How to Make DIY Monogrammed Trophies

Or mugs, dishes, or vases — anything ceramic or glass. But I went with trophies.

How to Make DIY Monogrammed Trophies

Supplies

Supplies for DIY Monogrammed Trophies

I designed my stencil in Adobe Illustrator and then used my Silhouette cutting machine on vinyl. There are pre-made adhesive stencils in craft stores, and plenty of sellers on Etsy willing to make one for you. You can also cut one out of contact paper with an X-acto knife.

How to Make a DIY Monogrammed Trophy

After you’ve affixed your stencil (as smooth as you can get it around the important detailed bits), you can dab the paint on thinly with a dauber. Peel the stencil off before the paint dries. If you have difficult to reach portions (like the inner triangle of my capital ‘A’, for example), you can use a pin to lift up a corner so you don’t ruin the paint by trying to do it with your fingers.

How to Make a DIY Monogrammed Trophy (Paint and Peel the Stencil)

The glass paint that I used will cure in twenty-one days if air-drying, or it can be oven-baked at 350°F for 30 minutes, and it will be dishwasher-safe once cured. I tend to go light on my DIY instructions (you’re all smart cookies), but if you want a more detailed tutorial, I found this project by searching Pinterest.

DIY Monogrammed Trophies Filled with Flowers

The trophies are cute when empty, but I like them as vases and plant pots.

Monogrammed Trophies Filled with Flowers

DIY Monogrammed Trophies Filled with Flowers

15 Responses to “How to Make DIY Monogrammed Trophies”

1. Staci @ My Friend Staci October 25, 2012 at 2:42 pm #

Very cute! Would make sweet sophisticated party favors.

2. Heather / It's So Suburban October 25, 2012 at 2:47 pm #

Cute! I just saw some of those trophies on clearance at Target yesterday!

3. Danielle October 25, 2012 at 3:02 pm #

What a cute idea!

4. Emily October 25, 2012 at 3:40 pm #

Very cute! I picked up the small and medium trophies on clearance a few days ago and may need to go back for a large and another small now…I want to have a papa bear, mama bear and 2 baby bears too! :) I’ve been wondering what to do with them and didn’t want to “waste” them being used as pen cups or a place to throw loose change on my husband’s dresser…this gives me a good idea!

5. Caitlin @ Desert Domicile October 25, 2012 at 3:44 pm #

Very cute! I picked up a big and medium vase at Target a few weeks ago (they’re sold out by me now) but I noticed that they still have the small ones and they’re on clearance! I see a project in my future :)

6. eskimo*rose October 25, 2012 at 5:07 pm #

too cute!

7. iris October 25, 2012 at 5:41 pm #

I want to tray it!!! They would be great for a center piece in a party!!
    Lovely!

8. Megan October 25, 2012 at 8:47 pm #

I love it! I’ve been looking for something like this to personalize holiday gifts…This is prefect!

9. LeeLee October 26, 2012 at 3:39 am #

Great concept. I will be giving this DIY a try. Thanks for sharing.

10. elizabeth October 26, 2012 at 7:07 am #

You have just given me ideas for Christmas presents. Thank you!!

11. Sharon October 26, 2012 at 4:41 pm #

Thanks! I was actually just wondering yesterday how to do this :) Have a great weekend!

12. Ashley April 15, 2013 at 12:26 pm #

This is a very creative idea! I’ll have to try making this for my family.

1. Happy Monday! Links / Oct 29 | The Fete Blog - October 29, 2012

[…] own pumpkin centerpieces, by Brooklyn Bride -You know this is on the top of my Must-Craft list: DIY monogrammed trophies, by Making It […]

2. 100 Reasons to Celebrate the Holidays | a subtle revelry - November 23, 2012

[…] Monogram trophies 82. Colorful Christmas sign 83. Four step facial to cue winter blues 84. Top 20 Christmas books 85. […]

3. Glittered Monogram Trophy | Hello Lidy - November 26, 2012

[…] was so inspired by Making it Lovely’s DIY Monogrammed Trophies, I decided to head out to Target and try my own version! Luckily, the trophies were 75% off so I […]