53 February 17, 2011

The Basement Bathroom is Functional

We have a working bathroom, yippee! Now I just need to pretty things up a bit. And I should probably paint that vent.

I have plenty of bath accessories to play around with, though I need to figure out where I’m going to put them all (shelving?). I still haven’t found a mirror that I love, but I might pick up this frameless mirror for $15.

Or I could just put this print up instead.

Thank you to Vintage Tub & Bath for the toilet, sink, and faucet, and Schoolhouse Electric for the lighting.

jbhat
    February 17, 2011 at 12:38 pm

Very nice! The final touches will make the room.

Stacy @ Design Something Better
    February 17, 2011 at 12:43 pm

It’s beautiful! I wasn’t sure of the color at first, but LOVE it with the pops of white, and I can’t wait to see it accessorized!

PS: I own that Ikea mirror – it’s lovely and a cinch to install. I’d highly recommend it!

Sheri
    February 17, 2011 at 12:49 pm

That is a lovely color, Nicole! It’s fresh and springy. Good job!

Melissa
    February 17, 2011 at 12:50 pm

It is looking so good! Love that light fixture.

Carole
    February 17, 2011 at 1:15 pm

lovely!

don’t go for the Ikea mirror, hold out for something special :) something curvy that is paintable would be cool:

Making it Lovely
      February 17, 2011 at 8:14 pm

Those are cute. Wilmette is such a trek though, and there’s nothing I like closer to home right now.

Benzie
    February 17, 2011 at 1:15 pm

I like the poster. The ribbon reminds me of toilet paper!!

Tiffany
    February 17, 2011 at 1:27 pm

Great job. I love it so far.

Danielle
    February 17, 2011 at 1:53 pm

Carole took the words out of my mouth! Wait till the right mirror comes along!

Tanya from dans-le-townhouse.blogspot.com
    February 17, 2011 at 1:57 pm

Wow! Looks amazing so far. I love the wall colour you went with.

Aleta
    February 17, 2011 at 2:44 pm

I love everything you’ve chosen so far! I have this mirror in our entryway and love it. Maybe its an option for your bath!

Katie Mac
    February 17, 2011 at 2:46 pm

I love the print, but I don’t think a bathroom feels complete without a mirror

Keatley & Co.
    February 17, 2011 at 3:02 pm

The green reminds me of the green collectible frogs my grandmother had in her bathroom. They always freaked me out a little bit as a kid.

Anita K
    February 17, 2011 at 3:10 pm

I absolutely love that print! I must have it!
    And how much nicer it would be to look at that than your face anyways :) (i mean my face, not yours!)

kelsey
    February 17, 2011 at 3:51 pm

you are such a good decorator!!

marguerite
    February 17, 2011 at 4:11 pm

I love that you went for the darker grout color — shows off the great tile!

Courtney
    February 17, 2011 at 5:52 pm

I LOVE this print! I hope all is going well with your precious baby boy!

Alice@AliceinDesignland.com
    February 17, 2011 at 6:53 pm

The color of the bathroom is beautiful.What color is it? I vote for using a mirror and not the print.

Making it Lovely
      February 17, 2011 at 8:51 pm

The color is “olive tree” by Benjamin Moore.

And the idea of using the print in lieu of a mirror was a joke. ;)

Sarah @ Cozy.Cottage.Cute.
    February 17, 2011 at 7:04 pm

We got our powder room sink,toilet, etc. from Vintage Tub and Bath, too and we loooooooove them.

Your bathroom is coming along so nicely! Isn’t the accessory part so much fun?

Catie
    February 17, 2011 at 8:04 pm

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that color!!

misshotcakes
    February 17, 2011 at 9:41 pm

looks amazing!
    the ikea mirror will do for now, until you find the right one. $15 is cheap!

Lisa
    February 17, 2011 at 11:29 pm

So were the bathroom fixtures donated in exchange for you advertising them on your blog?

Rachel
    February 18, 2011 at 12:10 am

You know what would look REALLY cool? The design of that print etched onto a plain frameless mirror.

Danielle
      February 18, 2011 at 8:51 am

OO! I like this idea!

Anja
    February 18, 2011 at 5:22 am

hihi, that picture is awesome. BUT. Let me tell you: I´m still looking for a mirror for our guest-restroom, too. There´s a blank wall above the sink. And EVERYTIME i´m washing my hands, i´m looking at it, in expectation of seeing myself. Not to be able to, irritates me. So my advice: Go for a mirror and look for another lovely place for the picture ;-)

Holly G
    February 18, 2011 at 7:22 am

gorgeous! love the green color…not something you often see in a bathroom but it makes the white really pop! I love that print though…I think I would rather see that on some days!

Ayleen
    February 18, 2011 at 4:41 pm

Love it all!

Sue
    February 18, 2011 at 7:35 pm

A lovely hexagonal mirror would be delish!

Laura
    February 19, 2011 at 5:20 am

I’ve really been liking the idea of mirror clusters. Saw this set today on Martha, it’s a pretty inexpensive set and I’m sure there are others that are nicer, but it could complement the shapes of the tile in a cool way.

mélo
    February 19, 2011 at 8:36 am

Nice base! I use this spice rack in my bathroom.. Small and cheap plus everything stay in place. Take a look maybe you’ll like it.

mélo
    February 19, 2011 at 9:21 am

Mirror!!!!

Oval feminie shape from martha stewart:

A cabinet maybe, is it still in the run? there’s also a mirror version for this one.

leslie
    February 19, 2011 at 2:19 pm

I’m curious about the vent. What color would you paint it..the same as the walls? If it’s plastic, would that work?Bathroom is looking fantastic!

Making it Lovely
      February 22, 2011 at 9:15 am

Same color as the walls so it blends in. It should be fine if we prime it first.

Amy Vermillion
    February 19, 2011 at 6:27 pm

Love the Olive Tree paint! Looks great so far.

Party Babble
    February 19, 2011 at 8:12 pm

I have a sign in my downstairs bathroom from my dad’s miniature golf course that says “Please let faster players play through”. It’s from the 60s and is painted in that scripty print they used in all of the signs from back in the day.

The olive is fabulous!

Anita
    February 20, 2011 at 9:11 am

Love it! The paint and tile look perfect! You are one busy mama!

Christina Winters
    February 20, 2011 at 10:03 am

this antique mirror is cute, and made in illinois!

from the same seller (this one could use a coat of paint but the shape is nice):

disregard the shabby chic label, this seller has stuff worth poking through :)

Making it Lovely
      February 22, 2011 at 9:16 am

You just found my mirror (the second one). Thank you!

laurenjanelle
    February 21, 2011 at 11:35 pm

Oh the bathroom looks great! I love the flooring.

Kathy in Michigan
    February 22, 2011 at 8:57 am

I might be a little late in chiming in but I found these mirrors and I love them….a little whimsy might be fun!!

Stephanie@Geezees
    February 22, 2011 at 10:42 am

One of my favorite colors!

Basement Half-Bathroom Design Board | Making it Lovely
    February 22, 2011 at 1:01 pm

[…] da, here’s the design for the basement half-bathroom! I found a mirror on eBay, thanks to a comment by Christina. I’m going to get that lovely print too, though obviously it will not be taking the place of a […]

You Look Lovely Today! «
    February 23, 2011 at 3:34 am

[…] to our ears right?!  So take a leaf out of Nicole’s book over at Making it Lovely and hang this in your bathroom as a daily reminder! It would also look so cute in your photos on […]

bridget b.
    February 23, 2011 at 9:49 am

i LOVE the olive green paint. it really pops with the white accents.

jja
    February 24, 2011 at 7:54 am

It looks nice, but I would never want to clean that toilet. For cleaning it is easier (for me) to have hanging one