Twelve Months Old (Eleanor’s Monthly Photo)

Happy first birthday, Eleanor!

Twelve Months Old (Eleanor's Monthly Photo)
Twelve Months Old (Eleanor's Monthly Photo)

(I’ll be taking a photo of Eleanor sitting in the Eames rocker and wearing her pin each month until she’s two years old.)

Previous Photos
One Month OldTwo Months OldThree Months OldFour Months OldFive Months OldSix Months OldSeven Months OldEight Months OldNine Months OldTen Months OldEleven Months OldView All

103 Responses to “Twelve Months Old (Eleanor’s Monthly Photo)”

1. Heidi April 30, 2010 at 9:54 am #

So sweet! Looks like her birthday is of to a great start:)
    Happy Happy Birthday Eleanor!!!

2. kim April 30, 2010 at 9:57 am #

i can’t believe she’s one! so i’ve been reading your blog for a little over a year too! i can remember thinking…is this lady ever going to give birth?!? ;-)

a year flew by. she’s a cutie. thanks for all you share!

3. Sherry April 30, 2010 at 9:57 am #

Awe…what a sweetie! Happy Birthday Eleanor!!!

4. Bridget April 30, 2010 at 10:14 am #

I feel like you should continue this every month til she graduates from high school…it’s just such a cute idea!

5. Caitlin April 30, 2010 at 10:20 am #

Happy birthday Eleanor! I have twin boys who are about a month older, but we had the same due date of April 20. I remember when you announced your pregnancy, and it’s been fun going through all the stages with you guys! Somehow I can’t believe Eleanore is already one, it makes this last year seem much shorter than it felt, if you know what I mean. Anyhow, congratulations, and I look forward to experiencing toddlerhood with you!

6. Gretchen April 30, 2010 at 10:50 am #

Happy birthday! I can’t believe it’s already been a year.

7. puck April 30, 2010 at 10:56 am #

Happy birthday, sweet girl!

8. asia April 30, 2010 at 11:06 am #

Yay! Happy 1st birthday! The next year goes by even faster than the first… hold onto every second xoxo

9. Gwendolyn April 30, 2010 at 12:16 pm #

Happy Birthday Cutey!!!

10. Chris April 30, 2010 at 12:29 pm #

Amazing how fast time flies by. She is lovely.

11. Gemma April 30, 2010 at 1:06 pm #

COngratulations!!! Happy Birthday! Your baby and your blog are fabulous! Greetings from Spain.

12. Kelly April 30, 2010 at 1:11 pm #

Happy Birthday beautiful,sweet Eleanor!!!! I hope all your birthday wishes come true!

13. Emily April 30, 2010 at 1:21 pm #

Gorgeous smile and awesome chubby legs. Happy birthday Eleanor! Hope it was fun. :) (PS great day for a birthday- it was my little girl’s first birthday too)

14. walrus studio April 30, 2010 at 1:38 pm #

What a clever idea! She’ll be so happy to have those photos when she’s older.

15. Jennae @ Green Your Decor April 30, 2010 at 1:39 pm #

Awww! I know we’ve been seeing her every month, but this is the first time my reaction was “Look how big she’s gotten!” Really, she has. She looks so grown up! Happy Birthday Eleanor!

16. Nuit April 30, 2010 at 1:47 pm #

happy birthday sweetheart!!!many hugs from Mexico!!!

17. Punctuation Mark April 30, 2010 at 4:43 pm #

She definitely is picture perfect and postcard ready… congrats on the gorgeous child!

18. Katy R April 30, 2010 at 8:51 pm #

how can she possibly be a year old already?! I have been reading your blog since before she was born, I remember the very first chair picture when it was posted… it can’t possibly have been a year already! time certainly flies!

happy birthday!!

19. Viv April 30, 2010 at 11:27 pm #

Happy birthday gorgeous girl! Look how much she’s grown.

20. Ana May 1, 2010 at 4:48 pm #

Happy Birthday to the little girl!!!

xx,
    A.

21. Amy May 1, 2010 at 10:48 pm #

Wow! I a year has already passed. Happy Birthday Eleanor!

22. Chava May 2, 2010 at 2:20 pm #

Happy Birthday beautiful Eleanor!

Wow, she has changed *a lot* in the last month. She has more… defining(?) features now. Maybe it’s just the expression she’s making. Thanks for sharing this project with us. It’s going to be such a treasure for your family! I can’t wait to see how she develops over the next twelve pics.

23. Kalee May 4, 2010 at 9:12 am #

I have absolutely loved these photos since the beginning (I might even call my husband over and make him look every single time)! Hope Eleanor had a phenomenal first birthday!

24. sarah May 4, 2010 at 8:13 pm #

Look how much she has grown! Too cute…. I totally plan on stealing this idea when I have kids. Congrats Nicole for your first year as a Mom!!!!

25. Ang May 5, 2010 at 1:16 pm #

This is the cutest idea! Thanks for sharing. Completely inspiring… she is adorable! Do you have that pink onsie in every size, or do you make them?

26. patricia May 6, 2010 at 8:25 am #

So cute as always! Happy belated birthday to your little one.

27. Rabia May 6, 2010 at 8:56 am #

Just started reading your blog about a week ago, and it is wonderful! Definitely making note of things I’d like to do once I (we, rather – avec future hubby) have a place.

A very happy birthday to little Eleanor – she is totally adorable!

28. Ashley at Hither and Thither May 6, 2010 at 2:18 pm #

What a cutie! And what a fantastic idea!

29. Sixty- Fifth Avenue May 7, 2010 at 9:55 pm #

Happy Birthday to your sweet Eleanor! I love the pictures, they grow so fast. Our little one just turned 4! We have a little photo album that was given to us that holds one picture for each year. The idea is to have the baby wear the same outfit with meaning for each year. We put her in my wedding dress…it will be cool when she is standing there in it. Now she sits on the couch with the dress draping down.

30. Hopeless Chest May 9, 2010 at 2:01 pm #

Adorable! So neat how her hair went blond.

31. Danielle May 18, 2010 at 4:11 pm #

See what happens when I don’t visit for awhile!!! She’s such a big girl and full of personality. You can tell from the picture. Happy 1st sweetie!!!

32. Ms Pink July 7, 2010 at 5:54 pm #

this is the cutest idea i have ever seen <3

mp

33. candy July 31, 2010 at 8:03 am #

this is amazing… so perfect and ur daughter’s pose at each month actually captures the development growth at that stage. love the one where she is crawling out and leaning forward!

34. Kat August 31, 2010 at 8:24 pm #

Would make a brilliant book! You should continue to photograph her in that same chair yearly! till she leaves home! and publish it in a book in the end…could even have her child in the same chair one day!

35. aubrey September 8, 2010 at 8:09 pm #

I LOVE this idea! I will have to borrow it when I have a baby!! ^_^

36. Kelsey Kleiman October 31, 2010 at 7:48 pm #

This series is wonderful. my husband and I always talk about doing this and never do. We’re thinking of setting up a photo station in our new home (which is why I am perusing your blog).

Thanks!

Kelsey

37. jan December 29, 2010 at 3:41 pm #

wow, how she has grown! ad such a cute remembrance of her!

38. cris January 19, 2011 at 3:53 am #

uooooohh!! it’s so sweet, i love it!
    enhorabuena por tu blog.

1. Making it Lovely | Transforming the so-so. » Blog Archive » Thirteen Months Old (Eleanor’s Monthly Photo) - May 29, 2010

[…] photos: The First Year Parenthood | Related […]

2. Making it Lovely | Transforming the so-so. » Blog Archive » Fourteen Months Old (Eleanor’s Monthly Photo) - June 29, 2010

[…] photos: The First Year • Thirteen Months Old Parenthood | Related […]

3. Making it Lovely | Transforming the so-so. » Blog Archive » Fifteen Months Old (Eleanor’s Monthly Photo) - July 29, 2010

[…] photos: The First Year • Thirteen Months Old • Fourteen Months Old Parenthood | Related […]

4. moosifer jones' grouch » Blog Archive » Monthly updates - August 26, 2010

[…] A design blog I follow, Making It Lovely, decided to record her first child’s first year by taking a photo of her each month in the same outfit on the same background. Here’s Eleanor’s year. […]

5. Making it Lovely | Transforming the so-so. » Blog Archive » Sixteen Months Old (Eleanor’s Monthly Photo) - August 29, 2010

[…] photos: The First Year • Thirteen Months Old • Fourteen Months Old • Fifteen Months Old Parenthood | Related […]

6. Making it Lovely | Transforming the so-so. » Blog Archive » Seventeen Months Old (Eleanor’s Monthly Photo) - September 29, 2010

[…] photos: The First Year • Thirteen Months Old • Fourteen Months Old • Fifteen Months Old • Sixteen Months Old […]

7. » Eighteen Months Old (Eleanor’s Monthly Photo) Making it Lovely | Transforming the so-so. - October 29, 2010

[…] photos: The First Year • Thirteen Months Old • Fourteen Months Old • Fifteen Months Old • Sixteen Months Old • […]

8. Nineteen Months Old (Eleanor’s Monthly Photo) | Making it Lovely - November 29, 2010

9. Twenty Months Old (Eleanor’s Monthly Photo) | Making it Lovely - December 29, 2010

10. Twenty One Months Old (Eleanor’s Monthly Photo) | Making it Lovely - January 29, 2011

[…] Photos The First Year • Thirteen Months Old • Fourteen Months Old • Fifteen Months Old • Sixteen Months Old • […]

11. Twenty Two Months Old (Eleanor’s Monthly Photo) | Making it Lovely - February 28, 2011

12. Documenting Baby: Monthly Photo Collage | Family Style - March 1, 2011

[…] of her daughter in the same spot every month for two years. Learn more about her project here: Making it Lovely. Related Posts :I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for Zoku … French Striped Shirts for the […]

13. Twenty Three Months Old (Eleanor’s Monthly Photo) | Making it Lovely - March 29, 2011

14. Twenty Four Months Old (Eleanor’s Last Monthly Photo) | Making it Lovely - April 29, 2011

15. 10 Tip Thursday – Recording the First Year of your Baby’s life | saymonkeyphotography.com - January 31, 2013

[…] how they have grown. Check out this ladies efforts to document her daughters growth for inspiration here . You can even get stickers to put on a plain white onesie showing the numbers […]