Style: January ’10

ZOMG, pants!

Style: January '10

Occasionally, maybe ten times a year, I do wear them. And I would definitely wear these cute white pants, so I put together a casual little style post featuring them. I’m also completely in love with that necklace by spinthread (seen here on Erin), so I had to include that as well. The open collar of the shirt would show it off nicely, orange shoes would be cute peeking out from beneath the pants, and I like the mix of bright white with the ivory color of the bag.

p.s. This outfit would also look mighty fine with a white skirt and brown knee-high riding boots. I’m just sayin’.

38 Responses to “Style: January ’10”

1. Katie January 14, 2010 at 2:20 pm #

Very cute! But what about the “rule” of no white bottoms after labor day?

I really dig the necklace, very unique!

2. jodi January 14, 2010 at 2:26 pm #

love everything about this!

3. lauren @thelittlethingswedo January 14, 2010 at 2:43 pm #

that necklace is uh-may-zing. i want it…in a bad way. the whole outfit is super cute too…although i could never pull off white pants…they’d be dirty in two seconds flat!

4. linz January 14, 2010 at 2:43 pm #

LOVE this… although I bet that top costs a pretty penny (darn you, anthropologie!)… wonder if you could get a similar one at forever 21 or old navy?

5. pam January 14, 2010 at 2:48 pm #

I would so wear this outfit – it screams me me me! I can’t wait for warmer weather and bright cheerful summer clothes!

6. Bobbi January 14, 2010 at 2:53 pm #

Now THAT is a lovely outfit. I LOVE THE SHIRT.

Anthro sent me a coupon for my upcoming birthday… I may have to go in and buy a new shirt! :)

7. catherine s. January 14, 2010 at 4:32 pm #

wowsas! heart this outfit – i’m off to grab my denim jcrew jacket in case it’s chilly when spring rolls around in the midwest – thanks for brightening my day here – the necklace rocks, but i love those shoes (the color) and the detail on that purse. lovely.

8. Kate January 14, 2010 at 4:45 pm #

Love, love, love! I look forward to your style posts; they’re so inspirational. That little necklace is all sorts of cute.

9. Sue January 14, 2010 at 4:53 pm #

So sorry to say, I like all but the white pants. Unless you are under 120 pds and under the age of 25, white pants usually dont look good on anyone that I have ever seen…

10. Amanda January 14, 2010 at 5:42 pm #

One of my favorites yet! I’m looking for work clothes for Rome that are a bit less business and a bit more casual- this would work perfect! I’ll be with a client but we’re never walking around a destination doing a site inspection in suits. Can’t wait to check out the pants and shoes this weekend!

11. Valerie January 14, 2010 at 7:15 pm #

perfect taste, as usual! I would totally wear this for a casual client meeting, tough I might put a camy underneath that v-neck tee!

12. April January 14, 2010 at 7:45 pm #

As someone who is OBSESSED with right triangles and in love with color, that necklace, my oh my, I must have it!

13. Kim at Yellow Brick Home January 14, 2010 at 7:58 pm #

Love, love love that you paired ivory with those clean, white pants.

14. Jen at Chicken Fried Sushi January 14, 2010 at 8:41 pm #

Love. Love! Love every piece and LOVE them all together!

15. Amanda January 14, 2010 at 11:54 pm #

I really like that bag and those ballet flats are adorable!

16. lindsey clare January 15, 2010 at 4:41 am #

lovely outfit. that necklace is incredible! thanks for sharing.

i disagree with Sue – i know my mum has some fitted white pants and she is neither under 25 or very thin, and she looks great!

17. Lulita January 15, 2010 at 6:27 am #

Most women are pear-shaped which means that we are wider from the waist down. White widens optically and dark colors make you look thinner, especially in contrast. If you are pear-shaped and you wear this outfit, you’ll be accentuating the bulkiness from your waist/tummy down and minimizing your torso. This is not a bad a idea per se, but most women aren’t professional swimmers. This said, the items are beautifully chosen and the theorethical combination is excellent.

• Duckwise January 15, 2010 at 9:49 am #

You know, I disagree in this respect: I think a pair of well-tailored white pants can flatter anyone celery or pear-shaped (provided the trousers are either a thick material or lined). There’s something that’s so classy about the look, which doesn’t work the same if say, the pants are another light shade (like mint, or beige (shudder))

I don’t wear pants either, but I would maybe try these. I love this blog.

18. Erika January 15, 2010 at 9:57 am #

This is my favorite “Style” yet!!! Beautiful colors and PANTS! I’ll take pants over a skirt any day; they are more flattering on me.
    I have been looking for some basic flats; perhaps I’ll mosey on over to gap.com :)

19. seesaw designs January 15, 2010 at 10:31 am #

i’ve got one of those necklaces from spinthread and I LOVE IT. great outfit!

-angela

20. yoli January 15, 2010 at 12:01 pm #

lovely blog

21. Nuit January 15, 2010 at 1:00 pm #

the necklace is to die!!!! love the ballerina flats too! gorgeous picks =D

22. julie @ duet letterpress January 15, 2010 at 1:22 pm #

super cute!

23. Lynett January 15, 2010 at 4:33 pm #

I just spent about 2 hours going through your blog! You have amazing style!

24. Kylie @ All Things Lovely January 15, 2010 at 5:51 pm #

Ooh, I <3 those shoes. Very cute!

25. Jill January 15, 2010 at 9:51 pm #

love this look…especially that necklace! i’ve had my eye on her shop for awhile, so lovely!

26. Mrs. D January 15, 2010 at 10:15 pm #

I want this entire outfit. So cute!

27. Miss B. January 15, 2010 at 11:31 pm #

You have the best style, really, I am so boring and you always put together a great mix which I feel would work with different body types. I am uhm, very top heavy and dress in tent top tops but this looks doable to me and I love when you do these posts, thank you!!

28. Jesse Lu January 15, 2010 at 11:55 pm #

OMG, I totally hearted that necklace the other day. Her work is soooo phenomenal. When I have and extra couple hundred layng around, you know…

29. Jesse Lu January 15, 2010 at 11:55 pm #

OMG, I totally hearted that necklace on etsy the other day. Her work is phenomenal. When I have and extra couple hundred layng around, you know…

30. Beth January 16, 2010 at 9:34 am #

I think this is one of my favorite style posts that you’ve done. So cute!

31. Lydia, Clueless Crafter January 16, 2010 at 10:55 am #

That necklace is heartbreaking as a necklace. I love robust, geometric prints; it needs to be a purse to relish the color and texture.

Good god, should I try to make this?;-)

32. Amanda T January 16, 2010 at 6:25 pm #

Are you one of those people that never gets cold? I would love to wear dresses more, but I always end up in pants cuz I know I’ll get cold (and I live in TX, not N. IL!). I’m just thin skinned which I think is why I’m always cold anyway, and of course in summer everywhere blasts AC.

I think white pants are super chic, but I’m always afraid I’ll walk around with a spot on my butt all day and no one will tell me.

33. Allison January 16, 2010 at 8:57 pm #

Love the bag, and it’s affordable too!

34. cheryl January 18, 2010 at 2:58 pm #

Love those white pants. I’m a pants girl save skirts in the summer. Except now I’m pregnant again and man – maternity pants just suck for the most part!

35. Cadie January 19, 2010 at 6:36 am #

This post is yet another reason why it’s a good thing Anthropologie doesn’t offer a credit card (or if they do that I have no clue that they do).

36. Kezia January 19, 2010 at 8:50 am #

Great style you got there, Nicole! I love the necklace, i think it will made such a nice big statement piece :-)

Anyway, just curious, what font do you use for the description of the items? I have tried to find that exact style of font but had no luck so far.

37. Amanda January 20, 2010 at 11:19 pm #

I went to buy the ballet flats tonight, with my 40% Wednesday Nights in January savings coupon from Gap, but they didn’t live up to expectations- so sad! They were a great color but didn’t look so great on my feet, sadly. I’m still after a pair of white pants though so those are on my check-list for this weekend. Have a great time in SLC! If they’re getting any of the snow that is coming to Western Colorado you’re in for a real doozy!!