New Glasses?

I’ve been wanting a pair of new glasses lately, so I thought I’d give Warby Parker a try. You get a pair of glasses with lenses for $95, and if you can try them out for free first. Sweet.

I really wanted the Fillmore style to work (remember, I included them in August’s style post?). I was hoping they’d be geeky-cool, but I don’t know if they work for me.

My shop assistant Erika tried them on and when I told her I liked them on her, she was incredulous. Her exact response: “Really? This is like the ‘before’ part of a makeover!”

So then I tried the Japhy frames because they come in pink, but I had to try them on in black because they aren’t sending out the limited edition colors to try. Yay? Nay? I think they’re nice, but a little average. Getting them in pink might fix that though.

And now I’m thinking I might like the Harper glasses in green, but I didn’t select those for my home try-on. Then of course, there are the free glasses… You know, the ones I’m already rocking. But where’s the fun in that, right?

I have to send back my trial glasses tomorrow, so I’m trying to make a decision. Seen any other cute glasses I should consider? Or do you like one of the pairs above?

131 Responses to “New Glasses?”

1. Amanda October 5, 2010 at 2:03 pm #

I really like the ones you currently have. I wish I could rock the thick lenses, but my face is too small.

PLUS keeping those (and spending less) means more $$ for the baby boy you’re growing inside of you.

2. Lisa October 5, 2010 at 2:27 pm #

i’m a little late, but i think the top ones are too much like cory feldman or cory haim in one of those early 80’s movies. maybe it was stand by me…

3. Kim October 5, 2010 at 2:47 pm #

Hey! I had SEE glasses, but recently switched to Warby Parker. It seems like we both tried on the same 5 pairs. I ultimately went with Zagg in Striped Chestnut. I love them. 100% satisfied.

Good luck!

–Kim

4. julie October 5, 2010 at 3:02 pm #

so…you can’t try these glasses on…but you should check out zenni optical online – $9 glasses. And at that price? I bought 3 pair!

5. jbhat October 5, 2010 at 5:01 pm #

I don’t really know. But that lipstick looks really good on you. Is that the perfect shade you came upon? Love it either way.

jbhat

6. Aaron October 7, 2010 at 7:48 am #

Buy the first glasses, then marry me.

7. Adriane October 10, 2010 at 10:58 am #

I think the pink would be super cute and spunky! Take it from a gal that wears glasses… Go for a funky color!

8. Peaches July 25, 2011 at 9:43 pm #

Hi Nicole! Thanks to your posts about Warby Parker I’m thinking about getting a pair. I linked to this post in mine: http://livingpeachykeen.blogspot.com/2011/07/men-do-make-passes-at-girls-who-wear.html

1. Making it Lovely | Transforming the so-so. » Blog Archive » No New Glasses - October 5, 2010

[…] I’m a little bummed. No new glasses for me right now. My prescription has expired and the optician cannot release it to me. I’d […]