Let's…

Let’s Set the Table for a Simple Weeknight Dinner

Time to play! Which glasses, dinnerware, and flatware would you choose from to set a simple, everyday dinner table? I’ll tell you which ones I’d pick…

1. * Marta Barware
  2. * Caterer’s Dinner Set
  3. Industrial Chic Dinnerware Collection
  4. Café Glassware
  5. * Almoco Flatware
  6. Heath Ceramic Plates
  7. Cambridge Fiesta Flatware
  8. Dimpled Drinkware
  9. Charlemagne Flatware
  10. Vaken Glasses

* I love numbers 1, 2, and 5 together (though #9 is our actual everyday flatware).

Which ones would you choose?

Sources & Paint ColorsNeed design help? Let's work together.

You Might Also Like...

Michelle
    June 15, 2011 at 8:42 am

1, 2 and 9 – although I would really choose a different flatware altogether…..love those glasses. I just bought Williams Sonoma Pantry white dish set for my every day and I LOVE them – heavy, white, all purpose and look great.

logan
    June 15, 2011 at 8:51 am

I’d choose 2, 5, and 8. Love that black flatware!

samarahuel
    June 15, 2011 at 8:57 am

Well, I feel pretty stylish! I picked the same as you!

Alison Murray
    June 15, 2011 at 8:57 am

1, 2, & 9 :)

Katie
    June 15, 2011 at 8:59 am

Yup. 2,5,8. I love the 1 glasses, but I think they might be too delicate for everyday especially at my house :)

NicoleD
    June 15, 2011 at 9:02 am

I agree with your pics. Love the matte black silverware and the simple lines on the plates and glasses.

Danielle
    June 15, 2011 at 9:31 am

I like 6, 8 and 9.

The glasses remind me of a set we had when I was a kid, except they were amber tinted glass.

Amanda
    June 15, 2011 at 9:35 am

10, 9, 2. I love when you do these. :) They’re fun.

Although I had a hard time choosing between 10 & 8.

Heidi
    June 15, 2011 at 9:46 am

Ooh, I love 5, 6 and 8…I must have those dimpled glasses! I want to change my everyday dishes but am having a hard time getting rid of the PB ones we registered for when we got married. I feel like it would be wrong to sell them but we can’t possibly keep them and get new place settings. Oh, the decisions in life! ;)

Making it Lovely
      June 15, 2011 at 10:37 am

I know. I feel the same way. Brandon and I were married in 2004, and we got our dishes and flatware as gifts. They’re nice and they’re still going strong, so I feel like I shouldn’t get rid of them just because I’m bored with them. I think it’s time to get new glasses soon though (ours are decade-old cheapies), and that will mix things up just enough to make me happy.

Emily @ Awesomania
    June 15, 2011 at 9:49 am

Oh, I’ll play! Actually, I would make the same choices you did: 1, 2, 5. Simple, clean, and stylish.

Jessica
    June 15, 2011 at 9:54 am

This is a fun play-a-long! I would pick 4, 6 & 7 . I love love love me some Heath Ceramics!!! Maybe one day I’ll be able to own some. ; ) Thanks!

Amanda
    June 15, 2011 at 10:11 am

Oooh Fun!!! 8,2 & 9 I love the dots on the glasses!!! But the glasses (1) are so simple and lovely! I WANT THEM!!! :)

bethany
    June 15, 2011 at 10:20 am

Options 1,2 and 7 – I like simplicity and clean lines. Also, I love the handles for the flatware for 7 and wish I had registered for something like them.

Cait @ Hernando House
    June 15, 2011 at 10:23 am

I think I’d go with 2, 4 and probably 9. But I love 6 and 8, too.

Alisa
    June 15, 2011 at 10:34 am

well I am going to say 2, 4 and 9 only because that is practically what I have.

I have the great white from pottery barn that we use for both every day and then dress up for special occasions, and then a similar jelly jar type of glass from crate and barrel, and then a similar satin stainless flatware from crate and barrel as well. Has worked for us for the last 6 years, and is pretty much timeless!

Tory
    June 15, 2011 at 10:40 am

Love this game! I’d pick 1, 2, and 9 but I’d want a few of 7 and 8 to mix in. Then I’d go crazy getting a variety of linens to totally change up the look depending on my mood.

Amanda @ Our Humble A{Bowe}d
    June 15, 2011 at 10:41 am

I’d pick 2, 5 and 8. Love the simplicity with a little unexpected touch.

Renee Smith
    June 15, 2011 at 10:48 am

1,2, and 5. I would choose different flatwear, but 5 is the closest to the lines I like.

Rachel
    June 15, 2011 at 10:52 am

6,7 & 8… but they’re all wonderful!

Tiffany
    June 15, 2011 at 11:04 am

1,2,9
    those are my style

Carrie254
    June 15, 2011 at 11:08 am

2, 1, 9

I agree with Tiffany. They seem to be the most like your style.

Katie
    June 15, 2011 at 11:10 am

I would pick 6, 8 and 9. I like the color of the dishes and the texture of the glasses. I think it would make me happy to see them the end of the day.

Sarah Hettervik @ http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com/
    June 15, 2011 at 11:13 am

That”s tough. I really like the silverware… or blackware haha.

– Sarah

rachael
    June 15, 2011 at 11:21 am

i love number ten. i love the clear, black and grey altogether. i think every room at my house is in that color scheme.

Amy Ellison
    June 15, 2011 at 11:37 am

I like 5, 6, and 10 :) I love pretend shopping!

Cherie
      June 16, 2011 at 2:24 pm

I agree with Amy! 5, 6, and 10. However, the rims on those beautiful blue plates seem to call for wood-handled utensils.
      It would be so fun to actually purchase what you wanted. Thank you for letting us dream, Nicole! My husband works for property development and over our 31 years of marriage he has always supplied us with extras the tenants discarded from their businesses. So while I’m grateful I still ponder what an entire table setting from my own preferences would look like. With pretend shopping there are never regrets!

Alicia
    June 15, 2011 at 11:54 am

2, 8 & 9. I love those glasses.

Kimmy LaMee
    June 15, 2011 at 12:04 pm

I would go with 3, 8, and 9 today… but I love to switch things up every once in a while so it might be 2,5,and 10 tomorrow…

Erika
    June 15, 2011 at 12:04 pm

1, 2 & 9.

Susan
    June 15, 2011 at 12:20 pm

5+6+8 = nice!

Courtney
    June 15, 2011 at 12:36 pm

2, 4, and 9. Pretty similar to the items we received when we got married last year. We registered at Crate and Barrel but bought our glasses at Williams-Sonoma.

I guessed your picks correctly, yay!

Andrea @ Strawberry-Chic
    June 15, 2011 at 12:42 pm

I’m so glad you posted those lovely white plates, I have been searching for a set for months!

Katie
    June 15, 2011 at 12:56 pm

2, 8 and 9!

findingmagnolia
    June 15, 2011 at 1:01 pm

I’d choose 2, 4, and 9. We have Denby dishes right now in the Juice colors, so what we actually have is more similar to 6. I need to get some more classic drinking glasses; we have some from Crate and Barrel that are attractive but have very thin rims, and for some reason I just feel nervous about drinking out of them, as if I could accidentally take a bite out of the rim while taking a drink. Instead, I set the table with vintage glasses of all shapes and designs, including one Care Bear glass. Embarrassing but true.

Julie
    June 15, 2011 at 1:05 pm

1, 2, and 9 for sure! As much as I love pretty designs, I really don’t think you can go wrong with simple and clean.

Dianne
    June 15, 2011 at 1:18 pm

OMG!!! I dream someday of owning a full set of dishes from Heath Ceramics. Though for now, I am quite happy with my pasta bowls and serving dishes. Please tell me I am not alone.

So since I am dream shopping (and we need to do this more often, hint hint), I would choose #1, #5, and #6.

young cm
    June 15, 2011 at 1:34 pm

2, 7 and 8, for a summer casual look!

Lori
    June 15, 2011 at 1:41 pm

I picked 3, 7 and 10…I might have gone with 1 on the glassware, too. I’m thinking bold here!

brooke
    June 15, 2011 at 2:12 pm

6, 8, and 9!

Amanda B.
    June 15, 2011 at 2:35 pm

Fiestaware everytime! Made in WV and can handle everyday! Plus comes in beautiful colors. I need color on my table. :P

Kate
    June 15, 2011 at 3:25 pm

We have the Marta barware and I LOVE it! Super thin, but durable, and it keeps everything really cold. Plus, it holds up well in the dishwasher.

Nicole, could you maybe feature some stylish every day dinnerwear for a slightly lower budget? Like, just married and right out of college? I’d love to replace our yard sale mismatch with something stylish and versatile, i.e. plain but not TOO plain, just stylish—but haven’t found anything in our price range. You are so good at finding stuff!!

Amy
    June 15, 2011 at 3:43 pm

2, 9, and 10.

Love the choices. I really don’t think there’s a bad combination.

Laura
    June 15, 2011 at 4:19 pm

I have 6! In different colors, tho. Love them. 8 and 9 are perfect partners.

Jova
    June 15, 2011 at 5:32 pm

i’d do 6,7,8 or 2, 5, 4. and i see this outside in the fresh air on a harvest table sort of thing, al fresco!

ArticulateArt
    June 15, 2011 at 7:11 pm

1, 6 and 9! 2 is good too though.

Ann
    June 15, 2011 at 7:22 pm

I’d set my table with 2,4, and 9. Classic looks imho.

Jeen-Marie
    June 15, 2011 at 7:48 pm

I thought the same thing! 6,7,8- Great for summer.
    I have had the dimpled glasses for about 10 years- they have served me very well. I love the weight!
    Thanks Nicole for the great choices/ideas.

Jeen-Marie
    June 15, 2011 at 7:51 pm

BTW- has anyone owned or used the black flatware? I am curious how it wears. Does the black finish wear off or scratch with dishwasher use?

Jessika
    June 15, 2011 at 10:23 pm

I love 2, 5, and 8. The stainless (shiny, not brushed) shows so many everyday spots, so I’d like to see how the black holds up. Those bubble glasses are fabulous! I’m going to have to check them out (our current everyday glasses don’t fit into the new house’s dishwasher well… note to self on things to check when purchasing future servingware and glasses).

kate blue
    June 16, 2011 at 12:08 am

I do love white plates…but I picked straight in a row…I choose 6, 7 and 8 !

Catherine
    June 16, 2011 at 12:12 am

1, 2 & 9 is pretty much how I set the table every night. We have Crate & Barrel’s Room Service dishes and cylindrical glasses found at all bog box stores (I also have kids, glasses need to be easily replaced without replacing the whole set). Makes it easy to have fun linens.

annie
    June 16, 2011 at 11:16 am

I’d love 6 and 8 together. I think that I’d need different flatware, though, I guess 7 would work best from those listed. Love those Heath plates. Beautiful stuff.

Jen
    June 16, 2011 at 7:30 pm

The black silverware is AMAZING. It would be awesome with white plates and the pretty anthropologie bowls I have been dreaming about for the past 2 years!

Sarah W
    June 16, 2011 at 10:45 pm

I actually chose exactly what you did! Great minds think alike. ;)

Christy
    June 17, 2011 at 8:45 am

All pretty but I think for everyday, every season, I’d go with 2, 8 & 9.

Emily W
    June 18, 2011 at 6:03 pm

I would choose 8, 3, & 9. :)

Becky Clark
    June 19, 2011 at 1:28 am

I love 6, but if you get those beware. There glaze is soft so every time you cut your meat, you leave a mark on the plate. There is a really nice restaurant in my town (Olympic Provisions) that has this set. They look a little worn for wear.

Judith
    June 20, 2011 at 9:47 pm

I think I’d what you did, but I’d be boring and go for the silver finish on those. That black looks like it would come off. I wish you had posted this before I got married. I received various shades of blue in Fiesta for wedding presents and now find myself drooling for just plain white plates. And those glasses…

katrina