Happy Halloween from Olivia

Eleanor loves Olivia, so we dressed her as her porcine heroine for Halloween this year.

Eleanor’s pig nose was drawn on with liquid eyeliner, which held up surprisingly well. I made the ears with fleece, wire, and a headband, and I sewed the sailor collar to go over her store-bought dress. The collar even has stars on the back (drawn on with a marker) for authenticity.

We hope you had as great a Halloween as we did!

115 Responses to “Happy Halloween from Olivia”

1. Nichole November 17, 2010 at 6:31 pm #

Darling!

My daughter Eleana was Olivia last year for Halloween. Why they don’t make a costume for Olivia is beyond me, but I had to pull everything together like you. She wore Halloween black and white striped socks for adults which went all the way up her legs. She loved it.

2. Desiree December 14, 2010 at 8:30 pm #

OH my goodness! My daughter is three and absolutely thinks Olivia is the best piggy EVER! This has to be the most adorable little costume I’ve seen in a long, long time.

3. Virginia April 20, 2011 at 11:53 pm #

been thinking about it for a year and a half… had to Pinterest it!!

4. Meagan May 5, 2011 at 3:53 pm #

I am in LOVE with this costume! My daughter Maggie is slightly obsessed with Olivia, and this costume will be perfect for her. I am not handy with my sewing machine, but you have inspired me to try! If you made and sold the ears and collar in the fall, you would make a fortune!

5. Danielle@Mommy and Me Book Club October 2, 2012 at 11:54 pm #

I blog at Mommy and Me Book Club. I am interested in sharing a pic and a link to this adorable costume in my book inspired costume round-up. Would that be okay with you? Thanks!

danielletscribner at gmail dot com

6. Lindsay @Artsy-Fartsy Mama October 14, 2012 at 11:34 pm #

SO adorable!! We love Olivia at our house :)

Just wanted to let you know that I featured your cute costume on my blog today. Come check it out: http://www.artsyfartsymama.com/2012/10/pinteresting-features-n-shtuff-53.html

7. Alex @ northstory October 22, 2012 at 5:26 pm #

This is adorable! I just emailed the link to my friend as this is what her daughter wants to go dressed as this Halloween. Thanks for the inspiration photos!

8. Kaylyn October 29, 2012 at 7:51 pm #

Thanks so much for the inspiration! I re-created this costume for my daughter! see it here! http://amustardseedjourney.blogspot.com/2012/10/legit-costumes-madeline-and-olivia.html

• Making it Lovely October 29, 2012 at 8:13 pm #

Adorable! I’d love to dress Eleanor up like Madeline sometime too.