My Office No Longer Looks Like This

My Office

Not that it looked all that bad, but I knew it could be better. I had my cubes on the other side of the room.

My Office

My office was one of the first rooms we set up when we moved in nearly three years ago. We had to do it right away since I work from home, but I’ve been contemplating a redo for quite some time.

We used to have CD towers on each side of the cubes, but we were able to get rid of those now that we’re consolidating all of our media storage into Brandon’s office. Getting rid of those towers allowed me to rearrange the room, and having an electrician add a second outlet allowed me to move my computer. I have a new desk and some new storage, and soon I will take new photos for you!

32 Responses to “My Office No Longer Looks Like This”

1. Jessica December 30, 2009 at 7:57 am #

There’s nothing quite like an office makeover at the New Year, is there? I’ve been rearranging mine, too, and am feeling so much more creative! Can’t wait to see what you’ve done.

2. Kate December 30, 2009 at 8:35 am #

and you hired new staff! She looks very productive! :)

3. Robbyn December 30, 2009 at 8:38 am #

What a tease!

4. Rebecca December 30, 2009 at 9:04 am #

I can’t wait to see what you do!

5. Rebekah Coleman-Brahler December 30, 2009 at 9:46 am #

Can’t wait to see the new set up!

My sis-in-law got me some of your notecards for Christmas and they are just lovely!!!

6. luuve December 30, 2009 at 10:05 am #

ha i agree with robbyn! hahah such a big tease! can’t wait to see what you’ve done!

7. Cristina December 30, 2009 at 10:22 am #

Ohhh the suspense! First with the kitchen now the office! Now you’re gonna make me want to redo my house, haha!

8. hishouse;herhelp. December 30, 2009 at 10:31 am #

omg you should change the name of your blog to something having to do with PINK! i didn’t realize your office was so PINK! you rock! looking forward to seeing the new space! i have to say though, the draperies are a little to BRIGHT for my liking; maybe those will be part of the changes? we’ll see!

• Making it Lovely December 30, 2009 at 10:37 am #

My office is actually too pink. I want to paint it and change the curtains, but that will happen a little later.

9. Laurie December 30, 2009 at 10:56 am #

Too pink?? And I was just getting ready to say that I loved the curtains!! Can’t wait for the photos, I hope since you’ve been putting Eleanor to work she’ll have her special space too!

10. stephen December 30, 2009 at 11:30 am #

Loved the old style, cant wait to see what you come up with. Inspired to change my office look….maybe Ill get more done :)

11. Jules December 30, 2009 at 12:56 pm #

I can’t wait to see it! Remember when you tried to put your desk facing the door in the middle of the room? I think you said it looked like the customer service desk at a Washington Mutual.

…and having said that, now I am hoping that you don’t have it in the middle of the room.

• Making it Lovely December 30, 2009 at 12:59 pm #

Ha! It did! I don’t think I even took pictures of that setup – I was too eager to switch it back. ;)

12. Meredith from Penelope Loves Lists December 30, 2009 at 6:32 pm #

Wait, did you say TOO pink? I don’t believe it. Can’t wait to see the new re-do.

And, isn’t something as simple as putting in another outlet sometimes totally room-chaning?

13. Lesley @ TheDesignFile December 30, 2009 at 9:39 pm #

Can’t wait to see it!

And I do like the pink, although I know what it’s like to want a change.

14. Alma December 30, 2009 at 10:28 pm #

Is that a tablet in your keyboard tray? I absolutely loathe keyboard trays because I find typing on them very awkward, but maybe I’d use one for a permanent place for my tablet… Smart!

• Making it Lovely January 1, 2010 at 8:54 am #

Yes, that’s a Wacom tablet. I love keyboard trays though – part of the reason I got a new desk was so that I could fit my keyboard AND the tablet on the tray!

15. Christy December 31, 2009 at 8:29 pm #

Gosh, what a great looking room! I love it!

16. ruthie January 1, 2010 at 8:05 am #

would love to know where that chair is from, its amazing? :-)

17. Kelly January 1, 2010 at 10:07 am #

Looks so cute! Where is the new desk from?

18. viv January 4, 2010 at 2:32 pm #

Ooh! I love the curtains! Where did you get it?

19. Jazmin January 6, 2010 at 12:41 pm #

I can’t wait! When are we getting the update pictures? I’ve been checking back daily (from my mobile phone) to see if you’ve posted the new pictures.

• Making it Lovely January 6, 2010 at 12:48 pm #

I’m working on the post right now. :)

• Jazmin January 6, 2010 at 4:19 pm #

Thank you :) BTW: Love the new layout.

20. Jenya January 6, 2010 at 1:46 pm #

It’s so beautiful but I can’t wait see what you did. You are so super duper talented and I love your style so I already like your new office even though I didn’t see it yet, hahaha!

21. Shoshana January 8, 2010 at 1:03 am #

You are so crazy talented. How do you feel about expedit by the way? I’ve heard that it can look cheap in white and I’m trying to decide whether to get them for the toys in my living room?

22. Liz January 14, 2010 at 11:28 pm #

this is gorgeous but all I can think about is those curtains??!! there amazing; where did you get them? could you please email me – lizleeaisp@yahoo.com. I would greatly appreciate it!

23. Cathy May 27, 2010 at 10:24 pm #

What a lovely office space! It’s so girly and fun, yet very functional. I’ve just featured your space on my blog: http://spritzofyellow.blogspot.com/2010/05/office-space.html.

1. Making it Lovely | Transforming the so-so. » Blog Archive » My Office, Rearranged - January 6, 2010

[...] already shown you what my office doesn’t look like. Would you like to see the way it does look [...]