The Laundry Room Sink

While I was out having a baby, the basement has been inching toward completion. The laundry room sink went in last Monday, but the contractor used PVC pipes underneath. I had to go ask him if he could change them to chrome, and he looked at me like I was a little nuts. I just want some pretty pipes — is that so weird? (Yeah, probably.)

I last saw the sink Tuesday morning, a few hours before I went into labor. I’m supposed to be taking it easy and avoiding stairs, so I hadn’t been back down to the basement until today. The pipes had been switched out and the chrome looks so much better! Of course, I realized after coming back up and looking at the photos that I snapped that I completely missed the underside of the sink. There are still a lot of tools in the way, and I had August in my arms, so I couldn’t get a good angle. You can see one of the faucets here though.

Looking good so far! Now if we could just move this project along…

Thank you, Vintage Tub & Bath, for providing the sink and faucets.

25 Responses to “The Laundry Room Sink”

1. Tanya from dans-le-townhouse.blogspot.com February 14, 2011 at 12:29 pm #

Yay! Looks gorgeous. So excited to see the finished room. Am immeasurably jealous :)

2. jbhat February 14, 2011 at 12:56 pm #

Forget the sink, even though it’s pretty cute. Let’s see a shot or two of that other project…you know…the baby. Or maybe the baby IN the sink!

• Desiree Fawn February 14, 2011 at 4:47 pm #

Haha, I second this comment! (But, I mean, the sink is really rad too!)

• Making it Lovely February 14, 2011 at 7:36 pm #

You guys are funny. Here I was thinking I should show something besides the baby!

3. Danielle February 14, 2011 at 1:03 pm #

Sink looks fab and I am glad you had him switch out the pipes!! When do you think you will show off August’s nursery?

• Making it Lovely February 14, 2011 at 7:37 pm #

Eleanor is still in there. We can’t get started on the new nursery until we can move the studio down to the basement to make room for Eleanor’s new bedroom.

4. A February 14, 2011 at 1:07 pm #

Curious…was it more expensive to have it replaced with chrome? I keep thinking that it’s done automatically but I guess not. Sink looks great!

• Making it Lovely February 14, 2011 at 7:38 pm #

It costs more than PVC, but it’s not terribly expensive.

5. Kerry February 14, 2011 at 1:10 pm #

The pipes MUST be chrome! I completely get this.

6. Katrina February 14, 2011 at 1:11 pm #

I love the sink and faucet you choose! Perfect. Again congrats on your baby!!

7. Anne @Its a Baltimore Life February 14, 2011 at 1:21 pm #

I love chrome pipes on sinks that are exposed beneath. They are a little bit harder to work with since you dont use glue like on the PVC but they look so nice!

A – I have had to replace my chrome pipes on my pedestal sink in my half bath and I just picked up some replacements at Home Depot for a couple bucks!

8. Heidi S. February 14, 2011 at 1:24 pm #

I have to laugh about your nonchalant, “while I was out having a baby”. :)

I totally agree about the chrome pipes! I didn’t realize that you have a window in front of your laundry room sink. Now I am even more jealous!

I hope you and your family are enjoying some lovely bonding time together!

9. Jen @ das Sushi February 14, 2011 at 2:36 pm #

I assume that is an ironing board, but it looks like a very slinky lady (or A Christmas Story lamp) is creeping into your photo.

I love the sink and I bet the chrome pipes look fantastic!

• Making it Lovely February 14, 2011 at 7:38 pm #

Yes, it’s an ironing board. I like your ideas better though. ;)

10. Katrina February 14, 2011 at 2:39 pm #

A toddler, a baby, work on the basement and you still have time to post for me? I am so proud! :)

Check out my Free Printable for your reward! It’s Pink ;)

11. Amy Vermillion February 14, 2011 at 3:28 pm #

The fact that anything got done “while you were out having a baby” is amazing to me. Looks great so far.

12. Ang February 14, 2011 at 4:27 pm #

I got my tub from Vintage Tub and bath, you can see it here:

Love that sink!

13. Carolyn February 14, 2011 at 5:50 pm #

I can’t believe that you just had a baby and you’re trudging down to the basement to take pictures of your sink. You are a trooper!!

14. Hilary @ My So-Called Home February 14, 2011 at 8:24 pm #

I love the casual mention of the new baby’s name, August. I really adore that name (and voted for it!) and can’t wait to see more of him, as well as the nursery and renovations of course.

15. Laurie @ House to your Home February 15, 2011 at 8:52 am #

I made my contractor paint my PVC pipes black so it disappeared with the design of my bathroom and he thought I was crazy too, its sorta like engineers vs designers, they do what’s right to make it work and we are all about it looking pretty! I think we think with different sides of our brain!! Your basement is looking so great, what a difference from where you started!! That sink is to die for!

16. Miss B. February 15, 2011 at 11:52 am #

I am all for pretty pipes!

17. jenn February 20, 2011 at 12:57 pm #

I’m with everyone else.. gotta have nice looking pipes ;) congrats on the new addition to the family too!!

18. Colleen / Inspired to Share February 21, 2011 at 7:37 pm #

Wow, I love this sink! It looks amazing.

19. Francy December 19, 2011 at 3:22 am #

I am from England and this is the first time I have ever seen a sink like the one you have. Please please, could you be kind and tell me where you bought this sink? This would be much appreciated!!

Regards,