Art for the Bathroom

One of the benefits of having a green floor is the ability to layout art on it and imagine the arrangement on your similarly toned walls. Trouble figuring out placements for a gallery wall? Just paint your floors to match! Great planning aid!

I kid. Here’s what I’ve got so far though.

I’m going to use a little ledge for the tumbler and bowl, either in white or green. I’m considering adding a clock though too, and then maybe I’d need another little ledge to balance it out. What do you think?

Also, I’m trying to choose a color for the mirror. I had originally planned on yellow, but I nixed all of the yellow accessories for the room, so now the color would probably look out of place. Maybe black? Or the darker green of that little bowl above?

80 Responses to “Art for the Bathroom”

1. Ali March 25, 2011 at 12:18 am #

Check out Amy Atlas’s blog post for today! Her chalk board white frame reminded me of your mirror!

~ Ali

• Making it Lovely March 25, 2011 at 11:35 am #

Cute! I think that’s an IKEA frame. I had considered grabbing one and having a mirror cut to fit.

2. Ashley March 25, 2011 at 6:05 am #

L-o-v-e the vintage medicine cabinet/box! Where did you find that?

• Ashley March 25, 2011 at 6:14 am #

Just saw the reply with the info for the first aid box :) While black would look great on the mirror, I think it is too expected. I would go with the fun pink or blue :)

• Kim March 30, 2011 at 3:15 pm #

Could you share where the first aid box was purchased? Love it! Thanks!

3. samsonizzle March 25, 2011 at 8:30 am #

I’m pregnant and nesting something fierce right now, but you gave me an idea; you decide whether it’s genius or just silly. I’ve never done it, but I’ve heard of people painting a large board or something with a paint color they’re wanting to test out, propping it against the wall, then having a big swatch to really gauge what it’ll truly look like on the wall. Well, if you’ve done that, put that on the floor and there you have it: wall-matching art planning tool! I see a downside that the size of your board would make a frame of sorts that wouldn’t be exactly the size of the wall, and might affect the look of your art on the floor differently than they’ll look on the real wall. I have done my configuration planning on our regular, non-matching floors before though, and it’s really the best way to figure out the arrangement you want.

• Making it Lovely March 25, 2011 at 11:36 am #

…sounds like a lot of work! ;)

• samsonizzle March 25, 2011 at 12:46 pm #

Agreed. :) As I was typing, I wondered why people would go to the trouble of painting a board to get a large swatch…why not just paint the wall itself and if you like it, you’ve got one wall done already! But, I figured if one were to do the swatch, might as well get another use out of it.

4. samsonizzle March 25, 2011 at 8:37 am #

I rather miss the yellow. You could bring it back in with the mirror, bowl, and if you want to do your clock, put it with the bowl and vase on the ledge, then a longer ledge on which to prop the large print and peeking in front of its left corner, a little vase of yellow flowers, like the modern alium looking ones from (I believe) Ikea…where have I seen those? Elsewhere in your home? Like I said in the previous comment, I’m pregnant; my memory is shot too.

5. beck March 25, 2011 at 9:10 am #

love it. i’d spray paint the first aid kit and the mirror yellow for a little brightness in the room. it’s feeling very green and white now.

6. Charity March 25, 2011 at 1:47 pm #

What about a deep purple for the mirror? I think it would be gorgeous!

7. nic March 28, 2011 at 2:20 pm #

Your shoes: I want them! Who makes them?