Terrarium Craft

This book looks fantastic. I bought teeny little deer and even teenier little mushrooms last month, and when Brandon saw and asked me about them, I sheepishly told him that I was going to make a terrarium for Eleanor. I think he thought I had gone a little nuts. I’m going to need this book for some inspiration (and to show him that terrariums can be cool).

p.s. The publisher is having a giveaway for Terrarium Craft, along with a DIY terrarium kit here until June 30.

20 Responses to “Terrarium Craft”

1. Puck June 13, 2011 at 10:12 pm #

Do want!

• Allison M June 13, 2011 at 11:04 pm #

Love it, have done my own in recent times, great to have a book for additional ideas. Thanks

2. Anthony from CharismaticKid June 13, 2011 at 10:34 pm #

I would buy this book… as I want to have low maintenence plants in my dark dungeon like apartment… but I need to know.. WHAT IS A TERRARIUM?

• Kerry June 14, 2011 at 8:16 am #

Hello! I’ve made terrariums since I was 13 years old. They are beautiful gardens planted inside unique glass containers and are self-sustaining if done right. Have fun!

3. Caitlin @ TSB June 13, 2011 at 11:04 pm #

So cute!
    I love teeny tiny terrariums, but I never seem to think of them except when I’m drooling over someone’s!

4. I am ALL about terrariums. I’ve blogged about them in the past and coincidentally I have a blog about them coming out in the next day or so. I’m totally hooked! Can’t wait to see what you make =)

– Sarah

5. Jayca @ Cartwheels June 13, 2011 at 11:27 pm #

Oh, I too slip into shy and sheepish when discussing what seem like random objects for somewhat-unspecified upcoming projects!
    “Honey, why do we have all of these clear cylinders? Aren’t these what your prunes come in?”
    Me: “Yes . . . they’re going to BE something . . . something very pretty . . .”

6. Erin June 14, 2011 at 12:07 am #

This is so cute! Love it. I completely understand your sheepish grin to Brandon thing – I will have to start secretly collecting for my own mini terrarium :)

7. Paula June 14, 2011 at 1:04 am #

I made three terrariums last month :) and have been checking out etsy for miniature pieces to put in them. I haven’t splurged yet; I haven’t found the perfect items. :) This book looks awesome!

8. Tanya from Dans le Townhouse June 14, 2011 at 6:05 am #

Hmmm. I might need a bit of convincing, too. But I am excited to see what you create.

9. kelsey June 14, 2011 at 1:26 pm #

I love it! Thanks for sharing.

10. Cara June 14, 2011 at 1:43 pm #

They just covered Terrariums on CBS Sunday Morning; check out artist Paula Hayes. Some really amazing stuff.

11. Kim at Yellow Brick Home June 14, 2011 at 4:16 pm #

Oooh, so happy to hear this! We just built one not too long ago!

And then it died, and then we resurrected it :)

Can’t wait to see yours!

• Making it Lovely June 15, 2011 at 10:43 am #

Awesome! Glad to hear you resurrected it. It’s too good to have been a loss.

12. Allyn June 14, 2011 at 9:50 pm #

I love terrariums! There was a whole piece on them on CBS Sunday Morning recently. Awesome!!

13. katrina June 14, 2011 at 10:37 pm #

I have such a weakness for these things! I should really make one for myself :)

14. Amanda June 15, 2011 at 10:05 am #

I’ve been looking for a glass container for a bit now to make the perfect terrarium in. + I need to find objects to put it them. Where’d you find your mushrooms & deer?

15. Danielle June 27, 2011 at 5:52 pm #

I neeed this book! Thank you for sharing. :))

1. How to Make a DIY Terrarium | Making it Lovely - April 17, 2012

[...] April 17 Bookmark or Share 0 comments I had been meaning to make a terrarium for a while now, but I finally got to it last week. I put together a post about the process for west elm, using [...]