Parenting

Thirteen Months Old (Eleanor’s Monthly Photo)

Thirteen Months Old (Eleanor's Monthly Photo)
Eleanor's Monthly Photo (The First Twelve Months)

Onesies are so last year. New year, new dress (in several sizes of course). New camera tricks too; I’m finally shooting with my DSLR in manual mode. The photos from this session are grainier than I’d like, but I aim to improve.

(I’ll be taking a photo of Eleanor sitting in the Eames rocker and wearing her pin each month until she’s two years old.)

Previous Photos
One Month OldTwo Months OldThree Months OldFour Months OldFive Months OldSix Months OldSeven Months OldEight Months OldNine Months OldTen Months OldEleven Months OldTwelve Months OldView All

Sources & Paint ColorsNeed design help? Let's work together.

You Might Also Like...

Desiree Fawn
    May 29, 2010 at 2:05 pm

So cool ^_^
    I love that you’ve kept this up — she’s a doll!

Adventures In Babywearing
    May 29, 2010 at 2:07 pm

Beautiful lighting! I love the softness! I am determined to figure out my DSLR one of these days.

Steph

Ludmila {CreamyLife.com}
    May 29, 2010 at 2:10 pm

she is adorable, Nicole! I can’t get enough of her! sweetie!

robin
    May 29, 2010 at 2:18 pm

do they make that dress in my size!? so cute… i say keep doing the series till she’s 18 yrs old… or more! :o)

robin
    May 29, 2010 at 2:18 pm

do they make that dress in my size?! so cute! i say keep doing the series till she’s 18 yrs old… or more! :O)

callie grayson
    May 29, 2010 at 2:24 pm

She so adorable! I love these posts of her, such a fabulous idea.
    xx
    callie

Elizabeth
    May 29, 2010 at 2:25 pm

Adorable, as always! Is that a monkey on your side table? Love your playful style :)

Making it Lovely
      May 29, 2010 at 8:36 pm

We didn’t have any fresh flowers in the house, so the monkey filled in. :)

victoria
    May 29, 2010 at 2:28 pm

so sweet and adorable! wonderful shots, nicole! :)

Lexie
    May 29, 2010 at 2:34 pm

She is so adorable!

Is that chair very comfortable? I’m going to be a first time mother in December, and I’m trying to find a good chair for the nursery. I want to find something that is comfortable enough for late-night nursing, but that doesn’t take up much space.

Making it Lovely
      May 29, 2010 at 8:38 pm

The chair is great. I prefer something more squishy and cozy for late night feedings, but that’s a matter of preference.

Janice
    May 29, 2010 at 2:37 pm

As in the previous 12 months – nothing but adorable. She’s growing up before our very eyes. Play with your ISO, that may solve the graininess issue. A higher ISO gives more grain.

Jenna
    May 29, 2010 at 2:44 pm

Adorable. I have a thirteen month old too. More Eleanore posts please!

Gina
    May 29, 2010 at 2:45 pm

I love seeing the pictures of Eleanor each month. Why are you stopping at 2 years? You could continue to take her picture every year on her birthday in the chair. Please don’t stop.

Making it Lovely
      May 29, 2010 at 8:39 pm

Yes, I’m planning to take yearly shots after the monthly project is over.

Ali
    May 29, 2010 at 2:48 pm

Adorable. I think she and Anna would get along so well :).

Vonnie
    May 29, 2010 at 2:54 pm

Every time I see a new photo of Eleanor, I wish I’d done something like this with my kids. Lovely lovely lovely – and isn’t she getting BIG!

cassie
    May 29, 2010 at 2:55 pm

adorable!

Felicity Lingle
    May 29, 2010 at 3:19 pm

Really cute!! I agree with Robin, keep this project up until she’s 18 or beyond.

michelle
    May 29, 2010 at 4:17 pm

I love that she is rockin the mullet!!!

carie
    May 29, 2010 at 5:33 pm

She’s such a cutie pie!

I have almost the same camera. Learning manual mode can be tricky. The graininess you are experiencing is from the ISO being set at 1600. You could try ISO 200 or 400 and adjust the shutter speed, using a tripod if needed.

jbhat
    May 29, 2010 at 6:49 pm

Love the girl, love the dress, love it.

Happy 13th!

claire
    May 29, 2010 at 6:55 pm

the older she gets the more she looks like you!

Kathleen
    May 29, 2010 at 7:12 pm

I know I say it every time, but what. a. cutie.

Melissa de la Fuente
    May 29, 2010 at 8:28 pm

Aw….these photos are always so wonderful! She is just absolutely beautiful & what a great capture!
    xo
    Melis

noni
    May 29, 2010 at 9:01 pm

What ISO are you shooting at? The higher the ISO, the grainier the pictures are. Since you’re in front of a window in a room with good light you shouldn’t be higher than 300! (Just a friendly little tip from a photog. ;o))

Audrie
    May 29, 2010 at 10:29 pm

Soooooooooooo cute! Love the dress :)

Mandy
    May 29, 2010 at 10:57 pm

Love these progression pics. Bravo to you for going manual!

Next time I would start playing at ISO 800 and something like 3.2 for aperture (that way you can get a faster shutter speed). 1600 is what caused a lot of your graininess in this one. It looks like you have wonderful natural light in your house so you wouldn’t need 1600 in the middle of the day. You might even be able to get great results from ISO 400. I wouldn’t do 200/300.

Also try going manual on your Exposure settings. It’s a lot to all get going in the same direction but once you get comfortable with choosing your ISO and aperture, the exposure will be easy and you’ll be amazed at your photos!

Licia
    May 30, 2010 at 1:27 am

She’s precious. I wish I’d done this with my boys!

AbraCat
    May 30, 2010 at 6:19 am

This is so sweet– what a treasure for Eleanor when she’s older.

christina
    May 30, 2010 at 12:16 pm

love the new dress! Year two will be fun because her hair will really start to come in like crazy!

Dana
    May 30, 2010 at 12:48 pm

So sweet! Congratulations on shooting manual!!! Of course, you will always have to use whatever ISO you need indoors to keep you shutter up above at least 1/125 to avoid blur with an active toddler, but try opening up your lens more(like using a smaller aperature–as wide open as possible…a great lens is a 50mm 1.4). If you open your aperature more you will be able to lower your ISO. If your gear is limiting you and you want to try something else–try running the image through a noise reduction software. I prefer Neat Image, but there is also “Noiseware”. I, personally, like grain :) but Neat Image would solve the issue in this particular image. Love your blog!

Kimbydee
    May 30, 2010 at 3:20 pm

She’s getting so big! Love it.

Violet
    May 30, 2010 at 3:47 pm

She’s so adorable! I wish I had done something similar to this with my 18mo old.. they grow so fast!

Jenny
    May 30, 2010 at 6:03 pm

Dang. I started reading this blog shortly before you announced you had a bun baking and now Eleanor is 13 months old! Time flies. I work with mostly children Eleanor’s age so I’m sure your hands are full. She is a cutie cute.

Kathy
    May 30, 2010 at 7:00 pm

You are the most together person I’ve ever seen! When do you sleep?! You mentioned you were going to stop the photos when Eleanor is 2. You might consider continuing the tradition with photos every year in that same chair. You will love having them one day when she is all grown up….and more importantly, Eleanor will love having them! My own baby girl turned 21 yesterday (May 29) and I don’t know where the years went!

Natalie
    May 31, 2010 at 7:11 pm

She is so pretty! Love the dress :)

Jess
    June 1, 2010 at 8:04 am

What a fantastic gift you are giving Eleanor – it will be fun for her to have when she is grown up (and for her children!). The scary thing is that will before you know it. BTW I love your blog.

Allison
    June 1, 2010 at 9:10 am

What a sweet pea! She’s a beauty. :)

Beau
    June 1, 2010 at 10:01 am

This is such a great project and what a lovely dress she’s wearing.

Jessica
    June 1, 2010 at 2:22 pm

Adorable. She looks like such a little lady in this one. I’ve loved seeing her grow!

Miss B
    June 1, 2010 at 2:31 pm

Oh gosh, she’s getting so big so fast! Gorgeous

Oonafey
    June 1, 2010 at 7:52 pm

I can’t believe how much bigger she has gotten just in the last month!

Karyn
    June 2, 2010 at 1:12 pm

She has changed so much in this last month! Adorable as always. I too wish I’d done monthly shots with my little ones. It’s a great idea.

Samantha
    June 3, 2010 at 4:24 pm

So sweet, and what a great idea! ~Sam

Beth Dotolo
    June 4, 2010 at 8:09 am

I love this!! Although, I have PLENTY of pics since my hubs is a professional photographer… I so wish I has done something like this! She is precious!

Di
    June 4, 2010 at 11:28 am

Came by way of Simple Lovely….and have to say that the monthly photos are really cute. I’ve just bought my first apartment – move in 4 weeks – and it needs some work so will definitely come back for some inspiration!

Mélo
    June 6, 2010 at 6:04 pm

cute little girl! AND MONKEY! :D

Amy@OldSweetSong
    June 10, 2010 at 8:42 pm

Eleanor is getting so big! And she sure is cute.

Jessica
    July 3, 2010 at 2:52 pm

I love this idea! She is so very cute. Where did you find that fabulous rug?

Making it Lovely | Transforming the so-so. » Blog Archive » Sixteen Months Old (Eleanor’s Monthly Photo)
    September 29, 2010 at 1:11 pm

[…] photos: The First Year • Thirteen Months Old • Fourteen Months Old • Fifteen Months Old Parenthood | Related […]

Making it Lovely | Transforming the so-so. » Blog Archive » Seventeen Months Old (Eleanor’s Monthly Photo)
    September 29, 2010 at 3:02 pm

[…] photos: The First Year • Thirteen Months Old • Fourteen Months Old • Fifteen Months Old • Sixteen Months Old Parenthood | Related […]

Twenty Months Old (Eleanor’s Monthly Photo) | Making it Lovely
    January 13, 2011 at 10:16 pm

[…] photos: The First Year • Thirteen Months Old • Fourteen Months Old • Fifteen Months Old • Sixteen Months Old • Seventeen Months Old • […]

Nineteen Months Old (Eleanor’s Monthly Photo) | Making it Lovely
    January 13, 2011 at 10:17 pm

Eighteen Months Old (Eleanor’s Monthly Photo) | Making it Lovely
    January 13, 2011 at 10:18 pm

[…] Photos The First Year • Thirteen Months Old • Fourteen Months Old • Fifteen Months Old • Sixteen Months Old • Seventeen Months Old • […]

Fifteen Months Old (Eleanor’s Monthly Photo) | Making it Lovely
    January 13, 2011 at 10:21 pm

[…] Photos The First Year • Thirteen Months Old • Fourteen Months Old • View All Parenting […]

Fourteen Months Old (Eleanor’s Monthly Photo) | Making it Lovely
    January 29, 2011 at 9:55 pm

[…] Photos The First Year • Thirteen Months Old • View All Parenting […]

Twenty One Months Old (Eleanor’s Monthly Photo) | Making it Lovely
    January 29, 2011 at 10:13 pm

GG. » Jessica McDougall
    August 15, 2011 at 4:46 pm

[…] love how Making it Lovely has taken a picture of her daughter every month since birth in their Eames rocker. I wish I would have thought to do that with […]

Thirteen Months Old (August’s Monthly Photo) | Making it Lovely
    March 13, 2012 at 12:35 pm

[…] a onesie on for their first year of photos, but with a new year comes a new outfit. Eleanor wore a white sweater dress for months 13-24, and August will be wearing a white tee and white linen pants that roll up to just […]

Twenty Four Months Old (Eleanor’s Last Monthly Photo) | Making it Lovely
    May 2, 2012 at 3:30 pm

[…] along the way. I can’t believe my baby is two years old.Previous Photos The First Year • Thirteen Months Old • Fourteen Months Old • Fifteen Months Old • Sixteen Months Old • Seventeen Months Old • […]

Twenty Three Months Old (Eleanor’s Monthly Photo) | Making it Lovely
    September 12, 2012 at 12:09 am

[…] and wearing her pin each month until she’s two years old.)Previous Photos The First Year • Thirteen Months Old • Fourteen Months Old • Fifteen Months Old • Sixteen Months Old • Seventeen Months Old • […]