on the nomination.

33. kristen_verity January 5, 2010 at 9:43 pm #

The legs! The legs! Sigh.

34. Danette January 9, 2010 at 7:08 pm #

Oh my goodness. She is adorable.

Love the photos, very well done.

I will keep up with her progress….;)

35. Erika January 13, 2010 at 2:15 pm #

hello! Your daughter is absolutely adorable! I was just wondering about the gold leaves on the end table in the background. Is that a tree? Individual branches? Not tree-y at all? I’m asking because my grandparents had a gold metal tree with lots of little gold leaves like that, that I’m trying and trying to find but no one has a clue what I’m talking about. It was circa late 60s early 70s. And the gold leaves in this picture, whatever they’re attached to, look like the same gold leaves from this tree I’m so earnestly searching for. So…just wondering where you got it! Thanks!

36. Natalie January 13, 2010 at 11:16 pm #

What a great idea…and the composition of the photo is perfect, too. Adore your blog – you are one talented lady! xo

37. Ludmila January 15, 2010 at 2:28 pm #

ADORABLE!!!Your girl is too cute,little angel!!!

38. ning fathia January 23, 2010 at 3:59 am #

aaaw Eleanor look better each month, or is it just me?

Great idea, I love photographing my baby each month too, but never thought of using the same props, the same lighting, and the same dress every month. LOVE IT!

1. Portrait – January 20, 2010 - January 20, 2010

[...] by Eleanor over at Making It Lovely, I decided to take a picture of Sydney every month — on the 20th — to document her [...]

2. Come on, make it lovely. « Maundering Me - January 21, 2010

[...] the so-so.” The website often covers home decor, but also discusses fashion, art, photography, crafts, and [...]

3. Making it Lovely | Transforming the so-so. » Blog Archive » Nine Months Old (Eleanor’s Monthly Photo) - January 29, 2010

[...] Previous photos: One Month Old • Two Months Old • Three Months Old • Four Months Old • Five Months Old • Six Months Old • Seven Months Old • Eight Months Old [...]

4. Making it Lovely | Transforming the so-so. » Blog Archive » Twelve Months Old (Eleanor’s Monthly Photo) - April 29, 2010

[...] Months Old • Four Months Old • Five Months Old • Six Months Old • Seven Months Old • Eight Months Old • Nine Months Old • Ten Months Old • Eleven Months Old Parenthood | Related [...]

5. Thirteen Months Old (Eleanor’s Monthly Photo) | Making it Lovely - January 13, 2011

[...] Months Old • Four Months Old • Five Months Old • Six Months Old • Seven Months Old • Eight Months Old • Nine Months Old • Ten Months Old • Eleven Months Old • Twelve Months Old • View All [...]