Wicker Park Bath House

Chicago Edition!

My Writing Elsewhere…

Mano Storage Jars

• Maybe the finishing touches to my kitchen are among these? (I’m looking at you, Mano storage jars, you cute little things you.)

• I came across this cute line of lingerie, and liked the retro look of it. Turns out, they’re trying to solve a… shall we say ‘delicate’ situation?

• My desk is perfectly fine, but that doesn’t stop me from dreaming about redecorating with these.

• Stop talking. (That print cracks me up, big time.)

18 Responses to “Honor Roll”

1. Nicole S. February 15, 2013 at 2:06 pm #

I used to live down the street from that beautiful bath house. Loved walking by it every day, loved dreaming about living in it even more. Sigh – you’d have to have the budget for giant art pieces to fill it, too.

• Making it Lovely February 15, 2013 at 3:07 pm #

I’d love to take a tour of the inside, but I don’t want to waste the realtor’s time (because there’s no way we could actually purchase it). And yes, you would need a separate art budget!

2. delane February 15, 2013 at 3:02 pm #

Lovely!

3. Mari February 15, 2013 at 3:04 pm #

I know you use and partner with Method products. Could you please consider going over your cleaning schedule or how you keep your place so picture worthy? I would love it. Thanks.

• Making it Lovely February 15, 2013 at 3:08 pm #

We don’t really have a strict schedule. We clean when the house looks messy (or before I take photos!).

4. Fiona February 15, 2013 at 3:50 pm #

That house is lovely, but 10,000 square feet for one family just seems insane to me (as you said).

5. Tessa @twoinspiredesign February 15, 2013 at 3:52 pm #

Oh I love that place–lived in wicker park for ten years before moving to evanston a few years ago–it was always like a little mystery walking by that place. If you do get a tour, I’ll go with you! The realtor might need a little help putting some PR behind the sale. ;)

6. Brittany February 15, 2013 at 7:17 pm #

Love that cat print!! And I’ve never been to Chicago, but hopefully that changes soon!

7. Kristina February 16, 2013 at 8:17 am #

Loving the Chicago focus, that house is absolutely stunning!

8. Megan February 16, 2013 at 10:51 am #

Love the cat print and the storage jars!

9. nicolette @ momnivore's dilemma February 16, 2013 at 8:07 pm #

Hi Nicole-

Love the Chicago focus on your honor roll this week. Wicker Park {save for all the tear-downs} really has some great homes…but I’ll take my quiet far Northwest side without all the creatives. :)

A few weeks back you linked a story about Richard Marx…I stumbled across this article, and given that you have a Chicago-theme going this week {and I am sure you love WBEZ as well}…Richard Marx takes on Rick Kogan.

Hope the pop up was fun. My brother and I went to the one in the summer…good finds.

Nicolette

• Making it Lovely February 18, 2013 at 3:30 pm #

Heh, Richard Marx is an interesting character.

10. mary February 16, 2013 at 9:03 pm #

the class map was really interesting. my county is service-trade, but the area where i live is a service area between two creative areas, which makes a lot of sense. thanks for the link!

11. Hillary February 17, 2013 at 8:20 pm #

Dang, that place is awesome.

I think I actually went in the Smilebooth directly after you at Vintage Bazaar on Friday!

• Making it Lovely February 18, 2013 at 3:31 pm #

Oh, I wish we could have said hello! I didn’t see you were there.

12. Jamie Howe February 18, 2013 at 9:41 am #

Thx for sharing the article on Chicago…I work in consumer targeting and geodemographic space and thought this was a great spin on the traditional white/blue collar, upscale/downscale conversation. Same data but less ‘surgical’ in it’s analysis.

Posted to LinkedIn…you helped me look smarter :)

13. Wendy @ New Moms Talk February 18, 2013 at 10:45 am #

The mango jars are beautiful! Good Luck finishing up the kitchen!